Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

Thank you!
I knew i wasn’t going crazy.
In a recent playthrough of Hokkaido i was looking everywhere for rat poison & could have sworn I’d found some there in (2016) but for the life of me i couldn’t find it this time.

Also a recent discovery but there’s some in the cabinet in 47’s bathroom. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Oh yeah the cabinet! Forgot about that. I never bring the lockpick for Hokkaido haha

5 Likes

Yeah, there’s no reason to bring a lockpick to the map. Most doors are slide doors and electronically locked. And since H2, you can unlock those cabinets with a crowbar anyway.

4 Likes

There are actually 3. One in kitchen, on in garage, and one (along with 2 coins) in 47’s cabinet. On that note, there is no legal way to open cabinets in Hokkaido - you have to use lockpick or crowbar.

8 Likes

I could swear that there’s an NPC who drops a key to at least the cabinet on the top floor where all the doctors’ offices are.

1 Like

I made sure the guard that checks around the bush got the coin and placed a micro-remote explosive on the bridge. When ready, detonate the explosive, then the guard will go to check the spot and 47 exits from within the mansion.

This was posted about somewhere else… :thinking:

Here.

2 Likes

Ah very cool. I must’ve missed when it was posted the first time around. Though maybe I just ignored it because it didn’t contain “triggers proximity based events” which is what really caught my eye with this.

3 Likes

Was there ever a manhole exit behind the pizza delivery boy in Berlin? Or did I dream that?

There was, but the exit was bugged somehow iirc

4 Likes

Probably best they got rid of it seeing as how it’s right beside the scooter and motorbike exits. RIP manhole. We hardly knew ye!

3 Likes

I’ll say. First time I played Berlin I hid an agent’s body down that hole. I miss it.

6 Likes

I wonder if you can use this to have Rico go lay in his tattoo chair? I believe it would set up a decent sniper shot.

I don’t think so. It isn’t just dependent on 47 being nearby, but 47 in the P-Power Disguise.

Maybe a coin carried by an NPC and then the player dresses as P-Power somewhere else?

1 Like

It was bugged. Whenever you opened it with the crowbar and pressed the “exit” button, the game would set the score, rating, time etc, basically everything an exit point should do except actually exiting the level - the player would still be on the level free to do whatever they want. To properly exit the level you’d need to use any other exit point. The fastest way to do that would be shooting the delivery guy, grabbing his keys and stealing his bike. The non-target kill and any other crime would not be punished, because game already thinks you exited the level via the manhole. This lead to clickbaits “This exit allows to kill non-targets without losing SA” even though it wasn’t completely truthful. Seemingly being unable to remove the bug, developers removed the exit point altogether.

5 Likes

I was assuming you’d still have to be dressed as P Power and then either toss the coin into the office or maybe give it to the wife. I’ll try it out this weekend (=

Please report back with results. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will do! I’m still salty there is no way to get P-Power to go do the tattoo himself. You should be able to buy him a few drinks (maybe hard booze instead of the beer he’s drinking) or find him some blow. Then 47 could have a nice chat with him in the process and coax him into going to do his job with some terrible line like “I wouldn’t worry. Something tells me he will be dead before you are.”

2 Likes

Yeah, I always wanted a “the bartender as a psychologist” sequence where you (dressed as the bartender) manage to talk P-Power into going. Deeply disappointing, :confused:

Either way, I now did something that I’ve (for some reason) never done before and snuck into Rico’s office as P-Power, and it does trigger the sequence of events, so putting the coin on the guard in that office, or hiding it on the balcony might actually work.

2 Likes

I am of the opinion that every one of those scripted unique kills should allow 47 to trigger the scripting without actually doing it himself. Just like you can make the painter complete the Rangan painting himself, you should be able to get the detective to solve the murder, get P-Power to do the tattoo, make the initiate finish the coin finding thing, etc.

Much like 47 making Janus’ day, 47 should be able to be the good guy who just helps every NPC have their best day if we want.

10 Likes

Definitely, and most especially with H2 kills. Get the master of ceremonies to burn the Phoenix and all 47 had to do is rig the door against Zoe, get Jebediah Block to meet with Sophia and just move behind her and shove her into the Iron Maiden when she’s there.

2 Likes