HITMAN 3 - Technical Support

Platform: PS5 Disc, PS4 disc with PS5 upgrade.

Description : Cannot complete ANY contracts/missions. As soon as I click to exit, I lose my connection to the servers. Happens on main missions, contracts, ETs, everything. Was happening before the update, after the update seemed to be fixed for 1/2 a day, now the same thing. Tried switching from 5ghz to 2.4ghz wifi, uninstalling and reinstalling, powering on/off, etc. All the same.

Steps to reproduce: (How can we reproduce the issue?)

1. Complete any mission/contract/ET
  2. Hit the exit prompt

Frequency : (Did it happen once, or lots of times? Does it ALWAYS happen?)
ALWAYS before the update, after update was fixed for 1/2 a day, now ALWAYS

Platform:

Xbox Series X, digital game.

Description

Game does not get past the opening cutscene to any level. Image freezes, music continues to play, gameplay does not start. Watching cutscene or skipping through it result in the same issue.

This is the same across all levels, including Hitman 1 and 2; I am a Hitman 2 player who transferred their game from 2 to the Hitman 3 Starter Pack. All access packs downloaded fine and no issues around being given access to older levels, though again these simply hang and freeze past the cutscene.

Steps to reproduce:

As above, all I do is try to start any level.

Frequency

Every time, every level including older ones.

I also tried uninstalling completely and reinstalling everything; issue replicates. Full power down does not work.

Seeing a lot of similar posts but no responses or support… Game was working fine 2 hours ago, now it will not run. Have people really had this error without resolution since January??

Platform: PC

Description: Game crashes back to Epic Launcher after pressing Launch Hitman

Steps to reproduse: Load up Epic launcher. Press play on Hitman 3. Small Hitman 3 launcher loads. Press Launch Hitman 3. Starts to load but then screen goes black for a few seconds and then crashes back to the Epic Launcher. No error message.

Frequency: Every time I try to play the game from the Epic launcher.

2 Likes

I waited for years for this game to come out, bought it the day it came out, and now it’s unplayable. It’s astonishing that this problem remains, and there is no way for those of us having this issue to rectify the situation. I’ve dropped hundreds of dollars on this franchise, got many people to buy it, and I’ll never get to finish the game. My favorite game of all time. Just devastating.

3 Likes

Did you ever find a fix for this as I’m having the same problem?

1 Like

Platform: XBOX Series X Deluxe Disc Edition

Description : After ending “Satu Mare Delirium” escalation first level, I don’t get the Taunton Dart Gun, but a second Sieker-1 Emetic Pistol.

When choosing equipment for a mission, the Taunton Dart Gun is displayed properly…

… but, when I finish equipment selection, I get a Sieker-1 Emetic Pistol.

In game, the Taunton Dart Gun is displayed properly in the inventory and on screen.

Frequency : It always happen.

Platform: XBOX Series X Deluxe Disc Edition

Description : Agency Bartoli Woodsman Covert sniper rifle has the Piercing trait, but it doesn’t work. It can’t penetrate bodies at all.

Frequency : It always happen.

Is posting something here doing something - or is it just shouting into a void? Has anyone ever been helped here? Feels like I have hit a brick wall

PS4

Disc

Dubai

Since the last update, I have problems with my connection on line. First time I had a hard time getting on-line but today I got on-line pretty fast but everytime I try to finish a mission it sais that i’m offline? I didn’t see a message telling me that I got disconnected and when I try to reconnect it sais Error and to contact support if the problem persists. Now I’m online easily but whether I finish the mission or just quit I get a “disconnected” message… but what’s REALLY annoying is that i’m not saving my completed challenges!

Error Loading Local Profile Data

Platform: PS4 (Digital)
Description: I was playing the The Greed Enumeration escalation and it got up to level 3, before playing the final level the game just crashed and when I relaunched it I’m told that my data is corrupted and I should delete it. What does this mean I am going to lose all my progress?!

