HITMAN 3 - Technical Support

Platform: PC - Steam, Digital. Latest version (3.160)

Description : “Featured Contract Challenge” for Track 1 (the “Hitman” [2016] and “Hitman 2” [2018] maps) reset to zero for Tier 6 and higher although I have completed 25 contracts (Tier 5 and lower show as completed).

Steps to reproduce: Not certain. I thought if I completed a contract or two after patch 3.150 and 3.160, the tally would increment from 25, but it simply increments from 1.
I’ve re-started the game, played on different days after turning off computer between those days, and I’ve played contracts on both Update 3.150 and Update 3.160.

(I’ve read two posts @ HMF that inquired about this issue in 2021, but I have not found any replies or acknowledgements from IO so re-directing me to the relevant post would be greatly appreciated if this bug has been addressed. Most posts regarding Featured Contracts appear to be related to rewards not unlocking; I’ve had this problem as well, but fortunately in my case, the rewards seem to suffer only a delay (playing another mission / contract or sometimes exiting the game then starting a new session) rather than no reward at all.

Frequency : It’s happened on the 3 contracts I’ve completed so far (so cumulative total ought to be 28, not 3).

Screenshot of progress for Tier 6 showing 3/30 rather than 28/30; added yellow circle for clarity

Best regards.

So… After months that i had left hitman this is what happened today… I bought a brand new PS5 and installed hitman… Very funny but the game crashed exactly at fetching my profile and i still cannot enter my profile and play hitman, please please please help me…

1 Like

PS5

Hitman Freelancer

1 burning man Feature challenge

I used an oil barrel with pistol burned 2 suspects and didn’t get credit I’m at 2/25. Tried oil canister had to use emp to ignite, pistol won’t work.

2 cold Feet challenge. I’m at 4/20

This last time in Santa Fortuna

1/3 targets

After 1 target, I exited but didn’t get credit for cold feet .

3 freelancer coin, I can’t buy it or get it at a shop or win it.

I’m using collector coin, but would like the freelancer coin to complete equipment.

Platform: [PC, Epic]

Description: Ray tracing causes crashing

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enable ray tracing. Reflections only, not sun shadows.
  2. Set reflections to highest settings.
  3. Play any map in any mode
  4. At some random the moment the game crashes. It could be seconds after loading the map, it could be hours after playing.

Frequency: A lot. Nearly with every playthrough.

Hardware:
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
RTX 4080 16GB
64 GB RAM

Ever since the release of Freelancer I’ve been (attempting to, at least) playing with ray tracing on (reflections only, no sun shadows). As beautiful as it is, even today with the current version (3.160.0) it is super prone to crash. Some levels more than others it looks like.

I’ve tried many combinations. Enabling/disabling sun shadows, enabling/disabling DLSS (with and without frame generation). No matter what I try, it seems the culprit is the ray tracing option. The game has yet to crash with ray tracing off.

This is a real shame. The game has plenty of shiny surfaces that look incredible with ray tracing on. But in its current state it’s simply flipping a coin whether the game will crash or not. :frowning:

In the PC Steam version, when running HITMAN: WOA in offline mode, HITMAN 3 ACCESS PASS: Hitman 1 GOTY edtion is not recognized.

This means that all missions from Season 1 are deactivated.

However, in the PS5 version of HITMAN: WOA, HITMAN 3 ACCESS PASS: Hitman 1 GOTY edtion is recognized when running in offline mode.

Furthermore, the previously reported bug with the “saving… icon” does not occur when I deactivate the Hitman Season 1 GOTY version in the Steam DLC settings.

In my opinion, it appears that there might be a synchronization issue between HITMAN 3 ACCESS PASS: Hitman 1 GOTY edtion and the Steam version of HITMAN: WOA.

I am currently facing an issue where the Hitman 3 infinite game saving icon appears.

I currently own three versions of Hitman 3: Xbox PC Game Pass version, PS5 version, and the Steam version. The bug only occurs in the Steam version.

I have a total of three devices at home: a high-end PC desktop (with an i5 13600 and RTX 4080), an ASUS Rog Ally (UMPC), and a Valve SteamDeck. The same bug is occurring on all three devices.

The symptoms of the bug are as follows:

When I am connected online, the “Saving…” icon appears on the bottom right of the screen every 2 seconds continuously. It doesn’t stop and keeps appearing endlessly. However, it doesn’t actually save; only the icon is displayed.

This issue only happens in the Steam version. I have confirmed it on both the desktop PC and UMPC, and it has never occurred in the Xbox PC version.

It only appears when I’m connected online.

It seems like this bug has been reported on Reddit for a while, but it hasn’t been addressed yet. There are also some people in the Steam community who are experiencing similar issues. This bug is greatly disrupting my gaming experience.

1 Like

Can’t play WoA on Xbox One if internet is down completely not just servers down. Is this a bug or does IO simply see players without internet as scum unworthy to enjoy their products?

1 Like

Platform: : PC
Digital

Description : Unable to launch the game. After launching from Epic, taken to the Hitman 3 launcher. After clicking “Play” the launcher closes and re-opens the Epic Games Store.

