The Safehouse Thread

As much as some people may agree or disagree with this, I’d be up for the SafeHouse staying as 47’s permanent base for future games.

I think it’s great!!

8 Likes

While I like 47 moving around all over the world to stay ahead of authorities, I’m pretty sure this could stay his main residence that he at least returns to every few weeks or months. I mean, the way it’s presented in gameplay, 47 coming back to the safehouse after every mission, just isn’t very feasible or efficient. In-universe, I’m pretty sure he’d stay at a motel or something a few towns over from the map of his current hit, then onto the next location, until the syndicate is wiped out, and then go home to the safehouse to rest, train, and wait for his next contract.

2 Likes

I was thinking later that I needed to get that. :joy:

2 Likes

Totally agree here. Like you said, he could finish business in a particular area after a few weeks then return to the SafeHouse.

I guess it’s just a waiting game to find out what the future holds for the SafeHouse after IOI have finished with Freelancer :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Apologies that this is irrelevant to the above discussion, but I wish the posters 47 could hang up were more specific/related to WOA in particular. (Well, aside from the self-aware elevator poster). Maybe it could be photography from the locations he has visited? Or even better, we can use the camera to snap a picture and hang it up later.

There is still time before Freelancer officially released so…one can hope :pray:

10 Likes

Linking this topic as a reference. Yeah. These vehicles would be nice to add to the safehouse.

2 Likes

Omg I’m sure PC players are gonna have such a fun time with mods for those posters and pictures when Freelancer is out.

oh no I can already see the jam picture

Anyway, while I don’t recall there being an immense amount of tasteful, framed, Louvre-worthy paintings or posters in the WOA, I’m sure what there are of those might be considered “classy” or “special” pieces that’ll require a good amount of Mastery grinding, to really spruce up the place with fancy props

6 Likes

oohh the jam picture will 100% make an appearance. that’s a given.

I do hope that there are meaningful pictures hidden behind mastery. would be a great motivation to grind harder, if nothing else. Though on a related note, here’s to hoping Freelancer doesn’t have the seemingly endless grind that Sniper Assassin has… the opinion seems to be mixed on that

4 Likes

Maybe it already is like that… we just can’t unlock it yet.

3 Likes

Wait is there a leaked 100 level mastery? Where is it?

It’s in the video that Clemens did for Road to Freelancer #2.

No i thought the op ofbthe other thread was saying the full 100 levels were leaked

At some point, the Safe House should be raided by a team of heavily armed INTERPOL agents commanded by Inspector Albert Fournier from the 2004 game Hitman Contracts. He’d probably look a bit older and have a nasty scar on his forehead where a bullet grazed him indicating he survived getting shot by 47.

2 Likes

Yeah, not a good or fun idea in principle, and wouldn’t Cosmo Faulkner make more sense?

Yeah, that ain’t happening. The only people who survived being attacked by 47 are Diana and the Undying, one was by choice, the other is a non-canon joke contract, so… no.

3 Likes

Doesn’t Smith work for interpol now? Hopefully he would ruin any attempts his colleagues made at finding 47.

2 Likes

Actually… Moments before the raid a distraught Agent Smith is outside frantically banging on the glass door in his American Flag Boxers™ -as always. 47 grabs his gun, lets him inside, and angrily inquires what the hell he’s doing here?!

Smith; “47! They’re coming! I tried my best to hold out, but their interrogation techniques were too much! I managed to get away… this time. Thanks to one of the other agents. I heard one of the others refer to them as Vic or Victor… Something like that. Had a rattlesnake tattoo just below their neck. But we need to either get the hell out of here or prepare to hold down the fort because they’re coming! A whole squad, man! If you’ve got some artillery I’d be more than happy to help you fend them off!”

Agent 47 thinks back to how he didn’t have a chance to help Lucas Grey in his last moments - that this might be a way to make up for that.

47: “Carlton! Go down to the basement, choose whatever weapon you’d like, then get back up here. It’s time to go hunting!” As 47, while holding 1 gun up, reaches into his other inner breast pocket and pulls out an identical gun…

6 Likes

I love how you managed to get the dual ballers into that and I love how 47 isn’t even worried about getting a long gun for this assault. He will just head shot all the armored up goons with his trusty slow 45 slugs. It’ll be loud!!!

4 Likes

Know what would make great safehouse decorations? the envy seats

3 Likes

Something came to my mind… I wish we would get a suit just for the safehouse. Not the wounded one but something very casual, you know? I mean, chopping wood in a suit seems a bit… out of place :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Presumably as access to more suits opens up in the mode, we can pick things more appropriate. Most of the casual outfits from Sapienza, Bangkok, Miami, Santa Fortuna and Haven come to mind. Also, the Colorado outfit and tactical turtleneck would seem appropriate in a woodsy setting.

5 Likes