The Sony Playstation Thread

I am not asking for a free console, I am asking for any console at all. Australia has had such a bad time procuring any and when someone does then they all get bought up online. If you buy online then chances are bots and everyone else just snatches them up.

this just sounds like microsoft rewards but worse - why is earning points for purchases locked behind ps plus. begging them to stop trying to play catch up with xbox on this sort of thing

2 Likes

Sound a lot like Nintendo’s Platinum/Gold points system. Extra digital points to redeem on $$$ Purchases and other small goodies. Really surprised Big N seemed to be ahead of the curve on that for once.

Agreed with Spods though that locking points-earned-in-purchases with PS+ is strange.

Not totally sure I like how they’re fostering the idea of speedrunning a platinum trophy with this system
Baaaad idea, gamers. Don’t do it.

or even be the first player to platinum a blockbuster title in your local time zone.

2 Likes

Well I found a temporary solution right now to my hard-drive problem.

I just swapped my current 2TB drive with the old 500GB drive that came with the PS4.

The loss of so much storage space is unfortunate, but manageable. I wasn’t using most of the drive anyway. Only had about ~700GB of data on it. But now comes the juggling game of large install sizes.
Such as: Hitman 3… Despite their good compression skills, Hitman 3 was still the 2nd biggest game on my system – around 77GB.

But my issue is fixed as far as I can tell! Tried one game of You Don’t Know Jack 2018, and I experienced no stutters, freezes, or audio/visual delays.
My dad says we do have some good external drives lying around so I can probably use one of those to keep a good storage size available.

3 Likes

Sony’s raising the price of a PS5 for a lot of you, effective immediately in most places.

Europe
    PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – €549.99
    PS5 Digital Edition – €449.99

UK
    PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – £479.99
    PS5 Digital Edition – £389.99

Japan (effective Sept. 15, 2022)
    PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥60,478 yen (including tax)
    PS5 Digital Edition – ¥49,478 yen (including tax)

China
    PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥4,299 yuan 
    PS5 Digital Edition – ¥3,499 yuan

Australia
    PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – AUD $799.95
    PS5 Digital Edition – AUD $649.95

Mexico
    PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – MXN $14,999
    PS5 Digital Edition – MXN $12,499

Canada
    PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – CAD $649.99
    PS5 Digital Edition – CAD $519.99
3 Likes

This would be devastating if Sony even had the PS5s to mark up.

2 Likes

Damn. It’s only increased 20$ here, but still… damn. Everywhere but the US wtf

The scalpers must be real happy now

1 Like

Sony needs to come up with $6bn fast :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Xbox better cause Xbox cheaper.

A reverse E3 2013 :laughing:

3 Likes

This equals 545 US and £480 = $551, so really the EU and UK are now just paying what the US market was already being charged. It’s $549 at Best Buy and Walmart in the US.

1 Like

I got mine from Sony Direct for $499, which is still what it’s listed for there and on Best Buy’s website. Walmart has a bunch listed at different inflated prices (up to $800), but they’re all from third party sellers.

All three have the version that is bundled with Horizon Forbidden West for $549, which is what I think you’re looking at.

1 Like

There will be a State of Play tomorrow at 11pm BST / 6pm ET. Twenty minutes of reveals and updates, featuring new gameplay for 10 upcoming games.

4 Likes

Should be interesting, just hours after Nintendo’s Direct as well.

2 Likes

Holy shoot, cool! Two streams in one day!

3 Likes

20 minutes until the stream!

Not holding out hope for Freelancer. I don’t see it happening here, today.
(And if that’s the case, unless IOI randomly drop a trailer for it late Sept., I don’t see it coming in October. I’m open to be proven wrong, however)

Expect Resident Evil 4 Remake. Playstation have been loving them so far

With Tokyo Game Show around the corner, it’s time to recognize the amazing contributions of Japanese game developers and studios around the world. Our next State of Play hits Tuesday, September 13 with about 20 minutes of updates and reveals for 10 games coming to PS5, PS4, and PS VR2.

2 Likes

Well, if the Nintendo Direct was the “farming JRPG Direct”, then this was the “3rd person action RPG State of Play”. God of War Ragnarok is looking slick, I really need to get around to playing the last one. Is it wrong I’m looking forward to Tekken 8 purely to see how the story progresses? I’m very interested after watching this video which summed up a bit of the Tekken lore and how batshit insane it is.

2 Likes

It’s my month, so I swapped my PS4 theme back to this: the best one on the store. :+1: (Pollo Illuminati)


Relevant music

EDIT: so …now that I randomly own a PS5, the old console is kinda irrelevant.
RIP this and many other themes I’ve grown fond of over the course of the PS4’s life :cry: I’m gonna miss them.

2 Likes

I’ve only had time to dust behind the TV tonight and plug in the necessary wires to the PS5 to boot it up (thankfully it can use the same HDMI and tangled up Ethernet cable as my PS4), but I’ll fiddle with settings and see about doing the data transfer tomorrow.

I also booted up Astro’s Playroom just to see the first minute or two, and man, the controller has some seriously good motors in it!
It can vibrate as normal, vibrate in a sequence, do an impressive forceful right/left/up/down “chug” in one direction. It’s cool!!

4 Likes

PlayStation’s yearly wrap-up is available (a couple of weeks too early, in my old-man opinion :angry:).

For the first time in a few years, Hitman isn’t at the top of my list, though it’s not far behind, since I seem to have split my time fairly evenly. (And, for the record, exactly none of my GTA time was spent in the cesspool that is GTA Online.)

3 Likes