PS4 server issues: Will you get a refund?

I guess it’s just a hit or miss for a lot of people it seems

1 Like

In terms of bugs, I’ve had corrupted saves, and issues with mission stories and achievements, but the connection has been fairly solid.

1 Like

I’ve now requested a refund. I’ll be back in a few weeks/months when the game is finished and it’s on sale.

3 Likes

It doesn’t make a difference. I bought it on release day and now we can suffer in each other’s arms. :joy:

2 Likes

Good for you. Its been 4 days now and I still can’t play online. Guess I’ll check in 6 months
@Travis_IOI is there an ETA?

3 Likes

I learned my lesson though. No more pre-orders.
Its not needed as new games don’t go out of stock

4 Likes

You might permanently lose access to the pre-order bonuses, but you probably don’t care about those.
If they have been assigned to your IOI account, then you might not lose them.

@Travis_IOI Can you confirm?

Still cannot connect… has anyone (who wasn’t able to connect since launch) had success today? Particularly those who have submitted that their progress be carried over from HM2?

2 Likes

Sadly no. I must have pressed the connect button about 500 times (no exaggeration) over about 10 different sessions but no luck at all since day of release. I was really looking forward to playing this game this weekend and it looks like that isn’t going to happen now sadly.

4 Likes

Come on… no need to do that to yourself. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re working on it. Give them some space to work. Don’t crowd the surgeon! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah but it was always thus. Any PreOrder of any kind needs to be assessed if it is worth some kind of specific value.

Otherwise it makes no real difference.

Still can’t connect.

But they didn’t verbally confirm that they are aware of the “server failed to fetch profile information” error until today towards the end of what I assume is their working hours. and it’s currently like 3 AM their time so there is no way anyone is there working on these errors. So my hope is that they can figure it out tomorrow (given they work on weekends, if not then on Monday).

Been trying on and off, still nothing. I’ve been playing on my alternate account which has no issues (for now) :roll_eyes:

If this stretches to a week (or more), then I hope they offer refunds in good faith. With many unable to play since launch, simply having the option would go a long way to appease the current levels of frustration directed at both IOI and the game itself. Not that people would have to take it necessarily, but at least the option would be there for people to have their money back in hand while waiting for a fix.

1 Like

To be honest, I can see this extending to a week or more.

3 Likes

So @Travis_IOI should I go get a refund because I have a 5 day return period, or should I keep the game if you’ll have it fixed?
We need assurances, not just “we’re looking into it”

1 Like

I downloaded the H1 and H2 access passes, but still can’t connect to the Hitman servers.

As people have told you countless times, either get a refund or wait and don’t. It’s as simple as that.

A post was merged into an existing topic: IO imposing posts

It may be different in other territories, but when I spoke to Sony Canada last night they told me that they cannot do a refund unless instructed to do so from IOI. I explained the whole thing and the agent actually agreed with the nonsense, but nevertheless was unable to authorize a refund. As of last night I didn’t feel it was necessary to escalate it further, but at least I know it will be an uphill battle.

1 Like