So yeah, it adjusts the reflection depending on your location. At least these ones you can notice what they reflect with ease, like the window of the balcony and the towels but the Sapienza ones showcase what looks like the main square even through the screenshot wasn’t taken overlooking such location. Weird.
I genuinely hope IO don´t remove this (and if it´s a bug, just nerf it or at least keep the ability to switch to shockwave rounds). It´s at least some compensation for still not having a proper winter sandbox to use it in (and making it worth the grind)
Did you do it during the evacuation or otherwise? The only time I did so (during the former), it was such a spontaneous chaotic bulletstorm that I wasn´t paying attention to what she´s saying
Also, has anyone checked (via Contracts) if the handler (Jiao, I believe) is in Chongqing?
Yes I did! If you wanna make it a SA/SO way and make sure to get all, just KO Thermaine or however he is called, who is the agent you gotta kill with the crane to complete a challenge. Go kill the rest and come back to kill this fella as your 5th elimination. All the other agents will try to escape using the road next to his location and there you can kill them all.
It’s been like that for years, but a patch came out after about a year of H2 that made it even more distinct; people said I was seeing things but I tracked down a video from an Xbox player at launch and it was indeed not as bright as post-patch
What IO should have done/do to make playing Sniper Assassin “worth it” is fix the issue with the Arctic, but then introduce a new challenge into the game so that when you get to Mastery 20 in all three SA levels, you get a sniper rifle that has nerfed wall piercing bullets and the explosive ammo.
It gives people a reason to play SA and to grind the mastery in them (the fact there was no reason was a common complaint with Himmelstein/Hantu Port), while not completely removing the explosive ammo from the main game which is hilariously fun.
Just gave it a go. That extra line from Jiao makes the whole thing even cooler than it already was (sadly she says it before she checks up on the last one, which kills the moment a bit…)
There’s a reflection probe above the well in Villa Caruso, basically a camera, and anything with a reflection (that doesn’t need an accurate one like a mirror) just shows the view from the probe at whatever angle you’re looking. They scatter these probes around the level & use different ones depending on where you are, so it always looks kinda-but-not-quite right.
Was toying around with the alpha, and found out the sneaking animation now is 1:1 of the old Alpha animation. Also the new aiming animation for the fussili rifle is also from the Alpha.
Well that’s weird. I got the old animation for the Shashka33 in Dubai (while being disguised as penthouse guards). I’m playing of PS4 though. Will check in a future playthrough.