The artwork thread

Drew these a few months back.

.jpg

13 Likes

I have no idea we had a general artwork thread. :joy:.
You guys are great artists!

Here is something I did a few years ago. These are all OCs of mine that I drew for myself to highlight some improvements.

Stringy-haired guy used to look like this in 2017.

9 Likes

Very late night completion of this drawing! Finally!

Saw one (or two) of those tweets from that ā€œChickens in Gamesā€ twitter account I thought were cute, so I decided to draw it.

My first time using the watercolour tool in Medibang so much, hope it gave the chicken a good fade in colours. Red, orange, brown.

Will probably setup a poll tomorrow, to figure out what I should tackle next on my listā€¦

10 Likes

First 20-ish seconds of a school assignment. Making a moving storyboard, this stuff is fun to do and though it doesnā€™t look like much, a bunch of work was made before deciding on the character designs, location, action the characters would perform, etc etc. good fun, hoping to have the final end result be about a minute long with some color added in.

12 Likes

Is this inspired by the opening to RE2 remake?

The voice acting is fun and very emotive :smile:

4 Likes

I think i mightā€™ve been inspired by it subconsiously, with the fat truck driver and the burger. Could be good to list it as a source of inspiration on the final project

5 Likes

Iā€™ve finished the storyboard, and i gotta say Iā€™m happy with how it turned out, if i had more time it wouldve been prettier but thats besides the point of the assignment.

also hitmanforum warned me that Iā€™m 20% of the replies of this thread lmfao.

11 Likes

How dare you be productive at art :angry:

5 Likes

Lmao, that was great. Love your voice acting and effects, especially the bird at the end :joy:

5 Likes

Yesterday I uploaded the biggest animation Iā€™ve made yet and also the first which is of 30 fps :smiley:For some reason I canā€™t figure a good thumbnail. Thereā€™s also a Hitman easter egg in there, which took a lot more time than I imagined it would

11 Likes

this bloke is not blending in as well as he thought he would.

anyway, cool animation. mustve taken a hell of a time to make

7 Likes

:joy: Yes but thatā€™s not 47, heā€™s in the beginning in one of the balconies :wink:

I made a gif of it:

47gif

9 Likes

I have a growing obsession with aviation history , here is a drawing of my favorite ace . (excuse my terrible cursive)

17 Likes

Whiteboard Dinosaur says hello

13 Likes

should I post every art I make? no. not all are of good quality, or are needed to be shown off.

should I post this one because it proved to be a therapeutic experience, and something that Iā€™m proud of, despite its quality? yes.

Really needed to draw this. Pat myself on the back a bit, and get back into the drawing game.
Canā€™t draw a hand or a general human person to save my life, but thatā€™s ok for now.

art ramble

Iā€™m probably not used to it, but I have a really hard time visuaising the shapes of a 3D object sometimes. ā€“ Like, this human here. ā€“ I tried sketching out a base, but it never looked right.
So, I just skip to the final lining stage, and freehand the whole thing. Really not ideal or practical, but it slightly works. And at least Iā€™ve been drawing cartoon chickens enough, that I can make one without a sketch fairly easily. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Thatā€™s probably right, but you shouldnā€™t worry too much about it. it looks like your life is already busy as is so if youā€™re not seriously pursuing art and only use it for yourself (surprisingly a lot of people I met who want to learn art are afraid of just doing it for themselves because of failure and never do it, so youā€™re already one step ahead of them) then you donā€™t have to stress yourself with it.

2 Likes

I made art with Tony Hawkā€™s Underground 2 Remix for PSP.

This is all I have accomplished over the last month.

7 Likes

Oh I remember giving myself RSI playing that game. I would go into free skate and just dick around Atlanta hitting all of those killer grind lines or booting up Kyoto and doing tricks in all the bowls and getting air of the fans.

2 Likes

I made another one in THUG 2 Remix for PSP.

5 Likes

My elden addiction canā€™t stop, wonā€™t stop. So have a very quick Man-Serpent, Demi-Human Queen and 2nd Generation Albinauric

With how long youā€™ve been doing art, that human rocks, thats an awesomely drawn human. but if you want to learn to visualize things in 3d.
Itā€™s a very hard thing to do and to learn, Iā€™d recommend checking out Ben_eblen Design on instagram, he has quick snappy videos and more in depth stuff on visualizing stuff in 3d. He also has a newsletter which is a great resource for me personally.

Thinking in 3d is something i also fail to do sometimes which leads to flat artwork but I can showcase how i try to think about something with this drawing.

For example, with the Man-Serpent I think of it as a simple cylinder that uses a curve as the line of action. I follow this general form and add on to it like Iā€™m building legos

For a more complex thing like the Demi-Human Queen i use several simple objects and forms to build up her body. Thinking like this also really helps with posing as you can warp the basic objects in perspective to form more interesting poses.

and have the albinauric as a bonus, as you can see on him, most clothing and other detailing isnā€™t included with the basic 3d shapes and are instead layered over it, which usually helps with making a character feeling like theyre wearing clothes rather than being clothes.

I hope this is able to help you further your wonderful efforts into art. But you should proud of what youā€™ve achieved so far in terms of other parts of art.

11 Likes