HITMAN 3 - Technical Support

Platform: PC EGS Digital Copy of HITMAN 3

Description : I bought H3 with H2 expansion, but I don’t have access to H2.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Download and launch the game
  2. While H3 is running, buy H2 expansion in EGS
  3. Check the menu

Frequency : Every time in main menu.

Hello,

Platform: PC EGS

Description:
I’m having an issue where I can’t launch the game on PC. After launching game from EGS, the Hitman launcher appears, but after clicking on play I am immediately thrown back to EGS. Similarly, I cannot launch the benchmark either.

I was able to play the game before but after approx 10h of playing the game has crashed and I was unable to launch it againe ever since.

I tried verifying the files, reinstalling the game, I checked DX12, Nvidia drivers, tried to launch it as adminstrator directyl from the folder - none of those have helped.

Steps to reproduce:
1.Launch the game from EGS
2.Click play in the game launcher

Frequency: Every time I try to launch the game

4 Likes

Platform: PS4 (not Pro)
Desctription: As so many other players, my game stalls with the Fetching Profile “Connection Error”.
Steps to reproduce: Try starting the game, that’s it.
Frequency: Every time.

I have tried the uninstall/unplug etc. guide posted in another thread to no avail, still the exact same error.

(I don’t know if is a bug, but definitely is strange)

Platform : PC

Description :
If you open all elevators from the Server Room through the terminal in Dubai, they will remain open even on new gameplay sessions. Are a somesort of permanent exits?

Steps to reproduce :
1 - First time playing Dubai, open all Elevator shafts;
2 - They will remain open for next game sessions.

Frequency:
Always.

Platform: PC
Description: Crashing in random times
Steps to reproduce: It just happens so there aren’t any specific steps to reproduce also all the people in this thread are facing the same issue Hitman 3 crashes on launch? - Hitman 3 (2021) / Technical Issues - Hitman Forum
Frequency: Always

same for me too ioi pls look upto this issue pls!!!

Just responding to some fake news on the forum. Somebody posted that Sony will not offer a refund after speaking to an ‘advisor’ well I’ve just got an email back from Sony and instead of refusing a refund they are very interested in the ioi server problem. They’ve asked me to provide further details.

1 Like

It doesn’t count as fake news if that’s what the Sony rep I spoke to told me. I chose not to escalate it further as I was just speaking to the rep in the live chat. Keep in mind that Sony Canada’s handling of the issue might be different from other territories.

1 Like

Platform: PC/Epic Digital

Description: Yesterday the game messed with some of my challenges after getting disconnected at the end of one of my playthrougs in Dartmoor.

Here you can see how it messed with the discovery of the locations in Dartmoor. I’m stuck in 9/22, but in the second capture you can see that I even have the achievement for the discovery of all the locations in Dartmoor, “No stone unturned” (“Ninguna piedra sin remover” in spanish)

I’ve done this one several times but it does not unlocks to me.

The other one that is broken to me is The Classics. You can see that i’ve done the rest of the challenges in the category except the sniper assassin x17, but The Classics is stuck in 3/4. I’ve done a few more attempts of unlocking it, but it does not works

None of the locations will be imported to HITMAN 3.
Carryover process imports progression data. Only and exclusively.
To get locations of previous games in HITMAN 3, you:

• For HITMAN 2016

• To have a free copy of HITMAN – The Complete First Season
      • In this case you’re eligible to redeem locations for free at any time
    • Buy HITMAN 3 within 10 days after release
      • If you don’t have a free copy of HITMAN – The Complete First Season.
      • You’ll get access to HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass for free
    • After 10 days post launch period, I believe you should have to buy HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass for a full price
  • For HITMAN 2

• If you own the game on Steam
      • Wait for unknown period until IOI sorts out stuff and offer HITMAN 2 locations for free
      • Within first 14 days after HITMAN 3 launch buy HITMAN 2 Access Pass with 80% off and get the locations immidiately
    • If you don’t own HITMAN 2 on Steam
      • Within first 14 days after HITMAN 3 launch buy HITMAN 2 Access Pass with 80% off and get the locations
    • After 14 days post launch period you’ll need to buy HITMAN 2 Access Pass for a full price.
      But developers promise to set a discounts regularly

Known issues and developers are already working on a solution

1 Like

Platform PS4, digital, psn profile name: Withy14
Description: Error fetching profile.
Steps to reproduce: Launch teh game.
Frequency: permanent two days, so constant

2 Likes

Hey no problem. Was just trying to inject a little humour. Very disappointing for Sony Canada to take that stance. I’m still hoping that ioi pull it out of the bag before i go past the point of no return with the refund. It was hard enough convincing myself to refund Cyberpunk. Thing is Cyberpunks popularity was based upon lies and deceit. Ioi have been completely transparent during the Hitman 3 development process and the gameplay will be definitely as promised. Its just this ridiculous online only policy that has backfired. Whoever decided upon the online only policy in the company really needs to be held to account. Its undoing all the good work of the people developing the gameplay. I really hope ioi can learn from this especially for the upcoming 007 game. 2 weeks ago I would have said that ioi would be the perfect company for developing a game based upon 007. I dont want to be wrong!

