The Nintendo Thread

i just need Brewster and i will play ACNH again nintendo pls

im predicting maybe in the summer, since thats when the most people will be playing again

3 Likes

Butā€¦ Butā€¦ I canā€™t enjoy a hot chocolate in the summer!!

actually, I can and often do. Stillā€¦ Brewsterā€™s all about the hot drinks for me.

3 Likes

i definitely think the winter is the most fitting time for Brewster but that seems so far away to me ;-;

2 Likes

Yeah but for us southern hemisphere people itā€™s really soon.

I know some people dismiss New Horizons but this is literally the first Animal Crossing game where seasons line up to what they are for me. I feel a lot more connected. Hot Christmas time and cold July is something I never see in media and Iā€™m glad they let me experience it.

I know the northern hemisphere is where almost all the market is for games and other media but it sucks to be left out every single time.

2 Likes

ur right. last year the summer update lined up with northern hemisphere summer. its only fair that southern hemisphere players get the same treatment in 2021

3 Likes

My character discovered the joy of diving underwater while the entire island was covered in snow. It was a blast.

3 Likes

Obviously, your character has a heated ocean. No wonder they were suddenly so eager to jump into water under sub-zero temperatures.

1 Like

Out of nowhere, the Animal Crossing 1.10 update is out.

Itā€™s not much. Just updates to seasonal events, some new reskinned items, thatā€™s it.

From nookipedia, hereā€™s the deets:

I might actually jump back in for these. The only events Iā€™ve missed out on so far are the May/June events, since I got into AC in July of last year.
(Plus, Iā€™ve been thinking of a few design changes for my island ā€“ an ICA house, anyone?)

3 Likes

im not a fan of all the updates these days just adding new itemsā€¦ but man the Carp Banner is the coolest new item ever. i like the paper mache helmet too, its cute

1 Like

Not playing til they add the froggy chair back.

2 Likes

The best video game ever made is coming to the Nintendo Switch later todayā€¦

CALCULATOR

Featuring a blatant copy of the original iPhone/iPod Touch Calculator app design.

2 Likes

The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Animal Crossing New Horizons and Super Mario are my favorites sometimes Donkey Kong and Kirby haha :grin:

1 Like

Just saw a picture on how to ā€˜catch upā€™ to the newest Metroid game: Dread.

Unfortunately, only one of these games is readily, easily, cheaply available on the Switch.

Iā€™ve got a feeling that this would be the perfect time to introduce a GBA-game catalog to the NSO serviceā€¦ but of course this is Nintendo weā€™re talking about, and they never do the logical thingā€¦

5 Likes

New Nintendo Direct is going to air in less than a day, 17 and a half hours from this post roughly I believe. 40 minutes, mostly focused on games coming out this Winter. But I also imagine it will have a plug for the upcoming OLED Switch which launches in just a couple of weeks with Metroid Dread. Couple of interesting rumours, one is about a new Switch controller that Nintendo patented a while back. Another about Game Boy games being added to Nintendo Online. But perhaps the biggest, possibly, is that we could see the announcement of the very final fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

3 Likes

Jeez, they really announce these things out of the blue, donā€™t they?

Fingers crossed thereā€™s a new NSO catalog update. I need a reason to subscribe again, and I want to get hyped for the new Metroid by playing the old games!
(The only one Iā€™ve ever played was Other Mā€¦ not good, I know, but I enjoyed it)

1 Like

Well, that kindof happened. N64 and Sega Mega Drive games, but you have to upgrade your Nintendo Online to a higher plan which will cost more money, and they havenā€™t said yet how much more this new plan will cost over the standard current plan. Mixed feelings on it, feels a bit of a kick in the guy to include Super Mario 64 in this when they did that BS release of 3D All Stars a while back. I believe the only Metroid games you can get still on Online would be the original game on the NES and Super Metroid for SNES. Super Metroid is a total classic though, great game.

As for the rest of the Direct, pretty good, nothing too substantial. Seems like alot of stuff we have to wait til October to get, the reveal of the last Smash fighter, an Animal Crossing Direct, the details of the new Nintendo Online stuff etc. Bayonetta 3 gets a proper trailer and seems like it will finally arrive next year, thatā€™s pretty great. Still need to play the first 2 games. Kirbyā€™s new game makes it feel like his take on Super Mario Odyssey, which looks really fun. Want to hop on Splatoon 3 when that launches. Triangle Strategy looks great and interesting.

I think the big takeaway from this Direct is the pure meme fuel of the Super Mario move, with Chris Pratt as Mario. Just, what? Hilarious. God forbid Hollywood lets them use the extremely iconic voice of Mario in a Mario movie.

3 Likes

Forgot to put Nintendo 3DS for Metroid Fusionā€¦ people forgot GBA games are on 3DS, but they are really rare.

I didnā€™t make that graph.
Regardless, itā€™s only available to people in the ā€œ3DS Ambassadors programā€ which was a slate of games exclusive to people who bought a 3DS before it had a price drop in 2011. So itā€™s essentially non existent for 3DS users.

Edit: Slate! not slave. Dumb autocorrect.

Still an official release under the Virtual Console line by Nintendo just not accessible to everyone. Same can be said about Four Swords Anniversary an official Nintendo release, but is no longer accessible to everyone.

1 Like

I think the point of that graph was to illustrate how to easily, legally, and cheaply get access to Metroid titles on current Nintendo platforms.

So yes, you are correct that it exists on 3DS. But to get it youā€™d need a pre-2011 machine with it loaded on someoneā€™s device. And youā€™d be hard-pressed to find it for less than the MSRP.