Preload Times For HITMAN 3

Damn, I really do hope that EGS does has a Preload later, so it seems grim. If it really doesn’t have one, I’ll have to disapear from the Forum for a few Days :sweat_smile:

what do u mean, it kinda preloaded today but it broke a bit. i think they’ll try again tomorrow

Really? Must’ve missed that, since there was Nothing when I came Home in the Evening. Hope it works then.

47 will take care of that typo.

@Travis_IOI Is there a reason why the game unlock counter on PS4 is different to the counter from the same PSN account on PS5?

For reference, I took these two screenshots on 21/01/2021 at 11:40:56AM (PS4) and 11:41:12AM (PS5). I’m in New Zealand and the PS5 timer is counting down to midnight local time on 20/01/2021, while the PS4 timer is counting down to 2AM on 21/01/2021. Both consoles are also set to the correct timezones.

There was a point in time where the two timers were in sync with each other and my PS4 previously said that pre-load would be available on 18/01/2021, but since the countdown has changed, this has now changed to 19/01/2021 (which isn’t in the screenshot since I disabled the PS4 pre-load since I’ve got the PS5). So this issue also appears it will affect pre-loading too as the PS4 allows pre-loading once the timer gets to 48 hours.

@ZeroGravitas also reported that their PS4 timer is counting down to 8AM on the 20th in the EST timezone, which is 2AM on 21/01/2021 in NZ and is what my console is counting down to.

This won’t be an issue for me since I’ll download the PS5 Upgrade and play on the PS5 console which will unlock correctly, but thought it was worth raising to you for people that will be playing on a PS4. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m in Korea and pre-loaded yesterday (1/12) on my Xbox.

hitmanegs

My deluxe edition on Epic Store only shows “Unavailable” on library. No preload nor individual missions that I can find.

sometime this week maybe

Hopefully! I’m not in a hurry or anything, just found strange that other people seem to have more menu options currently.

This is now official:

Pre-load
It will be possible to pre-load HITMAN 3 on PlayStation and Xbox platforms. Make sure that you’ve configured your console to do that and the downloads will begin when they have been prepared and certified. On PC, there won’t be a pre-load option for HITMAN 3 and downloads will begin at the above release time.

(For PS4 and PS5 owners in Asia, please note that HITMAN 3 will not be available for pre-order or pre-load. This is due to recent changes in the age ratings systems in those regions. HITMAN 3 will be available for purchase at the above time.)

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

7 Likes

Damn… Hopefully the servers don’t have a meltdown from mass-connections worldwide at once.

I’ve had the placeholder game file for a while, will be good to get the rest - thanks for the heads up!

That’s a read if I do say so myself.

Whatever you say Series X…

2 Likes

The clowns keep insisting on using servers for a singleplayer game, they better be able to handle the goddamn player counts day one. We’ve had 2 generations now of dedicated servers and “power of the cloud” while we watch the servers for every major release crash and burn on release day. It’s getting old.

p.s. I looked on Xbox.com and it lists the individual locations like the previous games but we can only preload the base game not those extra location files (or legacy packs). Bullshit.

1 Like

You have to redeem access to old locations within HITMAN 3 to have access to them.
Before you do that, system doesn’t know if you’re eligible to download them.
It’s how I understand the situation, and I might be wrong, so don’t take it as a truth in first instance

1 Like

Yeah, but like I said the locations for H3 appear to have separate files too according to the way Xbox.com lists the content included. I seem to remember H2 having this same problem .We preloaded the base game then had to download another 30 gig day one because we didn’t get to preload those files.

Everything (including legacy levels) is in the base game. Levels don’t download individually. Those separate location listings are, I think, just the keys that unlock your access to those levels and are of minimal size.

3 Likes

Yeah I saw that the other day. Today I decided to pre order, but the offer has disappeared on the Rewards app. Hopefully its back on the app before launch.

So, Preload for PS4 version starts exactly 48 hours before the Countdown reaches zero? or it starts at 18th midnight?
anyone know anything about this works?