The Sony Playstation Thread

20 minutes until the stream!

Not holding out hope for Freelancer. I don’t see it happening here, today.
(And if that’s the case, unless IOI randomly drop a trailer for it late Sept., I don’t see it coming in October. I’m open to be proven wrong, however)

Expect Resident Evil 4 Remake. Playstation have been loving them so far

With Tokyo Game Show around the corner, it’s time to recognize the amazing contributions of Japanese game developers and studios around the world. Our next State of Play hits Tuesday, September 13 with about 20 minutes of updates and reveals for 10 games coming to PS5, PS4, and PS VR2.

2 Likes

Well, if the Nintendo Direct was the “farming JRPG Direct”, then this was the “3rd person action RPG State of Play”. God of War Ragnarok is looking slick, I really need to get around to playing the last one. Is it wrong I’m looking forward to Tekken 8 purely to see how the story progresses? I’m very interested after watching this video which summed up a bit of the Tekken lore and how batshit insane it is.

2 Likes

It’s my month, so I swapped my PS4 theme back to this: the best one on the store. :+1: (Pollo Illuminati)

Relevant music

EDIT: so …now that I randomly own a PS5, the old console is kinda irrelevant.
RIP this and many other themes I’ve grown fond of over the course of the PS4’s life :cry: I’m gonna miss them.

2 Likes

I’ve only had time to dust behind the TV tonight and plug in the necessary wires to the PS5 to boot it up (thankfully it can use the same HDMI and tangled up Ethernet cable as my PS4), but I’ll fiddle with settings and see about doing the data transfer tomorrow.

I also booted up Astro’s Playroom just to see the first minute or two, and man, the controller has some seriously good motors in it!
It can vibrate as normal, vibrate in a sequence, do an impressive forceful right/left/up/down “chug” in one direction. It’s cool!!

4 Likes

PlayStation’s yearly wrap-up is available (a couple of weeks too early, in my old-man opinion :angry:).

For the first time in a few years, Hitman isn’t at the top of my list, though it’s not far behind, since I seem to have split my time fairly evenly. (And, for the record, exactly none of my GTA time was spent in the cesspool that is GTA Online.)

3 Likes

Ah can say the same, though there’s no surprise that 3 of my top 5 are all racing games! :racing_car:

:arrow_up: 3rd and 4th are respectively NFS: Heat and the recently released Unbound.

And I received a racing-themed avatar, which is pretty neat!

4 Likes

Arkham Knight is technically my top game this year, with 119 hours on it compared to 117 on Hitman 3 this year. However, I just finished up yet another playthrough of Arkham Knight and probably won’t touch it again for a few months, whereas I’ll definitely still play Hitman 3 more this year, especially now that I have some free time to get through the large backlog of Featured Contracts (I haven’t completed a batch since the Heat Stroke ones in June)

I’m surprised I did 76 hours in Hitman 2 this year since I was just cleaning up challenges I didn’t get done before getting Hitman 3. The 76 hours in Hitman 2016 is more understandable since this year I did all the challenges on Marrakesh-Hokkaido (including everything but the Patient Zero missions) and all challenges on Professional difficulty on Paris and Sapienza. Honestly I’m surprised it’s not higher than 76 hours. Also, I played 54 more hours of Hitman 3 on one of my alt accounts this year, where I did all the challenges on the main Hitman 3 levels and about a third of the Hitman 3 escalations.

I think Freelancer could make Hitman 3 my definitive top-played game of 2023, especially if they continue supporting the game with a Year 3 of stuff as well.

2 Likes

Welp, 47 reigns supreme once more. Much less in terms of hours compared to last year, but it’s still #1.
I’m very surprised I’ve got No Man’s Sky in my top 5. Though I guess I did return to that game earlier this year and start another fresh playthrough, kinda got deep into it, even just the introductory missions.

