HITMAN 3 - Steam Release

That’s good, that’s good, they at least acknowledged that the launch was an awful mess.

2 Likes

So if I now buy Deluxe, I’ll get 7DS?
Good deal

1 Like

So people who survived the Epic Launch Catastrophe get no free stuff. Love it, IOI.

2 Likes

Okay, from what I’ve heard regarding 7DS quality, best deal would be to get standard and wait for 7DS to be on sale (since the difference in Russia between Deluxe and Standard is almost equal to 7DS price anyway)

1 Like

Oh my god! The H3 I bought at EGS suddenly lost its flavor…
Do they mean that their pricing is wrong, or does it mean that such an operation does not meet their expectations?

They mean this :arrow_down:

2 Likes

At least they saw “mixed”

Pretty galling to see 7DS given away for free on just one platform. The Steam issues are comparable, if not less severe, than those faced by Epic players last year. This reads like a bribe to improve reviews on Steam more than anything else. Good for Steam users, but I cannot deny my own disappointment.

I’ve upgraded to the Deluxe Pack on Epic, but I’m not interested in buying 7DS until it is heavily discounted. I have always felt the content is not worth more than £5. Now, I would begrudge paying anything.

If the 7DS were merely cosmetic packs (as was initially planned, according to Travis), I would happily ignore them. But, instead, they are linked to challenges and become essential to 100% complete the game.

6 Likes

Now the game is 50% of again on Epic on the Lunar sale, it’s like they’re actively mocking people lmao

8 Likes

Do the Steam bundles with Hitman 3 get discounted further if you own some of the contents from it?

I was under the impression I heard they somehow didn’t, but this free offer could be a workaround to get people extra discounts on those bundles, if IOI can’t put H3 itself on sale for the next month

oh my god. H3 on EGS began to discount, and EGS sent out 10 $coupons!!!

2 Likes

No unfortunately, it has to be a blue “bundle” type. For Hitman 2 Standard Edition, it was

For Hitman 3, none of them has the blue “bundle” type

4 Likes

Even if the IOI does so, it will still not save the disaster. This way only protects the interests of steam players, while EGS players get nothing. In addition, they still do not admit that the disaster of this sale is their pricing. Even if you give players upgrades, or give players enough discounts on EGS, it still won’t save your first impression.

6 Likes

Regarding the new Steam discounts:

It’s a nice gesture but ultimately won’t solve the fundamental problems with IOI’s pricing scheme for this game.

Hitman 2 content (gold edition) shouldn’t still cost $100 at full price to play within the Hitman 3 engine after 3 years. It should be discounted like how Hitman 1 content is only priced at $30 within Hitman 3.

7DS is still way overpriced for what it is.

IOI is just kicking the problem down the road. Once this limited time deal ends, the complaints will resume.

They tried to do this after their similarly botched Epic release last year too, giving new customers discounts on Hitman 1 and 2 access passes for a limited time. It didn’t fix the fundamental problems of IOI’s pricing and marketing structure, which is why the Steam release was so badly executed a year later.

Lower prices especially for older game DLC. Rebrand DLC to be less confusing to buy. That’s what IOI needs to do, not this limited time band-aid solution crap.

12 Likes

Ouch, I wanted everything after waiting so long, so I just bit the bullet and bought both Deluxe and 7DS on Steam the hour it released.

I could have saved $30 just by waiting a week. Bummer.

5 Likes

Maybe you can ask for a refund?

3 Likes

Well, I’ve already put 50 hours into the game, including unlocking all the items from those DLCs, and I’d be worried that getting a refund might cause screwy issues with it being granted back for free.

Plus Steam Support is going to be swamped today with the Lunar Sale starting in an hour and a half.

3 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t call it a nice gesture at all because they decided to run a 50% discount on Epic at the same time

Which means it’s cheaper to buy Hitman 3 + all DLC there than Hitman Deluxe on Steam.

Despite the 7 sins supposedly being “free”

Mind you, I’m not even putting Epic coupons in this comparison.

6 Likes

What IOI should do now is to return everything to its original price or due price. And provide compensation for EGS users (the second point is only personal point of view).

1 Like

Let me compare the price of steam and EGS.
On steam (before 2022.2.19,and not included in the lunar calendar discount), if you want to get complete H3 (only H3), you need to spend 418 ¥. On EGS (before the end of the discount,and not included in the coupon), if you want to get a complete H3, you need to spend 297.8 ¥.(Only in China)

1 Like