Hitman 3 - Year 2 Update (Jan 20, 2022)

I’m really egar to see that new safe house. Glad t osee 47 finally got himself a fancy place to live. That money he has isn’t just for expensive clothing and weapons.

5 Likes

I’m so excited haha :sweat_smile:

Can’t wait to see more of this house!

33 Likes

Asking the big questions.

• Steam Release on the 20th
  • Steam Release not on the 20th and releases with VR
  • Both release on the 20th

0 voters

1 Like

I’m not surprised we’ll hear more than just PC VR and Elusive Arcade. Would be pretty underwhelming to have all this hype buzz about new upcoming content and not getting to learn what exactly that is…

The question that’s on my mind is how much IOI might keep secret for now. Maybe we’ll get an idea of how many extra maps/missions we’re getting, but no clue on where or what they’re about.
I also wonder if we might get another Year-long content roadmap like we got with Hitman 2, but some of the stuff in that never came to pass, so idk if IOI wants that to happen again…

6 Likes

Now that the Hokkaido Snow Festival is out, we’ve officially gotten two Challenge Packs from Hitman 2016 and 2 with all of their challenges re-added to Hitman 3. It would be nice to get some of the other missing challenges back as well in Year 2.

5 Likes

I’d love it if they brought the Vampire Magician one back.

4 Likes

They did, or at least there’s still some lingering challenges from it, I think.

It never granted the Vampire Magician outfit if that’s what you’re looking for.

3 Likes

It never did grant you the disguise from what I recall.

Challenge packs were great because they were usually featured hitman’s signature absurd dark comedy and were in fact challenging, which is why I’d welcome them back.

6 Likes

It’s weird because a handful of challenges from the challenge packs were kept in Hitman 3, but the majority were cut out with no clear reason behind it. For example, they kept one of the Himmapan Horror challenges on Bangkok where you need to kill targets with an axe and have the bodies found, but not the other three for kills with cleavers, drowning, and pushing targets over a ledge.

2 Likes

I’d be happy to see the return of the Challenge Packs if they came back into HITMAN 3… providing I could import my 100% Steam H2 progress into what I’m sure will be an upcoming Steam release of H3, and thus never have to do the Master Scarecrow Challenge Pack again (plus the Mallory Misfortune, if that were ever to re-appear)! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

If I remember correctly, all 4 DLC locations for H2 were revealed at once, although vaguely referred as the bank, resort, prison, etc.

2 Likes

What about a nice Atlantic City map uh?

Or Newark, New Jersey? Or Rosemont, IL ?

1 Like

Hooooooohhh!

I want l’il flashy. I lost him when I reset my progress.

1 Like

im sorry about that pal

1 Like

when steam gets released everybody will be like yeessss the wait is finaly over some people like playing it on epic some people don’t they rather play it on steam thats fine too

Maybe it’s a skeptical attitude I’ve developed over the years, but Jan. 20th…

“Update” = a big download to the game with (maybe not all, but a significant amount of) content such as the Safehouse. Things like escalations or other events would come out on a set schedule later.

or

“Update” = News/Info on what’s coming… Like maybe the hideout won’t come out until “Spring”. :sweat_smile:

Or is a Livestream scheduled before that to give us more of an in depth preview of what’s to come and when? I mean other than an awesome sneak-peak video. That still lacks specificity (unless I’m wrong).

Edit: I would rewatch the video to double check, but it age restricts if you’re not logged in, even when it’s embedded.

2 Likes

I’m expecting it to be both definitions of an update. As per the announcement blog post “Year 2 will begin on 20 January 2022 with an exciting roadmap of content”.

So we’ll get the roadmap, plus as you said there will need to be a patch to added the planned content to the game. Plus it will have been almost four months since the last patch with bugfixes - surely they’ve worked on some fixes over the last few months that haven’t been added to the game yet.

5 Likes

If I understand correctly,

• Before January 20th (this includes up to just the day before) :
  • January 20th : start of year 2
  • Spring 2022 :
    • REDACTED, currently thought as the safe house and its related contents (unconfirmed/rumoured)
    • major update (potentially related to the previous point)

I would guess that the Elusive Target Arcade will be the january main content, with no major changes to the rest of the game.
I would also guess reveal the 13th (still count as early january), a week before and on a thursday (the usual day for IO Insiders), or (at best) this week the 6th.

I’m hyped for it, but I’m also prepared to see it “only” having the hitman 3 seven elusive targets at first. (they are the only one used to illustrate it in the announcements, maybe the rest will come after as batches/tracks/playlists, as a way to have sustainable contents in between the larger ones)

8 Likes