The Safehouse Thread

Hasn’t 47 always been one of those guys who just prefers his own company? Personally, I don’t think he gives a fuck and just enjoys the peace and quiet in the Safehouse and the surrounding area outside :wink:

I’d love living there!

2 Likes

Does anyone else have this issue in the Shed?

The blend in option to check gun parts (like in the Safehouse Basement) just doesn’t work at all? :thinking:

Might be part of the patch fix perhaps?

6 Likes

I thought it might be part of that elusive Safehouse Easter egg.

2 Likes

But, Sydney and Tokyo are 1 hour apart…

1 Like

O dam :flushed:
I swear when I was growing up it said the place I lived (Perth) and Tokyo were both GMT 8+

I apologize, IO :pensive:

EDIT: They are GMT 8+ in Summer (Daylight Savings). My home state doesn’t use daylight savings so that meant we were both in the same timezone, knew I wasn’t crazy

6 Likes

Tokyo is GMT +9, though.

2 Likes

This was the part that confused me :S

England (Greenwich) and Sydney both use DST, but Japan stays the same all year. Therefore at some point in the year Sydney goes from being one hour ahead to two, but it looks like Freelancer takes place when they are only an hour apart, which is Southern Hemisphere Winter

2 Likes

I wish we had a local time clock somewhere. The bed does not have a clock at some mastery right?

But anyway, I doubt it would fit the current time of the day. I once tried to estimate the time zone the safehouse is in by comparing the position of the sun with the clocks depending on the time of the day.

(Uhr = o’clock)

If the sun moves that little within 5 hours, the safehouse is either in an inaccurate virtual reality or on another planet.

16 Likes

Nice time-detective work, Uhrben.

11 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s located on the outskirts of Springfield. Check 47’s alcohol rack for signs of Duff beer.

4 Likes

There are grandfather clocks upstairs as part of decoration unlocks… But someone else here (can’t remember who it was, sorry) already checked those and said they always show the same time. :pensive:

2 Likes

I remember seeing something about an undiscovered safehouse Easter egg at some point… Was that ever resolved?

The only possible lead I could think of (and I apologize in advance if that’s common knowledge or if there actually is a simple explanation) would be the faint beeping sound I would sometime hear in the center of the main room, in the basement (between the freelancer tool reward chest and the Prestige Objective console, in front of the main screen). I could never determine the exact source, and I’m still not sure why I would hear it sometimes and not others. But as I said, maybe I simply overlooked something fairly simple…

Speaking of Easter eggs… Has anyone who left their church area Easter egg untouched prestiged yet? If yes, did prestiging remove the Silverballer and the fibre wire?

I don’t really expect that to happen, but I’d rather know in advance if it does.

4 Likes

I did leave it untouched before advancing my Prestige Level, and it’s all still there.

What I’d like to know, personally, is if the contents of the chest reappear upon advancing to the next Prestige Level. That would be handy (and just a neat little idea, design-wise, in my opinion).

7 Likes

Thank you! That would actually be neat if the emptied Easter egg reset after advancing.

1 Like

Sadly, they don’t reappear. I took the items when I first unlocked that area, and after prestiging they’re still gone. It would be a great change to make them respawn though.

7 Likes

That’s really unfortunate. I was wondering if maybe that Easter egg had been conceived with the Prestige Level system in mind, but I guess not…

Aw man I’m gutted about that. Like yourself, I picked them up originally (wish I didn’t), so I was hoping if I started the prestige mode they’d be back in the chest.

5 Likes

Anyone else feel the garage got extremely dark since the May update? I can hardly see the color of my sports cars.

2 Likes

I was actually concerned the items would’ve disappeared even if not collected when advancing prestige.

1 Like