The Sony Playstation Thread

Charging stations use the regular charging port, or at least the ones I saw were like that.

Maybe those aren’t official charging stations then. (Or some charging stations are just glorified USB cords. :grin:)

Apparently it’s used to connect charging stations, keyboards and headsets/microphones.

3 Likes

Playstation Plus members gonna be getting 3 free PSVR titles in November… or, starting in November, it’s kinda unclear?

And to celebrate this PS VR milestone, we wanted to give a special thank you to PlayStation fans: Starting in November, PlayStation Plus* members will get three PS VR bonus games for no extra charge. Stay tuned for more details in the PlayStation Plus update in the next few weeks.

5 Likes

If you want to check how much of a life you don’t have, the Playstation 2021 Wrap Up is finally working!

get a code for bonus PS4/5 avatars upon completion.

Oh Boy Yeah

Can’t believe Jedi Fallen Order is #5. I only [rented] that game for a month and that was back in November…

4 Likes

I have issues…

Dunno why it’s stamped as Standard Edition when I pre-ordered the Deluxe. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

It’s just what your purchase redirects to now. Similar thing happened with Hitman 2 when the Starter Pack was released.

The “Base Game” became the Starter Pack, and the rest of the full game became DLC in a Base Game bundle.
So, for me, buying the Gold Version upon release, soon after that the PS Store constantly claimed that I did not own the “Gold Edition” bundle (when I essentially did), since the contents of it had changed from “Hitman 2+Expansion” to “Starter Pack+Base Game+DLC”.

This is the pre-order deluxe page I found in my library. The page doesn’t exist anymore.
https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP4572-CUSA18201_00-0000000H3PREDELX

1 Like

Man what a year!

It’s like nothing changed a bit. The only change between my top 3 is H2 became H3. No surprise there. :laughing: Oh and NFS: Heat dropped to 2nd place cause it’s essentially the same game from 2019.

Just to clarify as well, my version of GTA V is not the online premium edition, though. It’s the next gen launch edition from 2014. I have no intention of buying sharkcards, at least not anymore.

Wrap up 2020 edition

2 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

That was a great last year on PS.

2 Likes

:skull:

3 Likes

Since I don’t have HITMAN 3 yet…

2 Likes

A 30 minutes long State of Play event will take place on Feb 2nd. This time it will be mostly dedicated to Gran Turismo 7! It’s pretty much just 1 month away from the release, so I can’t wait to see the details about it. About time to dive into a full-on GT experience again! :racing_car:

Here’s a link to the tweet.

5 Likes

GT7 is really the game I am looking forward to this year. Really want to sink my teeth into the campaign. Want to really get that feeling I had when I beat the campaign of GT3 when I was young. (Perhaps without recklessly exploiting the F1 car you unlocked because for some reason, you could use it in most races.)

Minor thing as well to bring up but anyone see Sony announced the covers you can get for the PS5 as well as new coloured controllers? I actually really like the range they have, although I do find the idea a bit odd. I remember I think one of the Xboxes, the 360(?) used it and it always seemed like a bit of a gimmick. Still, seems kinda cool. I’m thinking maybe of getting one of these covers, but at hte same time, no idea where I’d put the default white one since it takes up a decent amount of space. Not to mention I already have 2 white controllers and don’t see the point in getting anymore and I feel like it would clash a bit? Maybe that is just me.

4 Likes

Playstation Plus offerings for March 2022 are looking very nice (if you dont already own this stuff)

PS5 - GTA Online Standalone (march 10th)

PS5 - Ghostrunner

PS4+PS5 - Ghost of Tsushima: Legends Standalone (multiplayer mode)

PS4 - Team Sonic Racing

PS4 - Ark: Survival Evolved

I dont own Tsushima, and its on my wishlist… but im still deciding if I still want to get it for PS4, or wait until i can hypothetically buy a PS5 in 2 years lol
A taste of the gameplay through the Legends mode might tip the scales. I’ve heard it’s really good.

Multiplayer-centric games are always great free offerings for PS Plus, since normally you’d need to subscribe anyway to use most of their features, and buying it outright without being subbed already renders them useless. This case you’d only need to be subscribed to access it anyway.

1 Like

State of Play tomorrow, with a focus on games from Japanese publisher and a few updates on games from other parts of the world. (Would love some Stray news myself. :crossed_fingers:)

6 Likes

Guess I wasn’t the only one. :grin:

https://twitter.com/a_i/status/1501618344075554818?s=21

4 Likes

They’re adding co-op and something called Ascension to Returnal. :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh interesting.

The stream itself was a bunch of japan studios titles, but thats cool that they advertised a new Returnal update.
Seems the Ascension mode is called “Tower of Sisyphus”. A new 20-level challenge mode.

Also, related to this – turns out Returnal got the long-awaited save&quit feature (and photo mode) a couple months ago.

1 Like

Best thing for me is the Cowabunga Collection…i freaking love Turtles Tournament Fighters, I’d love to see a new Title :relaxed:

1 Like