The artwork thread

just a quick little sketch-page I made at 2am last night.
was kinda hyped about Inside so I just sketched various moments from it out of memory. Used a reference for the eyes at the end.

also attempted the new timelapse feature on the drawing program I use. it’s ok but I could do without the watermark in the corner :unamused:
Took me just under an hour. Here’s that in 30 seconds.

7 Likes

so yeah I made some money recently. first time in a long time since I’ve now graduated :sunglasses:

also damn this thing was so damn good I had to re-meme it (an attempt was made lol)

template.?

12 Likes

More playing around with the Arcane filter. Apparently it’s so powerful that it restores the Constant’s hairline.

Also filtered it through some RDR2 screenshots I found.

Edit: and Vanessa Kirby:

13 Likes

Do you have any Penelope Graves in the Arcane filter?

1 Like

@TheAtlanticTempest looks great

1 Like

A few, posted already in the screenshot thread. Here’s the link to the filter:

2 Likes

Father, Villain, Shinobi.

Sekiro’s villain and my personal favorite character Great Shinobi Owl

What a fun character to draw. This has to be one of my best digital works I’ve ever made. I love how the shading turned out and the character looks exactly the way i wanted him to.

from sketch to final

12 Likes

Sean Rose and my OC Eric :sweat_smile:
This is the artwork I commissioned from one talented person and wanna share this with you!

10 Likes

A while back I shared the story of an original villain in this thread, I’d like to do this again this time with my favorite villain I’ve created. (I should probably also do this with some of my good guys sometime but that happens when i want to)

The villain I want to share with you today is Logan O’Sullivan A.K.A The Wondrous Weapon-Man.

Born in Newbridge, Ireland in 1941 in a catholic family of 3. Though his family was not originally from Ireland, but from America. As his great-great grandparents had emigrated to the U.S.A due to the great famine. His father Donald O’Sullivan decided to once again move back to the United States in search of greener pastures. Deciding to move to Montgomery, Alabama. There Logan lived a normal catholic life. Though a great sense of nationalism and hate of the other was instilled in him by not only his teachers, but his family too. His father loved America and wanted to have no ties to Ireland at all, making for an extremely nationalistic American upbringing for his 3 kids.

Logan had a great love for shooting and hunting. With his father encouraging this hobby of his, leaving most of scholarly duties behind. After having decided to drop out and join the United States military as quickly as he could. He was shown to be an excellent soldier, obedient, strong, a great shot. Though with murderous blood lust and ravenous hate toward the enemy. He was drafted to the Vietnam War in 1959, 2 years before the two nukes hit each other above Europe and caused the Pee-virus (Power Engorging Echo-virus) to create super-powered individuals. This event caused America to stop the war and close it’s borders for Europeans in fear of the virus.

His time in Vietnam was well spent, saving countless white soldiers and advancing several fronts by himself. The American government had their sights on a soldier so committed and deadly as him. Once the Pee-virus hit and Europe became the sole place for Superheros for 5 years. America finally decided to re-open its borders after those 5 years and weaker versions of the pee-virus caught on in America creating lesser heroes.

The American government, under president Lyndon B. Johnson and later Nixon, wanted America to have the top heroes and be the sole superpower with overpowered powers. This is where Logan comes in. After his duties in Vietnam he was called by the government for a special assignment. The government together with it’s top scientists it got from Germany after the second world war created a “Super-hero Killer Suit” with a newly increased military budget. However the scheme of infiltrating Europe and killing most of it’s most useful and powerful heroes was kept secret from the public.

Instead Logan was propped up as America’s number 2 hero, The Wondrous Weapon-man, while it’s actual number 1 hero, Robert Ncwatohiyade A.K.A Mr. America, was actually out and about saving people and being of great help. Logan was out in other countries, either destabilizing communistic democracies or killing heroes of great help to that country. This charade continued for over 7 years before being brought down by the Inflatable Muscle Man in France.

Where he was prosecuted and locked away in solitary confinement for life by Interpol. With the American Government denying any connection to the man. Leading to a slow and painful death in the grey walls of the prison.

13 Likes

I might be entering my bird-watching era
So, I’m breaking out the unused sketchbook, unused drawing pencils, and late-night creative energy to draw… feet pics. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Ahem, chicken feet pics actually. I’m not that crazy.

