May Roadmap Discussion

How do you know that?

Rumor has it heā€™s a top-top secret employee of IOI

1 Like

the real question is when is raytracing finally coming? i still remember when the game released in 2021 that raytracing would have come in the summer :rofl:

1 Like

I think BernardoOne was referring to this blog post from November 23, 2020, which says:

On top of that, we will also implement Ray Tracing after the launch of the game, later in 2021.

Which obviously never happened and eventually got pushed to 2022.

4 Likes

Wasnā€™t there something in regards to raytracing and sound?

Well, thatā€™s getting off topic, but it seems like I recall them talking about that. They showed 2 examples of 47 firing a shotgun in Alma Reynards house. One was without raytraced sound, the other with. It had mostly to do with Reverb and the space you were in.

Unless Iā€™m mistaken. :confused:

1 Like

I think that was for something near the end of Hitman 2. It wasnā€™t raytraced lighting though, just sound.

1 Like

HITMAN 3 for PC players with 8+ core CPUs (will) be able to spot more crowds in Dubai or experience more complex destructibility in Dartmoor.

I remember seeing an ioi made video of 47 going crazy with a shotgun in Dartmoor destroying bookshelves in a study inside the manor. Can anyone on PC that meet the specs confirm this is actually a thing, or was all that delayed as well!? Never seen any user videos of either of those things.

1 Like

Is this what youā€™re talking about? Itā€™s been there since launch in 2021 based on the date on this video.

5 Likes

Yeah! Not the specific video but I guess it has been implemented. Thanks.

Iā€™m just going through that blog post list seeing if Ray Tracing was the only thing left out so far.

Itā€™s a thing, but only in the benchmark version. In the proper mission version, the bookshelves and such are static.

3 Likes

Sadly no, itā€™s for whatever reason a benchmark only thing, which makes no sense whatsoever, because that fact means the benchmark is actually completely useless as a, well, benchmark :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a mod to restore those, however HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread - #64 by Duckilous

1 Like

I know this is unlikely but maybe we hear something tomorrow about May roadmap or Freelancer. Or during next week.

1 Like

Hopefully thatā€™s the case. The timing is right, for certain.

1 Like

Worst case scenario: Freelancer delayed until summer and Rocky pushed to early 2023.

1 Like

Hooray! Year 3 content confirmed!

Seriously though, I highly doubt thatā€™s going to happen. In January, we got actual footage of a (what I assume is) a fully textured part of the map. That had to have been good news that progress on it was moving along nicely.

Last time we got a tease (sort of) like that, was with The Bank briefly appearing at the end of an IOI stream. The release date was then announced a month later. This is entirely why Iā€™m thinking the map might be out by mid-this-year, but thatā€™s pure speculation.

2 Likes

I dont expect anything
I dissapointed too much this yearšŸ˜‚

Thatā€™d make sense, it gives them time to polish the map.

They canā€™t even be bothered to remove the March road map from the main menu in the game. IO has gone silent the last few months. Expect delays and even cancelations for all that they have announced. And Iā€™m totally expecting escalations to be implemented in any ā€œnew contentā€ in some form. Sad.

The roadmap isnā€™t wrong, that content is out.

Itā€™s just not current, but that shouldnā€™t be a reason to leave it blank. It helps fill in the gaps of new content for someone who might not have played since February.