Steps to reproduce: Launch from EGS or by double-clicking the launcher in game file folder.

My specs: Windows 11 Home, GPU: GTX 1650, CPU: Intel I5 9th gen, DirectX12, 16g DDR4 RAM

Frequency : Always. Have not yet been able to launch the game.

I was also having this issue but on Steam. i think the Launcher is somehow broken. The Steam forums suggested this:

Try this: on your steam library, right click the game, go to properties and add “-skip_launcher” (without the quotes) to Launch Options, close the window and launch the game.

I don’t know if you can edit the Epic launcher in this way, but this worked for me on Steam.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

After today’s quick update (30mb), it seems that i cannot have access anymore to the Drop Elusive Target :frowning:

The game is unable to find the appropriate content and refuses to start the mission…

However as you can see i can still play Berlin as i wish, i even just completed my first SASO run ever on this map today :stuck_out_tongue:

Platform: Steam

Let me know if you’re having the same issue. Looking forward to a quick fix to the issue :+1:

Cheers!

I can access it fine post-30MB update. Have your tried validating the game files already?

1 Like

I’m looking into it atm.
It might be related to some mods that i have installed.

Update: After checking game integrity it redownloaded a few mbs, meaning it could be today’s update that wasn’t properly downloaded, or something else.

Patching mods again didn’t change anything, but after redownloading the corrupted files the Elusive Target starts when mods are disabled. So it might be a conflict with a mod, or maybe because dynamic resources are disabled…

Interestingly enough i’m able to play the other activated Elusive Target in Bangkok even with mods activated, which makes the whole situation more ankward :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway i will play the Elusive Target without activating mods for now awaiting a solution :+1:

Update: It seems that it was a mod file (or a mod bad update) that was causing the issue and now it is fixed. Thanks for trying to help me anyway!

Thanks alot man. This is work!!!

1 Like

Hitman III won’t launch. I have it on the XBOX gaming app on PC, running Windows 11. When I click to play I get the “checking for updates” screen that disappears in a few seconds and brings up the launch panel. When I click “play” it goes away but nothing happens. And if I try to skip the launch screen to just start the game (clicking on the HITMAN III game file in the folder it’s stored in), it takes me to the screen that prompts me to press A to continue. When I do that, the sound stutters and then the game screen closes/crashes. No error messages appear, though. I get the following information in Event Viewer when trying to start the game with the launch screen:

Faulting application name: Launcher.exe_HITMAN 3 Launcher, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65092b90
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2506, time stamp: 0x097c794c
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007f61e
Faulting process id: 0x0x3318
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA0A9FF7083BC4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\IOInteractiveAS.PC-HITMAN3-BaseGame_1.0.36.0_x64__6h0y724g59e1w\Retail\Launcher.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 935a8ace-89db-453f-a45d-8e89d8162ca0
Faulting package full name: IOInteractiveAS.PC-HITMAN3-BaseGame_1.0.36.0_x64__6h0y724g59e1w
Faulting package-relative application ID: Game

None of the suggested fixes that I’ve found online have helped. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn’t help. Deleting the .bin file in the IO interactive folder in AppData does nothing (as well as deleting the whole HITMAN III folder there). I’ve checked my computer for updates and installed any new ones, restarted my computer and tried again. No change.

The game was playing just fine a week or two ago and I don’t recall making any big changes to my computer in the meantime so I’m not sure why this is happening now.

The launcher is broken. Try this if you can:

I can’t figure out how to make it a setting to skip the launcher but, as I mentioned earlier, I am able to start the game directly without the launcher by clicking the Hitman file in the folder the game is stored in. But it stops once I click the button to continue. The information provided by Event Viewer when I do this is as follows:

Faulting application name: HITMAN3.exe, version: 3.170.0.0, time stamp: 0x650931b5
Faulting module name: xgameruntime.dll, version: 10.0.25398.1505, time stamp: 0x2e4b41a0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ccd4d
Faulting process id: 0x0x29F4
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA0AA00B9824C6
Faulting application path: F:\Games\Xbox\PC - HITMAN 3 - Base Game\Content\Retail\HITMAN3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\xgameruntime.dll
Report Id: 6b39e6c8-39dc-44a7-b97a-96e97575a846
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

1 Like

I wish i could help you more, but I don’t use the XBOX Gaming App so i have no idea how the settings work in that. Maybe someone else can advise you more.

Sorry.

Platform: Epic

Description : Immediately after launching Freelancer, game freezes and then crashes.

Steps to reproduce: Launching Hitman, starting up Freelancer. Crash happens after loading finishes, and Diana’s dialogue shows as subtitles.

Frequency: Every time

Note: All other game modes seem to work fine. This is only affecting Freelancer. Have deleted shadercache files, verified system files, restarted the computer and updated all drivers. No change.

Hitman is breaking my PS4. I can no longer play the game. On top of that, when I try to play or close it, my screen turns black and I have to unplug my PS4 to play a different game. Please help me.

Xbox

Sarajevo Six

After purchase of add on.

It says installed on Xbox but after restart of game.

When I visit Paris, the director is grayed out get access

What should I do?

Update

I got it fixed so all good