I’ve done a very good job of keeping myself from being sucked into Fortnite FOMO this year, as I only played 39 hours total of it compared to 195 from last year!! So that’s good.

Cool to see what your very first trophy was. Mine was from Little Big Planet on 11-11-2011!

2 Likes

The free avatar codes are universal, btw, and people have posted them all:

US/NA codes:
C5CD-C2NJ-R239 Wrap-up 2022 avatar

BA5N-RNNE-P3EK Shooter avatar

CPDR-JFN9-TJA2 Action-Adventure avatar

2LJB-8JND-4H9G Sports avatar

H75N-8HNP-H5EP Fighting avatar

MNNX-CXNG-L6GB Racing avatar

EU Codes:
XJAK-XHN5-J6NQ Wrap-up 2022 avatar

E2EC-A4NE-NK8C Shooter avatar

G82P-9GN6-LX56 Action-Adventure avatar

4NAG-MQN6-B3FG Sports avatar

88QQ-GPN2-C4JB Fighting avatar

MKQG-B9N7-H3KE Racing avatar

2 Likes

Scrolling up to last year, I had 631 hours - so I’ve now played this game for a total of 1,138 hours. :grimacing:

5 Likes
2 Likes

If anyone wants a new spooky profile picture, KJP released global codes for DS2’s new spooky BB Pod (with octopus inside)
EDIT: It’s actually 4 pictures: BB Bubble, Half arms, Full arms, and Empty.

AMERICAS --  PRKT-2QNQ-DH4X
EMEA -- EHNA-6MNB-PGL5
ASIA -- CRBA-GKNP-J9EK 
JAPAN -- JP2J-A5NG-PT2F
KOREA -- 3D86-9PNF-KABQ
1 Like

On May 9th, The PS5-exclusive Playstation Plus Collection will no longer be accessible.
(This is a collection of 19 highly-rated first and third-party PS4 games for PS+ users, reportedly offered as a “launch bonus” to early PS5 adopters – but shortages made them extend the promo for a while)

If you claim them before May 9th, you can still download and play them to your heart’s content, as long as you are subscribed (or re-subscribed) to PS+

3 Likes

That was fast.

New State of Play on Thursday at 4pm Eastern / 9pm GMT. Updates for some third-party games, 5 PSVR2 game reveals and 15 minutes on Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.

5 Likes

Battlefield 2042 (PS4/5), Minecraft Dungeons (PS4) and Code Vein (PS4) will be the free March games for Ps Plus.

I nearly bought 2042 for 20$ two days ago, but decided to wait to see if it would ever drop lower.
Free is great! (Especially if its tied to the online-required-subscription too, since it would be useless without Plus anyway)

6 Likes

The abstract human-lemmings game Humanity is going for a day-1 release in the May PSPlus monthly catalog.

It will also be the first PSVR2 compatible game released for free with the subscription.

I love this ad

I played the demo and it was good weird puzzley fun

4 Likes

Sony’s finally going to start selling the Spider-Man remaster on it’s own without having to go through Miles Morales. It’ll be $10 for the upgrade if you already own the PS4 version, $50 if you don’t.

And they’re putting out a prequel comic to Spider-Man 2 for Free Comic Book Day this Saturday, available at participating comic book stores and for download on Marvel’s website and app.

3 Likes

Ooh! That’s great, and its any of the previous PS4 versions, not just the GOTY version with all the DLC.
It’ll only be a digital PS5 release it seems so the PS4 still has it beat with that :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be very glad to pick it up at ~13$CAD for that instead of a 25$ish for the MM “upgrade”

3 Likes

PlayStation Showcase next Wednesday, the 24th, at 9pm BST / 4pm EDT / 1pm PDT.

The show will run a bit over an hour, focusing on PS5 and PS VR2 games in development from top studios from around the world. Expect a glimpse at several new creations from PlayStation Studios, as well as spellbinding games from our third-party partners and indie creators.

3 Likes