šŸ—£ Sessions with Lafayette - Serious Issues Thread

I feel the same way at times and I am not on any meds. They are very sucky thoughts to have and that is precisely why I never entertain them.

And that is precisely why you should do all of those things and dot them more that you do now. If all you ever did was maintain the same old you that makes you unhappy then you will make yourself unhappy. If all you ever did was avoid the public then all you will ever feel is an aversion to the public.

It will probably be hard, harder than anything in your life so far and maybe harder than what comes after especially if you fail. But every time it feels hard just ask yourself: ā€œIs the person I really want to be a diabetic?ā€ You and I know the answer to that my friend.

5 Likes

Thanks @Accidental_Kills98, I appreciate the kind words. I’m going to bed now, and sleep on them. I plan to call the surgery in the morning and see if I can book an appointment. Hope you’re doing well yourself.

5 Likes

I am well enough, I take each day as a plane lands.

Any one I walk away from is a good one.

5 Likes

You HAVE talent. You ARE a good person. Thanks again for helping me with that one thing.

As to the way your autism and drugs work, I can’t help. TALK TO YOUR MED PSYCH. I don’t know how it works in the UK but in the US you have talk therapy with a non MD who then talks to your psychiatrist once a quarter about your meds. You also talk once a quarter. Here all you have to do is email you Pysch and they will converse with you. Talk to them! I’m not taking anything away from your therapist but the psychiatrist is a fucking doctor. Talk to them too. They are all real people. They will help you.

Hang in there SILVER! You’ll be ok.

9 Likes

Thanks @Yacob, I really appreciate it.

6 Likes

Today a drunk driver hit three cars in front of my house.

Two of my neighbors and me.

Fortunately for my neighbors they didn’t get the worst of it.

For me the left-most part of my bumper is hanging loose now and there’s other debris from my car that I have no clue where it belongs.

Most likely gonna be making a claim through the woman’s insurance provider so that I can get the body-shop repairs covered for whatever it takes to fix it. Just waiting to get the police report.

In the meantime some temporary ingenuity.

16 Likes

Oh man! I’m glad you weren’t in the car. See if her coverage includes a rental for you. If not perhaps yours does even if the main claim for repairs is through hers.

9 Likes

Got another job, this time part-time as a barista caterer. They stuck me in an office and I ground the beans and brewed coffee for few hours. Earned $45. First job I wasn’t unceremoniously fired from, not bad.

11 Likes

Funny enough I started a new job this week too, currently in training, salesman for the SAT-like course I actually took myself.
There are ups and downs because in training it’s mostly measuring us for every answer but yeah, fun.

True advice, it’s a part time job and you’ll probably move on to something better so just try to have fun and not to get fired.

9 Likes

First time posting here. I hope that’s okay.

My cat is dying.

Unfortunately, he has had a large tumour on his neck for the last few months and because of our financial situation (my parents are pensioners in the UK and do not get much from their pension, nor do they really take care of their finances that well), we were avoiding a large sum of treatments because just going there sets you back at least Ā£100, and then apparently its an additional Ā£80 for the needle biopsy to see if the tumour is cancerous. Who knows what other costs there are (including that of the lethal injection to put him down)? It has become clear that it is indeed cancerous as it has rapidly spread to his whole neck in just under a day. There was a lot of mess because he tried to itch it away but that went as badly as you imagine it could have done. Wasn’t nice to see at all. We know we have no choice but to go for the final option because I doubt he’ll be able to eat much now that it has gotten this big.

He’s lived a really long life of 14 years and it’ll be a shame to see him go but I am grateful for the memories I have had with him.

Because of the myriad of mental health issues I have in my mind, death is a topic that I often think about and have become consequently desensitised to such things unfortunately. The traumas of an abusive childhood notwithstanding of course which added to those sentiments. I know mortality is an inevitable result of every single living being in this world. Still, I’m sad to see him go. In truth of it all, he is a big reason as to why I’m still here today. I tried to end things permanently last year before my 21st birthday and if it wasn’t for him meowing for my attention, I don’t really know what would have happened otherwise.

I don’t know whether posting this here is a good idea. I don’t want to trigger anybody. Everybody has their silent battles and I have a lot of empathy for people. I don’t want people to suffer as much as I have done for all of my life.

For the moderators, I totally understand if this level of detail is too much for this thread. I’m really lonely and coming on here seeing loads of discussion lurking in the background is quite nice. So I’m grateful to this forum for that. Thank you and RIP Nico. :white_heart:

18 Likes

Know what you’re going through, friend. Went through almost the exact same scenario with my dog three and a half years ago. Sorry for what you’re experiencing.

