Hitman Contracts BETA Images and discussion

Increasing the contrast definitely does provide a more HD look in some areas, I actually tried that a long with a few other adjustments when I was editing a few things. For that Agent 47 texture I just used an AI image enhancer.

1 Like

Are the resolution constraints limitations of the game engine or the editor? Maybe it’s theoretically possible to use higher resolution textures, it’s just that the editor does not allow it.
I can’t imagine that the PS2 uses the same texture resolutions as PC or Xbox, I think the engine should support it.
Maybe @AkaneTutszulor knows the answer…

1 Like

The editor prevents you from doing it, you could replace the texture with literally anything if you could find a way to open the tex file with something other than Glacier Tex. There is likely a reason for it, but yeah Akane is the knowledgeable one. I think if it was possible he would’ve already done something ages ago.

1 Like

I can infuse higher res for you

The game itself has it’s own memory limitations, which is why some textures are already hi res and others aren’t. PS2 era games lacked memory. if you overflow the allowed memory sizes, you will crash and destroy your game :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

That would be great! But on the other hand I know you’re working on other stuff like the KTEnhancer mod, I don’t know how easy making the stuff high-res is.

1 Like

A whole lot of trial and error along with scripting and deconstructing game assets :joy:

When I mod games, I beat them down to a morse code format. from there, I can pretty much modify anything in it

1 Like

I’d imagine finding out how to make the high-res stuff installable would be a problem though, I’m all for high-res stuff, go for it if it isn’t a pain in the ass :laughing:

1 Like

Hi, does anyone know how to change NPC models in mission 2 “Meat King’s Party” like in the beta-version picture?
image_hitman_contracts-232-479_0004 (1)

1 Like

Would it be possible to investigate why Beldingford Manor cannot be completed faster than 2:00? This has bugged me since I started playing this game.

2 Likes

There are 2 contracts prototype from 2004 for ps2

Mar_19,_2004_prototype
Feb_8,_2004_prototype

PS2_-Hitman_Contracts_Preview(1)

PS2_-Hitman_Contracts_Preview(5)

9 Likes

Playing it right now. I’ll list some of the changes I noticed

• First level is called “Sanitarium Aftermath”

• The SWAT Leader is Inspector Bellu, he speaks english and they somehow know I took the outfit from the dead SWAT member lol

• Ort-Meyers body doesn’t have the car key.

• Meat King’s Party is “Slaughterhouse Two”

• Even though the girl is dead, you can hear hear screams cycling near her room.

10 Likes

Belu still has those lines in final, it’s just the raw voice acting in here, they hadn’t edited their audio yet.

The meat king has different dialogue when you go into his room with the chicken. He tells the girls to leave once you press the prompt to give him the chicken, they don’t leave automaticially like in final. It’s also not working yet, you can keep pressing the prompt and he’ll keep repeating that line even though the girls are gone.

The girls also have their less censored textures like on ps3/360, which is more evidence ps3/360 were based on an earlier build.
The guards masks weren’t finished yet. Some of the guests’ heads weren’t finished yet and one of them outside holds a bottle like bm.

I also don’t remember a large enemy type for the orderlies.

4 Likes

Which mission do you mean?

They are in the final version of the game but in your screen they are wider because of the wrong aspect ratio :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

x-tra thic if you ask me.

3 Likes

Hello! I am planning to make re-skin of some NPC models (overhaul retexture-mod), I am using tex.editor. All works fine, but there is one issue: when I change hair color of female in mission Hunter and Hunted - this happens. Does anyone knows what can be an error?
And btw, does anyone knows how to enable stun-gun in all missions? Thx!

2 Likes

You mean this one? It’s in the vanilla game as well. But even if it catches you taking the SWAT outfit, they don’t react.

I figured I’d try and assemble a relatively complete collection of beta images, since I already have to eventually.

I did this on a whim but I still tried to ensure the images were the least compressed, highest quality I could find at the moment with reverse image searches and such. I edited external watermarks out of about half of them (while not actually tampering the original image).

Images

(Another image exists showing this scene from a different angle, but I couldn’t confirm it ever had an IO Interactive watermark, as with some other images.)

what were you smoking IO

(I think I’ve seen one with 47 following the guard down the stairs in the past, don’t know)

I only included images taken by IO Interactive that I could confirm have/had an IO Interactive watermark. I know for sure there are definitely higher quality, differently colored, unwatermarked versions of most of these, I came across some in the past as well, but these are what I could find these past two days. It’s more of a collection of all IO images honestly.

9 Likes

I just recently got the Contracts “iGuide”, there was a section in it that was advertised as “Hitman Gone Wild”: exclusive, racy game content that was cut from the game in order to achieve an “M” rating".

In the PS2 prototype, you can still see the uncensored textures.

PS2 prototype

final

This also explains why the girls in Meat King had to be censored. It seems they also forgot to censor the girls in Hunter and Hunted.

11 Likes

Any Idea if we can download the iso for the prototype?

3 Likes