PS4 server issues: Will you get a refund?

Thanks Andreas! I will try this

I called him out in the support thread. Aside from being a nonsense fix, he has apparently been banned in the past in the old forum for impersonating IOI.

1 Like

Its a troll account. Creating a new psn account and starting from scratch works but its in no way an acceptable solution

Wait really? That was an impostor? Lol I just created a new PSN

That was a decent effort trolling. I’ll give you that.

Absolutely. I referred to it as a “Band-Aid solution” in the other thread which was also a huge tip off that he wasn’t from IOI. Plus some have already tried that with varying degrees of success, and we shouldn’t have to do that to play the game without our progress anyways.

A bit like calling the HVAC guy to come fix your furnace and he tells you to just build a fire to stay warm.

It should be absolutely clear to anyone that imposing Io staff on fixing issues is a reason to be banned without warning. People attempting solutions in believe they are official could make the situation worse. The situation could put players in a state that is even harder to fix, and IO would be blamed for that.

Pretending to be a representative of a company is illegal in many states by the way.

You will not be allowed to evade your ban. The only thing you are allowed to do is to create an account solely to talk to forum staff in private messages. For that you can reply to the one that you are receiving automatically on registration.

How many threads, accounts, messages, complaints and shouts are you gonna post, whoever you are? Stop being a bitch and complaining. Have some patience. Demand what’s right for you in a normal, educated manner. Don’t come here looking entitled and uncivilized. Jesus christ.

Today is the 23rd still can’t get online once.
Ps4 USA pre order

Great, so upon reaching the 2nd mission, i started exploring straight away and wearing as many different disguises as possible to fill up my challenges, then halfway through, everythin resets.
Now im stuck at 7/11 disguises, and 12/22 locations which I cannot seem to overwrite anymore to at least try and start over.
On top of it all, cant finish the mission as i lose connection to the server RIGHT as i exit the mission.
Broken is an understatement.
GET RID OF THIS STUPID ONLINE COMPONENT IN A SINGLE PLAYER GAME PLEASE! It makes no sense and is infuruating.
This is exatly why i had dropped hitman 2 at launch !!

1 Like

I really need to know if there is any difference between “Failed to fetch profile information” and “Failed to fetch online resources”
They only talked about the first one
But, my problem is the second one and I’m getting worried that even if the problem will be fixed in a few days. I still won’t be able to connect because I’m getting a different error

2 Likes

Now I feel embarrassed, thinking there wasn’t any reason besides easier implementation of online features like contracts. However, I would hope for them to remove this at the end of H3 life cycle. I think by then they would be finished with using this cloud environment for the benefit of future development in case of H3.

1 Like

I’m currently trying this on my PS5. Deleted the entire thing, including saves and DLC, cleared system cache (unplugged the ps5 for a few minutes after shutting it down) and I’m reinstalling now. I tried with no DLC installed, and just the “play now” portion downloaded, and I no longer get the profile error, but “failed to fetch online content”

Waiting for my download to finish and I’ll test again, but it’s not looking great so far

2 Likes

Appreciate the suggestion, but I’m one of the folks who wait for the steam release :stuck_out_tongue:.
I was just overly disappointed with always online so I went to see how other people are feeling over it.

1 Like

Update.

After doing all of the above, including wiping all cloud save data as well, I’m still having the same profile fetching issue as before. Seems this is a PC only fix as it stands. Only other thing I could think may fix it is a complete PS5 system reset and reinstall, and I CBA to do all that.

Edit 2: I have tried redoing this again while also restoring my PS5 licenses prior to (and after) launching the game, and it still doesn’t work.

1 Like

I think that the always online requirement is here to stay as one of the possible means for developers to ensure success in publishing their video game.

In the old days, the developer would send the final disk copies of video games for sale, e.g. Hitman Absolution, only to find out after release, that there were aspects of the game that many players really didn’t like, which the developer wished that they knew before final release.

Newer video games cost millions of dollars and years of development, and developers need a way to increase the likelihood of success of their game in development, as early as possible. What game developers need is a rapid feedback loop between player feedback QA testing and developer iteration during the game development.

This can be done through:

a) Steam early access, where you put an unfinished alpha build for purchase online, where beta testers know that they buying an unfinished product;

b) You can be a AAA developer and put out what they state is a finished product knowing it is unfinished product and/or buggy mess (No Man’s Sky, Anthem, FallOut 76, Cyberpunk2077) with expectations of a post-launch period to patch over and fix the game.

or:

c) You have an always online, “Games as a Service” product which creates a near seamless, rapid feedback loop between customer and creator.

Basically, Hitman 3 is a upgraded package of puzzles, developed out of iteration of player feedback from their previous Hitman games.

Has anyone gotten a refund on playstation after downloading and starting the game?. I got the connections problem but i downloaded and opened the game. I wish to get a refund.

They won’t refund if it’s been downloaded. I confirmed this with a Sony rep last night.

You won’t get a refund. Sony are very adamant about this - Cyberpunk 2077 was a very rare exception.

Oh ok thanks. I hope the fix it soon then. Also the times i habe been able to log i have had some game freezes thats forced me to hard close the game.