8 Likes

Thank you for your kind words of support, I do appreciate that. I’m very sorry you went through similarly. It’s really difficult to describe but everything someone can feasibly imagine as negativity in your mind, it’s that x100 every moment of every day. Depression is really soul crushing especially when you’ve gone through it for so many years. Anything that is positive gets turned into a negative. It’s that constant fight in your mind.

May your Dog forever live on through the warmest part of your heart and memories :blush:

Thank you again for everyone’s kindness.

8 Likes

Today I found out that I can mimic human emotions better than expected. This realization came due to an unwanted lunch with some people I don’t like at all. Every time we see each other is awful. At least I can say it was better than most times. I’m not sure if I should be concerned about not expressing emotions properly. Just wanted to say it out loud, even if I’m not actually saying it, but rather writing it.

1 Like

Hmm. My email accurately flagged a very suspicious message as ā€œspamā€ from earlier today, though it’s still a little worrying.

The only good thing is that it’s incredibly vague so it’s most likely fake, but the 1% chance it could be real does make my hair stand on end… Anyways, just so you know what’s on my mind:

I got this plain email about how ā€œooh, I’ve known you for a few months now – gained access to your computer, all its files, and even your webcam… I will begin sending out your personal information and photos from your device to all your contacts and online in 2 days unless you pay me in Bitcoinā€¦ā€
ā€œalso if you want proof, email me and I’ll send over proof to one of your contactsā€ – not sure if that’s just broken english or a malicious ploy.

Obviously I’m not gonna do a thing (other than scrub my computer for viruses) and no, I don’t have anything incriminating or illegal to worry about leaking. Just… still, having your personal information and non-consensual photos get taken is a worrying thought.
I’m usually very safe with online browsing and do my best to double-check and avoid any suspicious links or sites. So, I don’t think my setup’s been infected.
But I guess I’ve gotta wait 2 days and see what happens…? :thinking:

ADD: Both me and my dad I know have been getting random spam messages every now and then for quite a while now – usually trying to masquerade themselves as a fake Netflix account issue. (Your payment has declined/account will be shut down, please sign in with this link to resolve it) – though they are all so obviously fake either due to the random email, grammar/wording, or completely broken formatting lmao.

IDK if spam emails like this are common for folks, or we’ve just gotten unlucky with our emails somehow getting out. But still, so far any sort of ā€œmalicious hacker/phishing schemeā€ email I’ve seen has been obviously fake, gets a chuckle, and immediately deletes.

This one seems more targeted, so it definitely made me pause. But yeah, it’s super vague, has no indication it’s speaking to Me specifically, so it’s probably nothing.

6 Likes

The last thing actual spyware would do is wave at you and asks to be removed. :grin:

7 Likes

I’ve gotten that email before. It didn’t worry me at all because I have this little plastic slidey thing that’s always over my laptop’s webcam. So no one could see/record anything, since I put it there about 2 days after I bought the laptop and have never removed it. I just deleted it and, surprise surprise nothing ever came of it.

Lately though I keep getting emails about how my icloud is going to be suspended and I might lose all the data in my precious icloud unless I pay NOW.

I do not have an icloud. I do not even own a single Apple device. Scammers are trying very hard to get people’s personal info. Ignore and delete.

7 Likes

Like @empressofpersia , I use a lid on my camera as well. I haven’t gotten many spam/scam emails so far, mostly messages like on SMS (do you even call it SMS anymore?) and WhatsApp. The safest thing to do is move it straight to the trash, or google up the email to see if more people received it, which increases the chance of being false.

6 Likes

Stay calm.
Those types of texts just ā€œencouragingā€ a person to act however the email wants and as a result it might do harm. Not by itself, but by a person’s actions.
So just delete it entirely and forget about

6 Likes

I get one of those emails at least once a week. I don’t even have a camera or microphone connected to my computer so the scammer’s threats of sending incriminating videos of me were an automatic tell that it was garbage. Don’t worry about it.

8 Likes

Perhaps, but that doesn’t mean you should let this happen. I don’t know your age or situation, if you’re an adult and living independently, or are living with your parents currently. But, if the former especially, parents have a way of manipulating and controlling their adult children to keep themselves relevant, and of course think they know better. If you don’t want your father to start dictating how you live, especially if you’re out on your own, then tell him to mind his own business and you let him know how you’re doing when you see him at thanksgiving, in the meantime the lawn needs to be mowed and there’s laundry to do, so he can make himself useful and get on it.

4 Likes