šŸ—£ Sessions with Lafayette - Serious Issues Thread

Mate, if you ask her out there then there will only be two answers

1. yes
  2. no
    And from what your saying she sounds really nice and Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll understand if she does day no and youā€™ll still be friends im sure.
    Just remember that if you dont ask you donā€™t get a answer eh?
    Have a good one
5 Likes

It seems there is not a ā€œnatural pathā€ for friendships and relationships. You can be close friends for a decade and suddenly develop other feelings. You can be married for a decade but it changes to a deep friendship while romantic feelings fade.
Anything is possible. If you wonder this could become a relationship and you would be in for that, I think it is worth to ask her what she thinks. And if she says no, it is no roadblock for the friendship you had so far (as far I understand your feelings in the few posts).

13 Likes

Haha guess thatā€™s true. You can always rely on me to make a simple dilemma way too complicated. Sometimes I wish the brain had an on/off switch lol.

3 Likes

Youā€™re gotten one thing wrong there mate, it ainā€™t simple, for one you first need to gain enough courage and might to be able to ask in the first place and to accept your fate. Good luck whatever your path youā€™ve chosen

1 Like

as a stupid cunt that has ā€œfallen in love with friendsā€ thrice now, I can tell from my own experience its a proper delusion based on infatuation and admiration of said friend. all ye need is a good old couple of months and youll see it was nothing more than a momentary lapse.

and no, i never confessed to any of these friends, i developed the feelings, realized they were overblown ideas in a lonely mind and corrected myself back into the friendship mindset

4 Likes

I didnā€™t ask the question, but this is something I really needed to hear.

8 Likes

My ADHD and autism is kicking in bad and itā€™s fucking up my writing hobby. I keep writing a paragraph or so and then delete it because it all sounds weird to me or not the exact way I planned it in my head. I hate this and I know I need to discipline myself but I really just want to bash my head into the wall and die. I canā€™t finish anything.

6 Likes

Well, what i normally do is take 5 (or 20!) qland chill out to some banging classical music (whatever you want) to calm myself to try again.

The next step is to just read the text as though you are a very dumb 5 year old and say to yourself "could i understand this? " if so, great! If not, save it in case you need it as a last resort backup, then try and rephrase it to sound as friendly as possible to all type of people.

If all else fails depending what it is, ask for help whether from your peers, your family etc

Ohh, and most importantly, try to remember that it doesnā€™t matter if it sounds weird or something because YOU made it and so it shall be great none the less.

Have a great one, my rock loving friend

3 Likes

Cried at work today :pensive:

I was feeling fine I guess most of my shift, but when I got my sandwich out and sat down for lunch break tears just started coming out of my eyes.

I dunno. Today was only a bit more busy than Monday was, where I did hot bar a lot. But today I was shifted between like 3 different stations pretty quickly, and also messed up a few things (used the wrong milk, so had to remake a drink; forgot to note certain drinks as ā€˜icedā€™ at the till, so they took longer to make with the mix-up)
Guess some part of me just really didnā€™t like that. I didnā€™t mean to get all sad and overwhelmed.

I talked with my shift and store manager and they were understanding about it. Let me take my time where I needed and tap out for a minute if I needed it too (I didnā€™t later). But apparently Starbucks is notorious for being a very stressful job ā€“ especially at the start ā€“ and feeling overwhelmed like this is ā€œnormalā€
ā€¦great?

So yeah :disappointed:

18 Likes

Iā€™m sad to hear that you had such a stressful day today and I hope you were able to rest a little after work :pray:

I guess such jobs require a certain routine, you know what I mean? I believe after a while you will have all these processes in your head and it will be easier for you.

I wish you all the strength to stay strong and be kind to yourself. Itā€™s okay to feel overwhelmed and stressed sometimes and itā€™s okay to cry :heart:

11 Likes

Thank you. I had a little bit of a nap when I got home (Iā€™ve actually been doing that a lot since the start of the month) had a proper lunch and relaxed with some TV, which helped.

I guess Iā€™m just doubting myself a lot and putting a lot of pressure on myself when I donā€™t realise it. Especially when people around me are so good at it already, and also pushing me a bit to get into that routine as well.
I feel like a broken record, but it really is a lot, and thatā€™s whatā€™s getting me down.

10 Likes

@TheChicken I hope youā€™re feeling better today. Sadly, alot of retail jobs like to throw their new recruits in the deep end quite quickly, and expect everyone to carry a heavy workload.Youā€™re definetly not alone in this, I had a few cases of feeling awful after going through a busy shift, even if it was only 4 hours long. But you will definetly get better with more practice, and especially once you feel nice and familar in the store that you work at. Itā€™s surprising how much it can help when you treat the store like a second home, which you feel comfortable in.

Hopefully you should have some more confidence in yourself once youā€™ve gotten in some proper experience and start to get a real handle on everything.

11 Likes

Thanks for the advice. The feeling sucks, but I guess I do have to live with it until I can get better at everything and get used to the pace at work. How Iā€™m feeling really depends on the day and how ā€œwellā€ I feel I did.

Also earning money is nice. Itā€™s a decent pay that pops up in my account every 2 weeks or so.
Numbers go up yay

Iā€™ve been having short 1-1.5 hour naps nearly every day coming back from it, no matter the length.

