Missed to mention the above is cross gen (PS4 and PS5).
For Hitman and From Software, they put a reasonable and affordable price when they release, and I always plan budget for them before they release besides their games are exceptionally at my top priority list.
The funny part is that they announce this after Nintendo already announced they are doing their Direct literally one hour after. Busy day all round, with this leading into th Tokyo Game Show.
EDIT: Getting muddled up on time. Nintendo Direct is 7 hours before the Sony presentation.
Edit: crap my brain just reminded me that PC, Switch and Xbox all have Katana Zero and PS has yet to have it – but it’ll only drop when the Free DLC expansion is out which I doubt it’s quite ready yet.
Yeah, a little sad for the delay but goddamn if it were ready they’d drop it in October and there’s already too much going on then.
I was a little suspicious most of the gameplay was once again Bugs and another last-second Cyborgs tease, so I guess we’re still not far along enough in the hype schedule for them to reveal those…
Also it may still be an older build - the framerate looked a liiitle weird.
Apart from that it was fairly tame third-party stuff. Lots of japanese RPGs (and I guess makes sense to show since Sony loves the Tokyo Game Show happening soon.)
Another look at Spider-Man 2, showing off the instant open-world switching between Spidey’s. WOW. Also 65 suits in total, each with 4 colour swaps, that’s insane.
Oh yeah and I’m happy for the RE4 crowd, getting a VR mode and more DLC stuff.
Ooh and Bennet Foddy & Gabe Cuzillo’s weird “literal walking sim” game at the start looks goofy and fun.
Well well well! Helldivers 2 has two editions, A standard edition with 3 pre-order bonus armours, and a Super Citizen edition with a bunch of extra armour sets and a few weapons - hopefully just early unlocks…
(Though the Steeled Veterans Pack seems like extra DLC stuff)
And there should be more info on the game coming very soon?
We can’t wait for you to experience the universe of Helldivers 2 on February 8. This is only the beginning of our war against the enemies of Managed Democracy. We have even more to share in the coming days,
The Slim redesign of the PS5’s have been announced!
Surprisingly the price is the same/increased for both models.
Though this time, while the disc drive is detachable/sold separately, both consoles come with 1TB Storage instead of the 825GB of the original model.
Regular Disc Slim model comes at $499.99 USD (same price)
Digital Slim model comes at $449.99 USD (up from $399)
Yeah, it’s way more angular than the original… huh…
Weird they’re calling the disc version just “Playstation” and the one without “Digital Edition”, though digital looks sleeker…
BUT no, its good that Disc version is still considered “standard”. Hopefully this still means there’s hope for physical in the next gen. It’s been a worrying thought recently.
As predicted, this confirms why PS5s have been not only widely available, but on sale for the past few months.
I’m glad I held out. Now the question is, do I go digital or not, when I finally do pull the trigger and slap my credit card in the face with an unnecessary expense?
Hey it’s one way to continuously build up your credit. God only knows how many unnecessary expenses I put on a credit card just to build it up to what it is today.
I think though, upon brief further reflection, that I will skip this Slim model. Okay, so it has a little more internal storage and is a little slimmer. It’s also still expensive, and doesn’t seem to be a faster or more powerful machine. It also remains incredibly unwieldy and awkward, especially if you want to lay it on its side.
Holding out either for a PS5 Pro down the line, or for current PS5 owners to sell their machines at a discount when they buy the new Slim.
I’m still on PS4 but I’ll wait some technical report on the new one when it will be available in November, especially about thermal, noise and power consumption. I don’t care about the looks, it could be ugly as hell.
In any case going with the normal one, even if I buy mostly digital, because I want to have options. And may be one day we will get a H3 offline physical version.
IGN’s deep dive into Spider-Man 2’s performance modes.
Some boss battles/playable sequences shown off here, so don’t watch if you don’t wanna know!
(I regret using my eyes lol – giant Sandman Boss and Mary Jane with a Stun Gun – plus Aunt May flashback revealed!)
Personally I don’t know enough and probably have any use in knowing all the VRR and 120hz specs since we don’t have a fancy 4K HDR TV, but it’s cool to see that Insomniac have found a way to do Ray Tracing reflections in both 30fps and 60fps modes! And the game just looks fantastic in either one!
EDIT: Okay, Digital Foundry, probably the premier source for performance checks in gaming nowadays has a fantastic performance review that shows off how well-optimized the game’s loading and detail is.
One of the opening sequences has you thrown across the map at incredible speeds, all in-engine, in a disorienting, but stunning showcase of how fast the PS5 can load New York from one point to another.
The 2023 Wrap-Up is here! Even though I’ve had my PS5 for less than half of the year I’ve already clocked 20 more hours of Hitman 3 in it compared to the PS4 version! Freelancer basically by itself got me to spend over 3 weeks of my life in Hitman 3. Very impressive!
If it wasn’t for the Uncharted collections counting multiple games as one, my actual 4th and 5th places would be Resident Evil Village with 25 hours and Ghost Trick Phantom Detective with 21 hours.
Hitman was second close to Last Of Us Factions (the only multiplayer mode I keep enjoying for many years) but I have time to play 19 more hours and reach 470 hours total time