May Roadmap (Year 2)

Apologies for digging up an old thread, but I wanted to add some detail to this from the May Roadmap. I wasn’t around at the time it was released, but I played a big part in these ‘reactivated’ ET’s being included in the May Roadmap; so here’s the logic. (I’m not sure if it was covered elsewhere, but I’m keen on explaining why we do some of the things that might not seem to make sense. I can assure you that it’s about making the best of a situation with little room to manoeuvre.)

So, here’s how it played out: As the blog post said, we were planning a patch in April, but it was shifted to later in May. We also need a patch to introduce the #2 ET’s. So, that meant we basically had zero content available for May until the patch arrived on May 24. The only thing that we possibly had in the bank - and which could be done without disrupting all of our recently-shifted production timelines - was to add in the reactivated ET’s, sort of like a bonus on top of the Featured Contracts.

These ET’s were already ‘in the game’ so didn’t require a patch or any QA work, which meant it was just a case of turning on the clock for them to come back.

I pushed for it to be done and chose some that had not yet had an #2 version and were not planned to have one either (spoiler alert), so that would minimise some of the confusion.

Of course, we thought about how it would add some confusion that we threw these in - BUT we sided with making them available for new players that hadn’t played them and anyone that might have missed them. It was a case of making the month’s content as attractive as possible and giving some players a bit more content versus not having them at all and relying on back-to-back-to-back Featured Contracts.

Again, hope that helps give some insights into the process and the calls I was making on the back-end a few months back.

23 Likes