• Part of that is probably the bit of sleep deprivation Iā€™m putting myself through every night beforehand ā€“ the stress of anticipation makes me less excited about getting sleep earlier.
  • The other part of that is definitely the internal stress and tension I keep within myself throughout the day, that I can finally relax after it all.
    • They always want you moving, doing something, to keep things well-stocked and flowing nicely. Though when Iā€™m not doing that, in brief moments where no oneā€™s walked through the door, Iā€™m getting a bit stressed about what I could be doing that Iā€™m not. Sometimes the list of options is too much to parse in my little confused head.

During the summer, my sister got a job as a counselor at a Bicycling summer camp. Nearly every day sheā€™d come home all hot and tired (makes sense, since it was sweltering) and usually napped on the couch.
I didnā€™t understand it then, but I do nowā€¦

6 Likes

Usually I can use games, art, or HMF to distract from lousy feelings but due to heavy classwork, I have hardly been able to partake in those at all. Itā€™s made me ruminate on things. Last week I was all set to take the official road test to obtain a license andā€¦the car we have doesnā€™t meet DMV specifications. At least I know how to drive now. But I cannot reschedule it until 2 weeks later, and the most recent time slot for now is in November. Looks like my road test will be pushed til next year. On top of that, I am in an art class where students are divided into groups, and must collaborate to pitch an idea for an animated short. My group had 2 ideas. My pitch idea was planned out to a T, was feasible for the 3 of us, and inventive. Yet, thatā€™s where the problem lied. It was too ā€˜exactā€™ in its description. I noticed a pattern in class for the voted on pitches: the chosen pitches were all vague and thatā€™s why people liked them. They could project onto them. I canā€™t say it didnā€™t sting when only 1 hand raised to vote for my objectively better/challenging idea. The professor even promoted the other idea, when in private he told our group that my idea was more opportune for creativity. This same professor also shouts everything and does not really listen to me either when I raise my hand in class so overallā€¦not having a great time there. Many things seem to disappoint lately, especially when I try my hardest to succeed. It all feels dark.

Drawing that Freelancer art today was honestly the one good thing that has happened to me in all this as small as that sounds (even if it looked kind of shit imo). Thanks for reading

15 Likes

V1deost, Iā€™m really sorry youā€™re down in the dumps because of all that. Itā€™s pretty shitty to hear that you poured your heart into this but ended up being too specific that people wanted more wiggle room instead.

Iā€™m not sure what advice I could give, but maybe try to find more specificity in whatever topic youā€™ve got chosen now? If itā€™s vague or too open-ended to your liking, see if you can collaborate with your team to find some key points youā€™d want to focus on to get it back on track to something concrete and interesting for yourself.

And that recent art post you made was great! I didnā€™t think it was bad in the slightest! Love the tilt-shift/blur effect of the background, and how 3D it looks. The angle of 47 is also very rad, almost cool-anime-like. Great Freelancer stuff, keep at it!

10 Likes

Making it more specific is a good idea. Itā€™s kind of the goal of our meeting today, actually (funnily enough, Iā€™m the one having to initiate meetings when itā€™s not even my ideaā€¦hmm). itā€™s going to be tough, given that the person who came up with this idea is not really applying themself (nicest way to put it), but hopefully progress is made in the right direction today.

And thank you very much Chicken :slight_smile: I canā€™t stop seeing perspective errors all over the place with it, but that really does mean a lot to hear it.

Hope you have a good day, the advice is appreciated

9 Likes

I have slumps with my writing hobby and I completely relate to this. Iā€™m sorry I canā€™t give advice as I am still trying to figure out how to not let things like my ADHD get in the way of my hobby, but stay strong. Youā€™re a wonderful artist and never feel bad if you feel like you need to take a break for a bit.

8 Likes

as a person who also has adhd and constantly having to take pills, I feel you, school for me is a massive pain in the ass, with constant heaps of homework and shit even worse. Hope you can recover man.

4 Likes

You can say that again! :joy:

With the threat ofā€¦ Nuclear war? Iā€™m not sure how realistic such a thing is, but I suppose itā€™s not impossible. I have 0 faith in my government, and Iā€™m not sure why they (or whoeverā€™s really in control) have/has such a raging boner for war (even back before 2016). I donā€™t have a lot of hope for the economy either. Seems like prices of things in the store creep up a little week by week. Perhaps the price of gas not being through the roof (which leverages the price of ALL goods that are delivered to stores) is why things are not insanely overpricedā€¦ Yet. The inflation bubble has to pop eventually. Then everything will turn to :poop: .

It seems like my first thought after waking up is how deafeningly quiet it is, even when going outside. Maybe thatā€™s the calm before the storm.

Anyway, this all has me feeling rather uneasy lately. My anxiety was especially high back in July. If the US or the World experiences something really badā€¦ I guess the only silver lining is that weā€™ll all be in it together. Hopefully humanity can help each other and not turn into a dystopian nightmareā€¦

Disclaimer: I can imagine things Iā€™ve mentioned here could get into politics. Thatā€™s not the intention, so donā€™t even bother. I guess send positive vibes/thoughts/prayers, etc. All that good stuff. Thanks.

10 Likes