HITMAN 3 - Steam Release

At least I’m glad to see they are using the Steam forums to communicate directly with Steam players. That’s what I kept asking for with H1/H2. There was not even the minimum while the forum was always filled with the same questions over and over.

@Clemens_IOI :+1:

EDIT : Please fix the FSP.

12 Likes

They’ve acknowledged the weird demo server problems on the “known issues” page.

14 Likes

the access passes didn’t show up in my purchase history until i launch the demo

i am grateful that they are at least trying to let us access hitman 1 + 2 content in the demo.

soon i can uninstall hitman 2 and just have the hitman 3 demo since it takes up less than half the space on my SSD

For about that, I think it’s a matter of preference than an actual “problem.”

This is something I haven’t thought about, and now I’m genuinely curious. Can anyone who moved to the actual game after playing the demo tell how the achievements got handled?

I remember that some players wrote they could not purchase Legacy Pack for H2 because they did not purchase the full game and only had SP(could have changed now). Assuming it is still the case today, it may be intentional. (I could be very wrong)

Another likely downside(I won’t say for sure because I did no test) of this “demo method” is that the player would have to download the game again after purchasing the full game. I don’t think it’s a big deal, though, since it’s just a one-time inconvenience.

So I think the root cause of demo problem is the deletion of FSP. In fact, there was no such trouble: players get the game Ontology (FSP), inherit DLC and archive, and continue the game.Maybe they made demo decent, but it is still not as effective and simple as FSP.

Yeah I am not going to download the demo and try and get all the DLC and progression stuff working, then hoping it carries over properly when I eventually get the full version. I’ll wait for a FSP or a discount. I made good use of the FSP in Hitman 2 before buying the gold edition (mostly because it didn’t carry over progression) but from what I’ve seen of the HM3 demo it’s got some issues.

1 Like

I suspect that the progression in the Demo (should it start working) would carry over, but I don’t actually have any evidence lel

HITMAN III FSP progression carries over to any HITMAN III edition. It’s essentially the same game, but with a few licenses and code lines changed between it and the Standard/Deluxe Editions.

This isn’t Hitman III FSP tho this is Hitman III Steam Demo lel

If you download the Steam Demo, on the banner that shows up in the Steam Library and the Downloads page, it clearly shows the HITMAN III Free Starter Pack logo and banner. It IS classified as a Demo, but it’s not very accurate.

Yeah, a picture is the only place it says the words Free Starter Pack anywhere. They didn’t actually write that in the Store Page, the Library, anywhere in the UI…

They made sure “Demo” shows up in all those places tho (As well as the picture)

It has a different AppID in Steam (along with name), that’s why I call it Demo, and that’s why I don’t think how the Free Starter Packs work automatically applies to the demo, unless you know something we don’t

4 Likes

What IOI is doing now is to repair demo instead of turning it into FSP. Even if they want demo to become FSP (maybe), the simpler and more reasonable method is still FSP like H2.

1 Like

The most incomprehensible thing is that they clearly do FSP so well in H2 of steam and H3 of other platforms, but why they still use demo on steamH3.

Isn’t the Demo the Free Starter Pack, just under another name?
What differences it has comparably to FSP?

1 Like

FSP is equal to the game ontology. Playing demo will not be associated with the online number of H3, and it is very unstable because it is two servers.
And you can’t buy DLC for demo without purchasing H3 (even if you can carry it forward to demo through buy H1H2)

So they use a dedicated server for Demo instead of giving it for Ghost Mode Revived? (or should I say Alpha)
What a shame man

https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/ghost-mode-mod-release/13544
It can be seen that H3 players can only play ghost mode with H3 players, while demo players can only play with demo players. If the future IOI does not change demo into FSP, it will affect the online of players. For players who bought H3 on EGS like me, they can’t even experience GM at present, and even if they can experience it, they may not be able to play with steamH3 players.

If this mod would’ve given the possibility to play with random opponent, I would use it, but it sadly allows to play only with a certain opponent. That makes GM not that special as it used to be.
So it’s not for me just now. But I still hope

1 Like

After all, it seems that this is just pulled out by the mod author from the H3 file, which is not officially produced by IOI. Moreover, IOI was also known as “GHOST MODE BETA” before,We don’t even know if they will return GM to H3…

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1486718804633665539

17 Likes