Hitman Moments In Real Life

How interesting; just last night while playing Contracts Mode, I threw that guy who introduces the winner of the race in Miami, out the window in the bathroom next to the room where he stands while the race is still going on. So I guess 47 is accounted for; he was in Miami.

Good to know that, even though fishy, a fall from a window can still be seen as an “accident.” Guess IOI didn’t make that one too far-fetched.

1 Like

11 Likes

Non-Target Kill on the Isle Of Sgail:

6 Likes

“Well done, initiate”

4 Likes

Potentially, this movie. It reminds me of a certain shady chef…

Young couple Margot (Anya Taylor-Joy) and Tyler (Nicholas Hoult) travel to a remote island to eat at Hawthorne, an exclusive restaurant run by celebrity chef Slowik (Ralph Fiennes), who has prepared a lavish molecular gastronomy menu where food is treated as conceptual art, but his approach to cuisine has some shocking surprises for the wealthy guests.

Avant-garde Danish Polish cuisine, anyone? :cook:

4 Likes

I would expect no less from one of the best villain actors of our time.

2 Likes

I watched ‘Close Encounters of the 5th Kind’ on Amazon Prime… At some point, they show this upside-down pyramid thing with some mountains around it. They weren’t snow-covered but my immediate thought was the (wire suspended) upside-down pyramid where the partners would have their VR(?) meeting. Seeing as how this film was made in 2020 I do have to wonder if someone from IOI wasn’t inspired by (either) this film, or perhaps the story of this event to put something similar in the game (in Hitman 2 - since it had the still images). :thinking: Or is it just a coincidence?

Obviously omitting anything about ETs or UFOs like in the film…

Edit: if anyone is able to watch the film you can see it at 1:20:41.

1 Like

Ok, I have a really good story to share, it’s a good one, but a bit long so bare with me.

So, it was an evening and me and my roomate were having a convo in our dorm room, it was all cool, and then out of nowhere, the room’s air conditioner stopped working, it made a loud sound that reminded me of a cough, we started to see what was the issue and we couldn’t figure out what it was, it just stopped working randomally.

A couple of days later it worked perfectly fine again, so I asked my roommates how they fixed it and what was the issue, a random person, that was standing outside of the dorm room, just went and turned the engine’s compressor all the way around, basically turning the engine off, we don’t know who was it or what was their intentions, and my Hitman brain just thought about the “Turn Off the Engine” distraction from the WOA trilogy, maybe he wanted to lure me out to assassinate me, maybe wanted to assassinate my roomate, who knows? But the bigger question is, who the hell did it and why?

20220916_220146

17 Likes

you win the award for most hitman-irl-situation in this thread because that’s so weird. why on earth would they go out of their way to do that?? that’s kind of unnerving. goes to show how well that distraction works tho

10 Likes
10 Likes

We used to do all sorts of minor anarchy back in college. We’d remove the screws from the light switch and outlet covers, take light bulbs out of their sockets, remove pull chains from ceiling fans, etc…just because we were little gits.

7 Likes

Happy to see that people like this one.

Not sure about that tho, it took us a couple of days to figure it out with the help of someone that knows a bit about ACs, and only then we figured out that someone manually turned the compressor all the way around, the distraction didn’t get us to check the engine outside, but my roommate had a meltdown just because of the thought of sleeping without an AC, it’s pretty damn hot, no AC means sweating while sleeping.

4 Likes

I just logged in into my Disney+ account for first time and these are among the first movies that were recommended to me…

10 Likes

Bloody money anoyne?

16 Likes

Fucking Christ!

4 Likes

This was taken in the Muslim Quarter of Jerusalems old city. Reminds me of a certain H2SA level.

10 Likes

It reminds me of parts of Marrakesh too, even though I know it’s not.

5 Likes

Watch out for the dude with the purple turban…

6 Likes

Yea most of the Muslim quarter felt like the medinah (old city) in Marrakesh. It’s interesting how similar but also how different the 4 quarters were. I expected the buildings to all be newer in the Jewish quarter since they kept being destroyed, but the Christian and Armenian quarters also had their own distinct feel to them.

1 Like

I’m suddenly reminded that in the mid-90s my dad was commissioned by his company to make a scale model of the old city-center of Medina which was then to be plated in gold and sold to pilgrims traveling to the city. I don’t recall ever seeing the finished product but he spent months on it and got access to some very old blueprints of the city.

2 Likes