Simple Mod Framework

“I find myself clicking on the folders” sounds more like you’re reporting sleepwalking than a bug; I don’t know what you want me to do

How do you have a significant amount of playtime in the game without having played the game?

No, SMF just doesnt identify the TIME OF DAY mod as a mod file so i’m not able to add it to SMF

and it keeps on saying invalid mod

I have time in Hitman World of Assassination which is the combined, one game version of Hitman 1, 2, and 3. Thats why I was asking maybe thats the issue that I assumed it would detect the installation of the game even if I hadnt played it because its technically one game now. Hitman WOA is launched by clicking play on Hitman 3 in steam

Oh, I see what you mean. Have you restarted the computer fully since installing H3 on Steam?

How did you add the mod? The only way to add a mod is to click the “Add a Mod” button at the top of the screen in Simple Mod Framework, then choose a zip file. Anything else will usually break SMF or just won’t work. You don’t need to do anything with folders.

Hey, I can’t install the new update. When I try to this pops up. Do you have any solutions?

Try running Mod Manager.exe in the folder with the same name as administrator.

I’m trying to download this on Steam Deck using an app that can install/run Windows applications (Lutris). It always works for other mod managers like Snakebite for MGSV.

Anyway, when I launch it with special prefixes (mainly the prefix for Hitman 3) I get the following error:

It seems a critical error had occurred. Try restarting the installation process, or give Atampy26 the following message on Hitman Forum…

and then below that

VDF parse
Caused by:
Expected a valid token for object start.

I also tried adding the exe as a non steam game but it doesn’t detect the game files (my version of H3 is obviously the Steam version).

Yeah, the installer relies on Windows known paths/registry keys so it won’t work through Wine (and therefore Lutris).

You can download the framework from GitHub instead and put it in its own subfolder of the HITMAN 3 folder (so a Simple Mod Framework Folder next to Launcher.exe and Retail); the Mod Manager will also likely not work but you might be able to get Deploy.exe working.