Just trying to figure out how in the world to shape my chicken avatar’s leg-appendages in a way that looks similar enough to the real deal yet still fitting the cartoonish style I’ve established.
Im mostly missing the claw detail in most of my drawings. Separate fingers/toes

So far it either looks like a duck foot or something alien. The shape is what’s getting me stuck. I don’t want the toes to look too far apart but don’t want them to look too fat/thin either.
Ironically the side-profile of the Peacock foot from my 7DS Pride drawing (bottom-left) is a really good shape for them… just, how to translate that to what I want on paper, front-on-view?

I probably need to learn fore-shortening regarding the separate toes. Maybe?

8 Likes

It’s ya boy, Callous conniving Khakiasp back again with another piece of artwork unrelated to hitman. After playing way too much of Cuphead’s Delicious last course I got inspired by the kings leap to do my own take on the 6 pieces of world’s most popular boardgame; CHESS!

With that being said, here’s the process I created for coming up with a character design for the first of six strongwilled medieval pieces. The Pawn

This artwork was also an exercise in writing mah goddahm process down. For the process kept two things in mind throughout, the purpose of the pawn piece and the cliches associated with the plentiful takes on human chess designs. With that being said i first drew out what i thought a human pawn was, just from the wrist. No sketches, no research just hoopa. Thats the big feller in the middle on the first page. Pretty generic with not much personality.

After some research i decided to use a templar knight as the inspiration for my pawn. With the main weapon being a spear. I chose this knight for two reasons. Reason one: it gave the pawn a unique look not often explored by other human pawn designs. Which usually give them a surcoat and lower soldier type look, which is to be expected due to the chess piece’s bulbous top part and low status in the game itself. But I wanted to change that with the reasoning that templar knights are known for charging forward in the name of god and charging headstrong into Jerusalem. And the pawn moves forward in a straight line, charging toward the enemy.
My second reason was because the templar knight’s skirt made a beautiful parallel to the wider lower part of the chess piece pawn .

Now the biggest flaw with using a knight as the basis for my pawn design is that it’s inconsistent with the name pawn. Considering there’s also a knight in chess. but all in all i think the final design pays off despite this. And for future designs i can take this in consideration to make a more cohesive collection of chess pieces. As I’ve decided to go in the more religous direction for these knights, queens and kings due to the bishop chess piece. though i hope i gots the motivation to finish a full set

aye hoped you enjoyed this short novella and the pictures alongside it, cheers.

11 Likes

a siren & a conspirator.

for a lot of this year i’ve felt quite somber and it’s effected the direction of my art. not saying it’s a bad or good thing, but something interesting that i noticed

21 Likes

Wow, i love these. These pieces convey such beauty with an air of mystery and despair. And i love that. Beyond excellent work on these ones

4 Likes

thank you so much Khaki :blue_heart: mystery is a fun element to work with, pretty much what I was going for

3 Likes

First time is see this form of your art. They’re gorgeous.
The second one gives me vanité / vanitas artwork feels. I mean we are in a post-plague recession world after all.

5 Likes

thank you @LandirtHome !

yes, it was very much inspired by that kind of feeling. memento mori. although vanité / vanitas does sound cooler haha.

at least we all have each other in this time. feels like we have been conditioned nowadays to hear about death/survival every day, compared to pre-pandemic times.

4 Likes

The strongest warrior in Japan, the master of the sword, spear and fully automatic 9 millimeter 18th century glock.

Isshin, The Sword Saint

15 Likes

Animation is hard, though toonboom is fun

17 Likes

I want to make my man :chicken: move and groove, but that idea has felt like a pipe dream out of my skill level for a long time now

Also I probably don’t have the patience, at least in this hectic time of my life so far.
One day. One day I will do it. :frowning_face:
Just small stuff, so I can hopefully get a better hang of it and move on to even bigger ideas my brain keeps coming up with, but is still out of my skill level :joy:

4 Likes

honestly, animating a chicken is a wish i want to fulfill this year too. There was this old nitrome game called bomb chicken iirc, and it had some of the cutest uses of squash and stretch for a chicken I had ever seen. Highly recommend you check it out. but that little game just made me wanna animate a bouncy ball of feathers ever since

1 Like