HITMAN VR (Discussion)

Well shit I’ll ask you, when you’re listed on the leaderboard is there a “VR” icon or something with your username that distinguishes you from regular (non-VR) players?

1 Like

I’ll get back to you with a good answer… let me complete something tonight (like an escalation, look at my score and see if it’s marked).

2 Likes

I have seen VR icons on the leaderboards for people that have completed something in VR. This is on PlayStation, not PC, but I can’t imagine why PC would be any different.

2 Likes

I tried to do a fast ET to get a better score and can confirm it shows the VR icon:

My run of ‘The Priest’ wasn’t deliberately planned or rehearsed so I was pleasantly surprised when I found him open for a lethal syringe opportunity.

(In VR you can syringe folks who are sitting down)

6 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation!

2 Likes

Just got my Oculus Quest 2 today and managed to connect to my PC via Airlink to play H3 PCVR.

In-fucking-sane. Can’t see how I’ll ever be able to complete a mission in this mode as I’m initially finding the controls super tricky (maybe due to being new to VR?), but who fucking cares? I’ve had a wander around the streets in Sapienza and I’ve chilled out on a sunlounger on Haven Island: living the actual dream!

12 Likes

It feels amazing when you get to step into the world of a game you’ve played for years. Experiencing it all of over again in new ways is pure joy (and gets better as you get better with the controls).

I looked at my save files yesterday and the last time I didn’t play VR was in July.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Has anyone else (using Oculus Quest, at least - but maybe other headsets too?) been unable to exit Mendoza/The Farewell via the Tango exit because although Diana moves to the centre of the dancefloor once Yates and Vidal are dead (and even holds out her hand/greets 47) there is no button prompt available?

Trying to gauge whether this needs reporting as a bug.

Played on Oculus Rift S and it worked.

I don’t think that a different VR headset can cause a bug like this. I suppose that the game didn’t load correctly. Also, for what I know, when you play with Oculus Quest 2 on PC, you use the same software that rift users have.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. :+1: Will have to have another attempt at some point and see whether that was just a one-off.

1 Like

General Sam made video commenting on VR and other issues with Steam relase of Hitman.

5 Likes

It has just come to my attention that whenever the PSVR2 comes out, it’s possible the PS5 version might get access to VR, if IOI decides to add it in an update.

Right now, still, it seems the PS5 version doesn’t have VR support, and people who want to play it need to do it through the PS4 version.
Adding it in when the new controllers and using the two-handed control scheme when it comes out might be a nice treat for people… if that’s in the cards at all, anyway.

4 Likes

It’s a shame that the PC version of the VR mode has been so poorly received. I’ve loved it on PSVR for over a year now, and was hoping that the PC release would have generated a lot more buzz about contracts mode support.

Would really love that some day.

1 Like

Agreed! It took a while to get good on PSVR, but I love it.

I would still love to play the Bonus missions in VR, but looks like it’s unlikely for console.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing the “choke NPC into the heavens” bug. :laughing:
My People Need Me!

Why can’t we play contracts or escalations in VR mode?

2 Likes

Necromancing this thread real quick to address a topic on VR I’m excited about.

Saw this video recently on how games are excellent at portraying scale, especially in the VR space.

I’ve never owned a VR headset, only ever tried one out 5(?) years ago at an arcade, hope to one day get one in the future, far future probably.

And this video is also partially why it’d be real cool to have one. Just experiencing your scale in relation to the game world.

And I’m not even talking about anything other than normal scale. I’d be hyped just to play Hitman VR.
I’ve heard and seen the degredation of texture quality when it comes to the VR mode, sure, but I’m also sure it is awesome seeing the levels up-close, as a human-scale participant, instead of a third-person camera suspended 8-feet in the air.

So, yeah, Hitman VR may not have been perfect or executed in the best way, but – as someone outside the bubble, looking in – the immerssion into the levels and locales themselves must be cool, and that’s got me so interested in it.

5 Likes

I can personally attest that at first seeing it all in VR is stunning but the actual gameplay is infuriatingly unintuitive and janky

6 Likes

So I’ve just been watching Kevin play VR in hitman and thought it was super fun so I’ve decided to buy a Vr in order to play about with it myself however I have no idea what content you get on it apart from the main missions is there anything else you can play like ETA and bonus missions