Hitman Moments In Real Life

Never say never: @Norseman is putting together a Kickstarter even as we speak…

7 Likes

This doesn’t really fit the ‘in real life’ topic, but couldn’t think where else to put it.

Decided to watch ‘The Living Daylights’ for the first time in many years and this scene is just pure “playing Hitman stealthily but it all goes wrong part way through so just wing it” energy. It’s even set in a Dartmoor style stately home :laughing:

1 - enter disguised as milkman
2 - take out the chef using headphones garotte
3 - hide body in freezer
4 - caught by butler
5 - melee ensues, knockout butler with fying pan
6 - attacked by guards when attempting to flee
7 - use explosive milk bottles (new unlock?!) to fight off guards
8 - complete secondary objective; secure evidence tape and burn documents
9 - use explosive milk bottles to create distraction
10 - equip doctor disguise, exit via air ambulance

8 Likes

Snoop Dogg as Mr. Scoop and Emma Watson as Diana Burnwood.

1 Like

Not pictured:
Y - push (eliminate)
Y - loosen plank

This is me, and some non-targets, on the Geierlay Brücke, part of the Geierlayshleife!

7 Likes

Watch out for the militia

4 Likes

And for the loosen planks!

4 Likes

I’ve just seen a sight that reminds me of a certain political rally? :thinking:

12 Likes

21 Likes

That’s what happens when bodyguards don’t feel your meat at checkpoints ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

13 Likes
6 Likes

Okay I’ve got two recent irl hitman moments to tell you.

Recently my neighbors had their water pipes and stuff checked out and after a day of walking i went home.

There was the water companies van (it was also conveniently open) and no joke in the back there was a bundle of workers clothes and a red wrench.
All i needed was the right opportunity and follow the mission story!

On rememberence Sunday i walked past s construction site and naturally thought, “wow, if i was 47 I’d definitely be assassinating a tartet here”, then ironically a Terrance Chesterfield lool alike walked past, started the check a clip board, then smoke near a car!

That’s s mission story if I’ve ever seen one. :joy:

9 Likes

Got another Twitter views image today, it seems similar to something, i just can’t put my finger on it, :thinking:

7 Likes

Watching the world cup in Switzerland. And with every tv-break I’m reminded of Hitman:

10 Likes

This is one good accident kill

12 Likes

Or a good accidental “really aggravate someone” depending on how heavy that star is :joy:

1 Like

Got a weird inquiry from a group called the Prxis Sciety (edit, their website: www.praxissociety.org), had a look at their website and thought it looked super culty (not unusual for me, tbh), but then noticed their rather intimidating-looking investors.

Did a Google and turns out that not only is it real, but they have weird ass secret meet-ups with hoods and city-building. Check the image that comes with this article, seems like it’s right out of Hitman.

5 Likes

The Praxis Society’s chief investor is software mogul, power player and real life Hitman villain Peter Theil, it is his attempt to build a place in the Mediterranean where he can say racial slurs, dodge taxes, barter dodgy crypto and violate finance laws with even more impunity than he does in the US.

6 Likes

He also believes, and this is a direct quote, that funding Hulk Hogan’s lawsuit against Gawker is one of the “greater philanthropic things that I’ve done.”

It was an invasion of privacy suit, and Hulk did win, but Theil had previously been called gay by Gawker so I’m sure that’s the real reason he did it.

2 Likes

Holy shit if the constant was supposed to be Peter Thiel… :grin:

Well it certainly isn’t going to be funding Blake Masters campaign that is for sure…

The actual reason was that Gawker had outed Thiel, it wasn’t that they alleged he is gay or that it was public knowledge at the time, they did commit a major violation of his privacy. But in all honesty he funded that trial to undermine journalism as a profession when it was still in its infancy on the internet. If he truly felt Gawker had violated his privacy then he could have sued them himself. But Thiel is the sort of person who can’t do anything in person, it always has to be from some dinky office where he just funnels money to psychos to do his bidding.

Thiel also spends his money trying to develop seasteads (which is basically Rapture but on the water and not under it), life extension therapies (because that isn’t creepy) and AI research (because that also isn’t creepy).

If anyone reading wants to know more about why this guy is just the worst there here is a comprehensive video by Some More News about the political ramifications Thiel has engaged in.

2 Likes