The Sony Playstation Thread

Ah you mean launching the game on previous gen when the next-gen console was already out? Well, this time around it’s a bit better that PS5 can at least play most of PS4 games. It’s just we don’t know what differences there will be for GT7 on both consoles. Perhaps things like framerate limits, grid count, dynamic weather and day time, etc. Or even content wise like car count and race tracks.

Forza Horizon 2 was an example of the same game released across different generations. It differs from graphic, car count, and functions, etc.

My gearhead mind misread this so much that I thought you’re talking about Forza games and wondering why you would compare the first game to the latest installment. Then I realized you’re talking about a different game. :joy:

2 Likes

Pretty much. It also means that to this day, arguably the PS4 still doesn’t have a “true” Gran Turismo title on it. Sport seems very hit and miss, with it being so focused on its multiplayer. Would be a good move for GT7 to be cross gen. I think the PS4 version will be compromised though, especially when you consider the devs are actually very good at keeping the games going for years after with a number of free and paid DLC. Wouldn’t be surprised if the PS4 version just doesn’t get that and they instead focus on the PS5 version, considering how much the devs are meant to be real purists.

1 Like

Anyone know why my PS + is still showing me free games for August? I was kinda excited to try the Predator game.

I’m able to play COD live multiplayer so I think my systems time/date must be correct.

1 Like

They always get refreshed on the first Tuesday of the month afaik, so tomorrow the new games should be available

5 Likes

This month’s games looks exciting. I cannot wait to try that Hitman 2 game, it looks really interesting.

1 Like

Forza > GT :slight_smile:

Well, you’re aware that this is a thread dedicated to the console platform that only features one of the titles in your comparison, right? This can be dangerous. Hehe :smiling_imp:

Jokes aside, which aspects of Forza do you consider being better than GT? I know myself can envy (even get jealous) sometimes that Xbox and PC having an amazing open-world racing series (Horizon) that PlayStation doesn’t have. But I just can’t resist the unique Japanese elegant presentation style that GT always has within their menu.

2 Likes

Ha, just teasing.

What aspects? Not many. I like FM’s UI a lot better than GT. I think the tuning is a little better in Forza. On Series X, IIRC FM7 runs at 4K/60 just like Horizon 4. GTS runs at uhhh 1800p/60? (PS5, not sure of PS4)

I’m comparing Forza Motorsport not Horizon. I haven’t bought GTS yet, but I might.

Ah, don’t be too envious. I think FH series are a little overrated. I like FM a lot better. FH just comes off as really cheesy to me. Different strokes. It’s still a gorgeous game though.

All that being said, GT3 A-Spec will always hold a special place in my heart.

3 Likes

How’s the sound in GTS/GT7?

FH4’s engine sounds are so horrific that I could only play for small amounts of time with a custom soundtrack. FM series are an exception.

FH5 is looking much, much better.

Sorry to hijack. Maybe I’ll buy GTS :wink:

1 Like

Oh well, I can relate such feeling with the tuning system in GT Sport. You can only unlock a wider range of tuning with the mileage that you earn by driving. The game doesn’t even allow you to enhance brakes. Luckily, this will be addressed in GT7 with tuning shop feature’s return.

For your information, it is possible to have such performance on PS5 now. The upcoming GT7 will be able to perform the same as well.

The headline here is that GT Sport runs in its highest possible resolution and frame rate — 4K at 60fps — but with no difference we could detect compared to PS4 Pro. Sony’s top-spec last-gen console had no issues running GT Sport in 4K60, so we wouldn’t expect anything less from PS5.

Ha, I know that. its domination to the arcade racing genre may have something to do with it. FH series’ popularity towards mainstream audiences makes me wonder how they will handle the series in future, say will there be another major expansion like the Lego one? However, both Motorsport and Horizon have some rarity of vehicles that can still be appreciated by car enthusiasts, especially with the huge car counts.

Gotta watch out for a yellow Evo on your mirror when you’re blasting this song in your car!

