Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

I just found out that not only there are actual chandelier physics in New York, but, it also differs on impact with the use of different items:

21 Likes

Nice find! Thanks for that. It´s a neat bit of dialogue but I had to turn off both music and effects volume to even hear what they´re saying. Completely missable otherwise :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes, I also had to turn off everything and I was using headphones. Without this it’s very hard to hear them :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I wonder if it would be possible to “launch” chandeliers that have physics to somewhere completely different. In New York it wouldn’t be that useful, but it could have an application somewhere

2 Likes

Yes, @CHAOS_AGENT_45 did it time ago. It was brilliant.

Skip to 2:55 for the kill.

16 Likes

In Isle of Sgail - the door that is outside the glass bridge that leads to the building where Janus is below and the constant goes to visit the butler… The Keep(?).

I was playing The Stowaway ET. I wanted to do something different, something involving a sniper rifle. Jimmy was up on the floor where the “snowglobes” are. His route has him stop by a buddha (head) statue. So I figured if I could get a straight line to a PT next to the statue I could shoot it from the Keep.

To do this I’d need that door to be opened. It will not open after being shot with a Sniper Rifle, it will not stay open if you shoot something explosive next to it. I even tried using a DAX/Uzi gun on it - but NOTHING! And that got me compromised by a Raider to my lower right - so I had to restart.

So I’m not sure if this is a bug or just an extra special door.

I ended up serving him poisoned whatever. :yawning_face:

Edit: Maybe I’ll retry it in ET Arcade, but try a breaching charge on it to see if that keeps it open.

4 Likes

In Carpathian Mountains Lucas Grey, only in this location appears how NPC.

1 Like

This is off-topic, but your trials and tribulations with the door reminded me of a similar ordeal I had with a fence in MGSV a while back. I wanted to exfiltrate an outpost via a different route by destroying a fence, only to find out that it cannot be destroyed by explosives, rockets, or crashing vehicles into it. For such a fantastic systemic game, this really came as a nasty unpleasant surprise :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Small detail, but that I just found out about.
I was replaying the special assignments, and took more time to explore the level change. That’s when I stumbled upon this in A Better Pill :

Apparently the Atlantide scam paid well. Cartoonishly well. “Let’s use a prop made for a cartel headquarter and a bank to show how much” well.

27 Likes

Considering how paranoid Vholes was, that’s probably literally all his money, both from Atlantide and other scams he’s probably pitched online; he likely didn’t trust banks. It makes a bit more sense if you consider that to be every dollar he has.

2 Likes

I’m not saying he’s laundering money, per se, but that sort of image has been in other media before…

11 Likes

How did you know about that?! :grimacing:

1 Like

4 Likes

Wondering why wouldn’t he hide them in attic, next to bed it looks kinda ridicilous (also, attic is
shamefully empty).

1 Like

Probably wasn’t thought of, also since these bonus contracts in Hitman 2 were originally meant to be just elusive Targets, they probably didn’t spend THAT much time on them in general.

4 Likes

Fixed that for you :joy:

3 Likes

They spent so little time that only 2 of the 4 have unique models :pensive:

2 Likes

Not to mention that some of the briefings (at least embrace the serpent) still have the elusive target logo in them.

Speaking of the worst mission in the entire trilogy (and possibly in the top 10 worst missions in the entire franchise). Embrace the serpent is so poorly designed even if it WAS an elusive target mission. I’m assuming that if they did actually release it as an elusive target they would have put fewer guards in the area but even still, there is no real freedom in how you approach that mission.

5 Likes

I like it, but for me it’s really a “one time and I’m never playing again it for months” thing which is just like an ET

4 Likes

Embrace of the Serpent is the only mission I have never replayed.

4 Likes