Official PC Location Importing Guide

The way I´m reading and understanding the instructions is that I can claim my H2 locations from Steam H2 only once, so if I do it now to H3 on Epic, I won´t be able to import H2 locations next year from Steam to Steam, but will have to / be able to import them from Epic H3 to Steam H3…

Am I understanding this correctly, or does it work differently? @Kent I know you imported them anyways, but did you happen to get a response to your initial question on that matter? (I don´t see it anywhere around here, so I´m guessing not?)

1 Like

Nope. No response given.

Oh well, guess I´ll just have to risk it…

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: H3 Pre-Launch Guide (Progression Carryover)

Im also having that issue aswell. Anyone found a fix so far ?

(Not able to unlock H2 access despite owning it on steam and having my IOI, Steam and EGS accounts all linked and refreshed)

The thread you replied to is supposed to be the fix for all issues regarding PC location import. Have you already followed the steps written on the original post? if you did and none of the fixes worked, I’d suggest you post some screenshots, like some proof of your ownership of H2 on steam, and screenshots of being unable to claim the access pass in your game.

Don’t seem to have seen someone with my exact issue so far. I’m trying to import my steam Hitman 2 into the Hitman 3 free starter pack. My steam account is linked on the ioi website but I can’t login through epic, it always returns me to this page here (I deleted cookies and tried to repeat the process but ended up with the same results). There’s nothing in my emails to confirm through either.

Less than an hour after I conducted the progress carryover and imported the locations, the game crashed and I couldn’t log back in. Nothing happened when I pressed the Play button. I tried to uninstall it but now I can’t reinstall it even when I enter my PIN number.

This is ridiculous.

EDIT: Reinstalled it, but I still can’t play. It only directs me to the Epic Games store.

Strange.
I suggest you to open a support ticket in HITMAN 3 Player Support Hub for further assistance directly from IOI

1 Like

This carryover fucking ruined everything. I can’t play this game even when I uninstalled everything. There were 3 whole seasons ahead, of elusive targets, and I’ll never get to play any one of them.

Did you link to the IO account you used before you uninstalled the game?

When Hitman 3 gets on Steam eventually, will I have to buy it again, or transfer it or something?

Nothing is known about Steam.

I think your issue with Epic Games is fixable but you seem to have given up. :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to fix it for the past 2 days with no luck. Maybe I just moved to the acceptance phase.

Possibly related, I found the Cowboy, Raven and Clown suits in my inventory despite never buying them and my Steam and Epic account usernames are different.

Could they have assumed that I was under a different identity or was a hacker or was pirating it?

Those are all part of the Hitman 1 Access Pass. Everyone gets them, no matter which version of H1 they had.

1 Like

I also found a Feather Duster in my inventory planning menu. I achieved max progress in all of the H3 levels (before the carryover of course) and have never unlocked this. I think my game itself may be corrupted.

The Feather Duster is now part of the Isle of Sgail mastery unlocks. If I remember correctly it used to be in the Butler (?) challenge pack, but those aren’t in the game anymore.

3 Likes

I’m back in. The Once and Future Queen.

1 Like

What was the issue in the end?

I needed to uninstall and reinstall Epic Games store, run it as an administrator and uninstall and reinstall Hitman 3.

Unfortunately, when I restarted, I returned to my “redirects back to Epic Games Store” problem, so I guess I’m going to need to repeat the whole process again every time I want to play. I think I’ll just play every time an ET comes by.