Not sure about GT7, although it will likely be similar to GTS, which is significantly better than the often-joked “vacuum cleaner sound” from earlier titles, I think.

Ah, it’s alright. I often go way off-topic when it comes to racing games. We can discuss more in the Game News thread whenever there’s more info for both series. :wink:

1 Like

I mean, from what I understand, it sounds like Gran Turismo 7 is basically Gran Turismo Sport but with proper single player and more content.

It’s pretty cheap to pick up, but be warned, the single player content isn’t really there. If you want a taste of GT7, might be a good idea to pick up GTS and see how you like it. Although personally I do feel the true magic of GT is in the single player. Like you, I loved GT3, GT3 and GT4 are the pinnacles of the series for me, something I really hope GT7 really can reach for me.

2 Likes

Nice, PS5 is a solid console so I don’t doubt it’ll run it at a stable 4k60

I’m not a console or PC elitist BTW, I like and own most of them except PS4. I just tend to play Xbox 99.9999% of the time. (I luckily scored a digital PS5 and I only wanted it for one reason: Ratchet and Clank)

Even the tire noise in FH4 was garbage.

I can give you a clear example of how dogshit the sounds are in FH4:

one of the top comments :rofl:

The viper finally doesn’t sound like a tractor

So, don’t envy Horizon. But Horizon 5 looks and sounds a lot better so maybe save some cash for a Series X (don’t skinflint on a Series S, IMHO lol)

3 Likes

There is some bad news regarding that, though. GT7 will still require constant Internet connection, with game progress being saved online. We all have been through the WoA controversy here, but I think it’s still a terrible thing to know that I can’t manually manage my save data and restart career mode as I wish.

Another somewhat controversial aspect of GT7 is the fact that the game will require an internet connection to use many of its features, including saving your progress. It was a point of contention for many players in GT Sport and it returns in GT7 . To find out why that is, we asked Yamauchi why that design decision was made.

2 Likes

Yeah I heard that, very annoying. Gran Turismo really jumped on hard for online functuality with GT5 onwards, and it can be very annoying. It just seems like the benefits gained from always online never feel like they are worth sacrificing player convenience if you ask me.

2 Likes

Right. But other than that, I am excited about the game too! GT mode makes its proper return, combining with all the good stuff from Sport like Scape mode and livery editor. Some new function like GT cafe as well!

Pre-ordering any version of the game will grant players 3 cars and 100,000+ in-game credit bonus, but I will wait and possibly miss it intentionally, just for the nostalgia sake of buying a second-hand car from the start or aiming at national B license first! :star_struck:

1 Like

It’s definetly going to be good to start the career mode. Choosing your first car is such a powerful thing. I still feel pissed off that GT6 forced you to start with a Honda Jazz, it removed such an iconic part of the GT experience. I never really got into GT5 or GT6, I picked them up so much later after release and that era of PS3 graphics just makes the world’s seem almost photo real and very dead at the same time.

I definetly want to dedicate myself to this game when it comes out. As much as I want single player content overall, I do want to be able to eventually jump into the online mode and try and win some races. I’ve seen some Youtube videos of proper pro GTS players in online races and the level of skill and good play neccesary is very impressive.

Probably the one other thing is that Polyphony has a good history of adding cars and tracks to their games for free years after release. I think GTS got over 100+ cars after launch for a couple of years before focusing solely on GT7 development, and here’s hoping GT7 will receive the same kind of love.

1 Like

Starting on the 27th, credit/debit cards and PayPal won’t be accepted for PS3 and Vita purchases.

The easy solution, of course, will be to add funds to your account through the browser or PS4/5 versions of the store.

5 Likes

Thank goodness they’d still allow that.

Still sucks that they removed everything PS3/Vita related from the browser stores, but at least it’s not a total shutdown…

1 Like

What’s the usage of this? It’s been nearly 5 years I have this PS, but never figured it out. Nothing on the manual as well.

I think that’s where it connects to a charging station, but I’ve never actually used it myself.

2 Likes