- The Unofficial Lucas Grey Fanclub -

Thank you for the clarification! Yes, some of them look very similar and the details of the clothes are similar, too, so in the first moment I thought they were all the same. Good to know that’s not the case!

Sometimes I like to think Lucas Grey never died and him and 47 retired after the Carpathian Mountains and they meet up to compare explosives and their favourite hits

10 Likes

Most of new trilogy’s story makes my head hurt. I started skipping the cut-scenes after the ‘truth’ serum was applied – after which I ‘applied’ some gin and tonic.

5 Likes

Yeah the story pretty much just sucks

1 Like

I think the idea was to have 47 as the perfect clone, hence he couldn’t age.

6 isn’t perfect (sorry @Mini) so he ages normally.

At least that’s how I always interpreted it.

3 Likes

I think he’s not perfect for Ort-Meyers standard. Grey is basically one year older than 47 and one of Ort-Meyers early clones, so he was kinda the prototype, while 47 is the consummate perfection.

And I guess that’s why Grey has facial and body hair and ages more visible than 47: because Ort-Meyer didn’t perfected that when he created Grey.

But still, Grey has extraordinary skills like 47 and he doesn’t look like a man his age. But he’s not as perfect as 47 and he is aware of that (like he says in the Legacy cinematic “you were always the best”).

5 Likes

Speaking of the cinematic. Grey’s speech sounded epic back in 2016, but now when the whole story’s been revealed I feel there are some discrepancies?

Do you realize what kind of world you’ve been shaping, does the ICA? I have felt the consequences, I have felt the cost, that’s what defines me.” - the first part would imply that unknowingly 47 has been helping Providence to gain power or something, which is not the case? And the second part is completely baffling as 47 is the victim of Providence just like Grey, so obviously no reason for Grey to say that he suffered consequences of 47’s actions :thinking:

Can anyone explain, interpret correctly or retcon this for me :thinking: ?

4 Likes

It’s in reference to him shaping a World of Assassination.

See this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkrUJJgQAaY

Also narrated by Grey. I think he’s referencing the consequences of his own actions, nevermind 47’s actions.

5 Likes

Well it kinda is. I mean till Colorado he and Diana didn’t know about Providence and that Soders was part of it. And who knows how many people they killed who were in the way for Providence (like Dianas parents).

I think Grey refers here to Providence, not 47. Unlike 47, he remembers at that point what Providence did to him and what kind of a person that made him. So he’s speaking about the consequences he suffered from Providence’s actions, not 47s, but 47 still had an impact on these actions (unknowingly) like I said above.

3 Likes

Not really? Providence was already at the power for decades when they created 47 and 6. Even if 47 was helping Providence, he simply maintained the status quo and therefore didn’t “change” or “shape” the world.

We might have known though if writers elaborated on this matter. The Summer Bonus missions might have been on behalf of Providence, or rather theirs assets. Some missions from classic games might have been retroactively given a new angle of benefitting Providence in some way (Beldingfords weren’t selling a company’s shares, to-be mayor of Rotterdam was backed by some corporate or criminal power… whatever)

The way it’s worded though. “You don’t realize what world you’ve been shaping, but I’ve seen the consequences”

:man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

I still enjoy the storyline but yea, there are some holes :joy:.

@Swangtheugly because 47 has a better facial moisturiser routine and he does botox.

2 Likes

Today I did a playlist with songs that remind me of Grey. Not songs that I think he would necessarily listen to himself, just songs that remind me of him because of the lyrics or my interpretation of them. If you like, you can check it out here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: There aren’t many songs yet, I will update the playlist from time to time :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Soooo… me and some others from or little but loyal Grey fandom wondered what Greys birthdate is. I once asked @Travis_IOI if he could tell us the correct date, maybe there is an update? :face_holding_back_tears: We would love to know this date to celebrate Greys birthday, just as we can celebrate 47s and Dianas birthdays!

We have this very blurry version of his (fake) ID from the dead ends cutscene, but it is almost impossible to read the birthdate.

I tried to make it more readable, but all I can suggest is january. Someone else said it’s january 23, 1964. It would make sense though, because he was created before 47.

But it would be so cool to know his actual birthday! Is there any possibility to get a none blurred version of his ID or to get the actual date? :point_right::point_left:

10 Likes

If anybody wants this Hitman Contracts/Blood Money style render of Lucas Grey here you go. I had a lot of fun messing around with various face bases and using different apps but I think he really resembles 47 in this instance but still looks like himself.

I also have a bigger HQ version that shows off more of the picture PM if anybody wants that.

This is one of the reference photos I used.

A Lucas Grey Prequel would be interesting… maybe with a slightly bigger emphasis on gunplay and covert military operations. Like Metal Gear Solid but more grounded in reality.

10 Likes

Yes we need to play Lucas Grey’s Johannesburg mission.

6 Likes

This is so cool :heart_eyes: It’s like Grey in the early 2000s when he was in his late 30s/ early 40s, being a mercenary. I would love to see more of his past, and playing these missions would be so interesting!

Thank you for sharing this with us :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I have an idea for a mission or mission(s) in this location. Sometime after the main story, 47 has to infiltrate Ether HQ for a reason I am not creative enough to come up with. This mission would play out like any other mission in the world of assassination trilogy, with 47 infiltrating Ether HQ and its surrounding streets and homes, Diana as his handler etc. However on the flip side, a Bonus mission where we play as Lucas Grey in a 2019 version of the map with Olivia as his handler.

It would be one heck of an Awesome way to end the WOA content and say goodbye to Lucas Grey in a dignified and fulfilling way.

6 Likes

@Combatglue

As the official and only speaker of The Unofficial Lucas Grey Fanclub, there is only one question that is driving me since Hitman 2 came out and perhaps you are the one now who can shed some light on the darkness?

We all know 47s and Dianas birth date but not Greys and I would love to know it :face_holding_back_tears: and I know some other people who would also love to know. We even tried to find out because we know it is shows in his passport in the Dead Ends cutscene, but it is sooo blurry! I am almost sure it says January 1st 1963, but maybe there is a possibility to finally confirm this?

IMG_0714

This is really the only thing I want to know (no, that’s a lie, there is a whole bunch of stuff, but I am polite and will not bother you with any other questions :sweat_smile: it’s embarrassing enough for me to ask for this :see_no_evil:)

8 Likes

As the person who runs annual events to celebrate the characters’ birthdays, I can confirm there’s demand for this information. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

give us johanosberg mission io

2 Likes