5 Likes

Dear HITMAN Developers,

My name is Juan.

I live in Uruguay, which is located in South America.

I bought the HITMAN 3 (2021) game yestarday at EPIC GAMES Launcher.

I installed the game, with no problems, but when i try to RUN the game, by choseing “PLAY”, the game doesn’t run.
When the game is about to start, the screen of my pc turns BLACK for a few seconds and then it just go back to Windows Desk, without alerting the error that happened.

Before anything, i cheked that my PC Graphics capabilities could fulfill the minimum graphics requirements, and it does. My PC is a good and high rated PC.

I also already have HITMAN 2 (2018) on steam.

Back to my concern, I contacted with EPIC GAMES assistants, and after a few hours in which they tried to help me to solve this error, they said that this problem is something that only developers of the game could solve.

¿ could you help me to make HITMAN 3 run correctly?

I even tried to make it run after updateing Windows 10 to the lastest version (versión 20H2.)

2 Likes

No worries! Since I was the one who posted that I just wanted to clarify further. It’s possible that I could have escalated the issue higher up with them but I didn’t feel the need. I don’t want a refund (I just want to be able to play it), but I was curious if they would do it or not. If they had, my plan was just to try my luck with the Xbox version. We’re all in this one together!

I’ve run into a bunch of issues most in Chongqing, China…I’m assuming this stuff has been reported already bun in case it hasn’t or in case iOi hasn’t seen this stuff reported before I figure it’s worth typing since these bugs are not listed in the known issues thread:

All on PS4 Pro.

In China
In the laundry room the washing machines do not load in properly, only the inner tube does and the items on top of the washing machines look like they are floating in the air…this happens all the time…every time I replay the level…I have never seen them load in properly.

On Professional difficulty I cannot hear the audio of the targets talking after shooting the drones and on Master I don’t hear any of the Audio when shooting the drones…neither from Olivia nor from the targets.

On Master difficulty I cannot interact with the ICA facility tour guide after I get the P41 and disguise myself as Pritchard.

In Berlin, Germany:

The Uncover Berlin challenge appears bugged at 21/22…I got the PS4 trophy for discovering every area in the level and I cannot see any more undiscovered area markers on any of the floors of the levels(yes, I looked at the map of every floor multiple times and I moved the map around for every floor to see everything including the tower) but the challenge does not complete.

In the Syberia sniper assassin prison level in the snow:

Shooting an icicle to fall on a target will clip through the target but do no damage…target will not die and will just keep walking as if nothing happened. I usually distract them under an icicle so that they stand still there for a few seconds too and they will literally stand there with an icicle inside them for a while before walking away as if nothing happened.

Platform: PS4 digital copy

Description : I bought Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold the same day I preordered Hitman 3 on PS4. I downloaded the access pass, but I am only able to play Hitman 2 & 3 in Hitman 3. When I go to Hitman 1, it says I have to buy the Hitman 1 GOTY edition again for $30 (I originally bought it on sale for like $11). How do I get Hitman 1 to unlock in Hitman 3?

Steps to reproduce: Go to Main Menu, select Hitman 1, all levels are still locked

Frequency : Always

Platform: PS4

Description : Haven’t been able to connect to servers AT ALL. I bought the first 2 hitman games from the indian PSN store and bought this one from the USA PSN store. Is this a region issue?

Steps to reproduce: open the game and try to connect

Frequency : always happens. Haven’t been online EVEN ONCE.

Attach or link to any videos or images that will help explain the issue.

1 Like

There seems to be a variety of things that will “fix” the PC issue with the profile or configuration fetching temporarily. Getting rid of the appdata iointeractive folder has helped. Reinstalling the game has been reported to help. Uninstalling and/or reinstalling the epic online games services has made a difference. All of these seem to be only temporary fixes though and the problem comes back after an hour or two. Obviously we can’t be expected to continuously reinstall the game, delete folders, and stop/start services every few hours so there must be a longer term fix for this.

Just something I’ve noticed, yesterday on day one of play, I noticed many glitches and just general poor performance. Today after managing to link my Xbox account to my io account, I’d say all of these issues have stopped. Wonder if there’s a problem with linked accounts is leading to a lot of background tasks taking away from performance?

After i deleted the savefile on my ps4 it worked flawlessly yesterday. Now i just started the game and ive got the profile-fetch-error again, and deleting the savefile doesnt fixed the issue anymore. I must say that im really disappointed of IO, some people werent even able to play since launch and there is still no fix for this mess…