I have not been able to install any mods on any version of smf or hitman 3, have tried using older versions of hitman 3 via steam depot downloading and using the version of smf that last worked for me which was 1.5.7 to see if the new update was the issue but to no success. I always get the same error “Unhandled promise rejection! Error: spawnSync cmd.exe ENOENT”, I beleive something is wrong with my enviroment variables and I may need to wipe my pc to restore them because im truly lost on what to do. This worked fine a couple of months ago. Thanks!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN 3\Simple Mod Framework-200-1-5-7-1658056100>Deploy --logLevel verbose --logLevel debug --logLevel info --logLevel warn --logLevel error
ERROR Unknown platform/game version - update both the game and the framework and if that doesn’t work, contact Atampy26 on Hitman Forum!
Trace
at Object.error (C:\snapshot\SMF emergency patch\core.js:122:14)
at Object. (C:\snapshot\SMF emergency patch\main.js:70:14)
Press any key to continue . . .
DETAIL Initialising RPKG instance
DETAIL Removing existing patch files
DETAIL Emptying folders
DETAIL Beginning discovery
INFO Discovering mod contents
DETAIL Resolving AttackoftheSaints
DETAIL Beginning mod discovery of Hitman 3 - Attack of the Saints [Simple Mod Framework version]
INFO Discovering mod: Attack of the Saints
DETAIL Validating manifest
DETAIL Getting folders
DETAIL Merging mod options
DETAIL Validating manifest requirements
DETAIL Discovering content
DETAIL Discovering blobs
DETAIL Discovering manifest keys
DETAIL Checking cache versions
DETAIL Beginning difference
INFO Invalidating cache
DETAIL changedFiles
DETAIL invalidatedHashes
DETAIL filePath, newData
DETAIL filePath, data
DETAIL Writing cache
DETAIL Beginning deploy
DETAIL Resolving AttackoftheSaints
DETAIL Beginning deploy of Hitman 3 - Attack of the Saints [Simple Mod Framework version]
INFO Staging mod: Attack of the Saints
DETAIL Getting folders
DETAIL Merging mod options
DETAIL Content
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 002B07020D21D727
DETAIL Check contracts ORES necessary
DEBUG Preparing to apply patch C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN 3\Simple Mod Framework-200-1-5-7-1658056100\Mods\Hitman 3 - Attack of the Saints [Simple Mod Framework version]\SantaFortuna-Attack of the Saints\chunk1\outfits_columbia.entity.patch.json
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 00CB2F3691EDFEBB
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 00F8D29B111F0250
DEBUG Preparing to apply patch C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN 3\Simple Mod Framework-200-1-5-7-1658056100\Mods\Hitman 3 - Attack of the Saints [Simple Mod Framework version]\SantaFortuna-Attack of the Saints\chunk18\scenario_anaconda.entity.patch.json
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 008AB510D55AF5A3
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 00DB1E9F60E0C44E
DEBUG Preparing to apply patch C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN 3\Simple Mod Framework-200-1-5-7-1658056100\Mods\Hitman 3 - Attack of the Saints [Simple Mod Framework version]\SantaFortuna-Attack of the Saints\chunk18\scenario_hippo.entity.patch.json
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 00887DDFD8656D90
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 00FA83E7FF633C2E
DEBUG Preparing to apply patch C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN 3\Simple Mod Framework-200-1-5-7-1658056100\Mods\Hitman 3 - Attack of the Saints [Simple Mod Framework version]\Isle of Sgail-Attack of the Saints\chunk1\outfits_theisland.entity.patch.json
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 00E95B973DD44755
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 00FF110EBD82A8FC
DEBUG Preparing to apply patch C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN 3\Simple Mod Framework-200-1-5-7-1658056100\Mods\Hitman 3 - Attack of the Saints [Simple Mod Framework version]\Isle of Sgail-Attack of the Saints\chunk15\scenario_goldendoublet.entity.patch.json
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 0071D0E4863B00AF
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 00DF36B70EDCAEE5
DEBUG Preparing to apply patch C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN 3\Simple Mod Framework-200-1-5-7-1658056100\Mods\Hitman 3 - Attack of the Saints [Simple Mod Framework version]\Isle of Sgail-Attack of the Saints\chunk15\scenario_magpie.entity.patch.json
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 009792BC33857D2A
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 00B8EE64611429CC
DEBUG Preparing to apply patch C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN 3\Simple Mod Framework-200-1-5-7-1658056100\Mods\Hitman 3 - Attack of the Saints [Simple Mod Framework version]\Isle of Sgail-Attack of the Saints\chunk15\scenario_skittlebomb.entity.patch.json
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 000B6DF156AAD815
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 00EEB6B7CB9E128C
DEBUG Preparing to apply patch C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN 3\Simple Mod Framework-200-1-5-7-1658056100\Mods\Hitman 3 - Attack of the Saints [Simple Mod Framework version]\Chongqing-Attack of the Saints\chunk6\outfits_rat.entity.patch.json
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 0037AA1A61D02CD2
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 008275375D549E32
DEBUG Preparing to apply patch C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN 3\Simple Mod Framework-200-1-5-7-1658056100\Mods\Hitman 3 - Attack of the Saints [Simple Mod Framework version]\Chongqing-Attack of the Saints\chunk6\scenario_rat.entity.patch.json
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 0005C60C0B3C7977
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 002E69256922F8F6
DEBUG Preparing to apply patch C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN 3\Simple Mod Framework-200-1-5-7-1658056100\Mods\Hitman 3 - Attack of the Saints [Simple Mod Framework version]\HavenIsland-Attack of the Saints\chunk10\outfits_stingray.entity.patch.json
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 0089EEDD2BD773F3
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 00E099E585CA648E
DEBUG Preparing to apply patch C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HITMAN 3\Simple Mod Framework-200-1-5-7-1658056100\Mods\Hitman 3 - Attack of the Saints [Simple Mod Framework version]\HavenIsland-Attack of the Saints\chunk10\scenario_stingray.entity.patch.json
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 0070350DB311B9D9
DETAIL Getting RPKG of hash 00B6655C51182972
WARN Error reporting is disabled; if you experience this issue again, please enable it so that the problem can be debugged.
ERROR Unhandled promise rejection! Error: spawnSync cmd.exe ENOENT
Trace
at Object.error (C:\snapshot\SMF emergency patch\core.js:122:14)
at process. (C:\snapshot\SMF emergency patch\main.js:47:15)
Press any key to continue . . .

the mod framework said to contact you here, but what file do i put the framework in for the gamepass version? ive tried all the files and locattions

Please try opening PowerShell, typing Get-AppxPackage -Name IOInteractiveAS.PC-HITMAN3-BaseGame" and pressing Enter, and sending a screenshot of what it shows.

Hello, sorry if this had been asked before, but I’m having troubles trying to launch SMF. It was working fine when I played a few weeks ago. I did install hitman 3 on a different drive though I assume, that’s why it can’t locate my game folder. I have no idea how to fix it. I tried putting the installer in the same directory where the game exe is and still didn’t work. Hope it’s not much a trouble.

Edit: A complete reboot of my PC solved the issue!

Hello I tried the installer, it found my game folder, but when I click download, it failed and said connection failed. I don’t know why, tried redownload, reboot computer, change network condition but still didn’t work well. please help

1 Like

yes i shut down my computer every night :frowning:

when i try to open it this message pops up Welcome to the simple mod framework and the in next line lets find your game folder and then it says something i need to contact you here for more help and i have tryied everything i think i have the folder named the same as in the video and i have tryied moving it and i have the game on steam so it should work i bought it and i dont have any mods for the game so what is the problem why dose it not find my game folder i cant get past this message?

and i tryied to read the upper comments but they did not help and its not cracked i have deleted it and download it again and again and i restarted my computer i dont know what to do