Frequency: Every time I launch the game

It looks like it’s just the profile data saved locally on your PS4 that is corrupted. If you go to Application Saved Data Management and delete it, you might lose your in-level mission saves, but all of your progress (challenges/unlocks/mastery/etc.) is stored on IO’s servers, so you’ll still have that when you reconnect.

1 Like

Platform:
PC Digital (Epic)

Description : Already owned H1 but after purchasing H3 with H2 acces pass I cannot acces H1 missions in H3. No idea how to transfer.

I previously owned H1 in the Epic Games Library. Got HITMAN 3 and the access pass for Hitman 2 as I assumed I would be able to play Hitman 1 aswell yet I cannot.

How does one fix this?

Thanks a lot you just solved my problem

1 Like

ALSO XBox One - PREVIOUSLY REPORTED FOR PC -

Platform: Xbox One, Disc

Description : Taunton Dart Gun was unlocked in Satu Mare Delirium escalation - but is not visible in Inventory. However, two Seiker 1 pistols are now visible.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Play through all 3 levels of escalation
  2. Review Inventory > Pistols

Frequency : Always, once unlocked.

Platform: Xbox One

Description: I don’t know exactly how to describe this, I was playing through Hokkaido, and I loaded up the save and suddenly it said it could not load the save because it had items that were not available to me. It looks like I was using a gun from a legacy pack, and the game is saying I don’t own those. But I did have those legacy packs because I bought the previous two games for Xbox as well. Is this a technical issue, or are you putting the legacy packs behind paywalls now even if you’ve bought the games and already downloaded them?

Platform: PC, digital

Description : After update to 3.20 the game is immediately crashing on start

Steps to reproduce: try to launch the game (normal or benchmark)

Frequency : 100% of the time after update

Now, to be fair, a lot has changed on the same day: I got OS update, GPU VBIOS update, drivers update, but Hitman 3 is the only game that suddenly stopped working (and I have a lot of games tested). The usual checks didn’t help (content verification, clean game reinstall, etc).

All I have to go on is the crash info in system journal:

Faulting application name: hitman3.exe, version: 3.20.0.0, time stamp: 0x604fb467
Faulting module name: hitman3.exe, version: 3.20.0.0, time stamp: 0x604fb467
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000e1f481
Faulting process id: 0x7e04
Faulting application start time: 0x01d72a472b854dbf
Faulting application path: C:\Games\Epic Games\HITMAN3\retail\hitman3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\Epic Games\HITMAN3\retail\hitman3.exe
Report Id: aebb0476-a47a-4cff-a6ca-d7125bf137b8
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I’m on the latest Win10 21H2 dev build 21343, with latest Nvidia drivers 465.89

3 Likes

I feel the same… Finally get a few days off work to play HM3 and I can’t even connect😂 It’s Easter weekend so I’m hoping we get some answers soon. I’m absolutely gutted too as I’ve just spent £25 on 7 Deadly Sins bundle. I sure many people feel how we do.

3 Likes

Platform PC: My game keeps crashing after a map load, then play for a little bit, move the mouse around too fast and then game freezes, crashes, Epic Launcher reopens.

Before anyone tells me to update my drivers, uninstall and reinstall the game, verify the game on Epic, google troubleshooting guides, I’ve done all that. My computer specs can handle the game just fine, no other game is an issue. Epic support is incompetent and it seems like IOI is impossible to get a hold of. I need real solutions here.

3 Likes

Platform: PS5

I can no longer progress on Colorado or Sapienza. It loses server connection if I fail or succeed. Multiple challenges are no longer completable because I lose all progress at the end whether I win, lose, or quit.

It happens every single time.

All my discovered locations went undiscovered, as well, on all levels across all three campaigns.

2 Likes

Same problem on ps4 but on every mission (did dubai berlin and quonjing). Posted and sent email to IoI 4days ago and no response… really disappointed being a big hitman fan. In case you get an answer I’d love to see it! Good luck

1 Like