Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

Elusive Target Arcade may or may not be your cup of tea but, without it, I’d have never known about these two:

Who are also hunting The Censor from the house next door with the sniper nest treehouse.

And I certainly never would’ve been able to start shipping them! :joy:

19 Likes

I guess I’m always going to point this out, but the season 3 episode of The Blacklist, titled “Cape May”, likely unintentionally, is like watching the Wrath escalation from the 7DS take place on tv. The main character (in this case he had a partner), holed up in a large house with an army of mooks with guns about to swarm the place, and traps have to be set that involve explosions and electrocutions, mooks being pushed off balconies (in the exact same motion that they’re pushed off in Hitman), and lots of guns going off, until there are none left. How much of this is just overused tropes and coincidence, and how much did this show inspire the direction WoA ended up taking?

1 Like

There was that one episode… I think it was after Elizabeth had “died” or Tom was killed… Anyway, she finds an injured guy who made his way onto her property in a forest up north and tries to nurse him back to health, then… Well, if you haven’t seen it yet - that’s a pretty good one. Lots of “Accidental Kills” in that one (if we’re going to discuss how it relates to Hitman in any way).

1 Like

Oh yeah, that one too!

One of the NPC from Ambrose Island is actually a Jarawa Tribe from Andaman Islands

Images Taken from these Web Pages

Hitman 3 - Ambrose Island (Location Reveal Trailer) | PS5 & PS4 Games - YouTube
“We don’t need your world”: The Jarawa people’s fight for self-determination

13 Likes

Does that count as a leak? By “leak” I mean revealing information that wasn’t made known by official sources. But, I guess it’s not too bad.

I wonder if I should stay off the forum until next week to see the IO roadmap? :thinking:

Edit: Thanks thrison!

2 Likes

Roadmap is out. IO ended up releasing it after the trailer was mistakenly released.

9 Likes

Something I learned today is the menu will show an older, still active ET if you’ve completed the more recent one.

This is nice, but I think it should be that it always displays the one with the shortest time remaining or have the active ETs cycle like the Escalations and Featured Contracts that are left cycle on the menu

10 Likes

Was just doing a casual run through of the entire trilogy storyline, and have just found out that when you go into the tornado shelter - the game no longer plays a tiny cutscene with 47 walking into the room and the door closing behind him trapping him in that room. This makes it possible to complete the optional objective to enter the tornado shelter before killing all the targets.

I don’t remember this being part of the Colorado exits change in H2 (I’m pretty sure I remember 47 still getting “locked” in the room). Anyone know when this changed?

6 Likes

No idea when that was changed. But I too noticed it recently, when I was doing an ET. (Had to do a mad-dash to the exit because guards were on my tail)

Also, since when has that basement looked so bright? The lightbulb at the bottom of the stairs was on and that looked new to me.

1 Like

They made it so that exiting via the basement wasn’t a requirement and they player could exit at any of the others one might use in, say, contracts. But one might still have to use that exit if it’s the first time they’re playing it.

Kind of like how you’d not need to delete the ICA database after the 1st time playing it.

2 Likes

You need to check out my dialogue videos. :wink:

I’ve timestamped the dialogue you mentioned: Not the only ones hunting The Censor

2 Likes

That’s not what I was saying. Previously you couldn’t access the tornado shelter, if you wanted to use it, until all four targets were dead because during the small cutscene of 47 scanning Sean Rose’s face/mask and 47 walking in, the door to the tornado shelter would close behind him and you couldn’t leave the room.

Now you can scan the face/mask and access the room at any stage and are able to leave the room as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, that was changed in H2 to meet fan demand at the basement not being a requirement. The first playthrough requires it, then all plays after make the basement optional, including when you can enter it. It carried over to H3.

:sweat_smile: I might do that one day, especially because that seems very time consuming your part. I do like to (at least try to) find things for myself first, get the gist of it, and then see the full things online. Particularly for things like Hitman, it’s a little more magical that way. :grin:

(and Brian DOES have a “forgettable, normal face”)

1 Like

I just found out you can exit on the train in Mumbai without changing rails whenever it passes normally.

7 Likes

While making my Featured Contract submission yesterday I discovered that the Black Almond’s Dagger can’t be placed down anywhere.

4 Likes

I just found out that in Mumbai there is a very quick way to get the Maelstrom’s photo (all you suit only fanatics will like this) Start off on the skywalk. As soon as you stop leaning, head left until you see the woman scolding the man for calling the Maelstrom a hero. Opposite them you can walk onto a tin roof. Down the stairs from this roof is a man boasting on his phone about how he managed to snap a photo of the Maelstrom. Lure him into his apartment with the alarm clock, and there you go. A quick way to get that pesky picture.

22 Likes

That guy is my go to method for getting the Maelstrom’s picture!

7 Likes

I can’t believe I’ve been missing him for 4 years!

6 Likes