Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

I’m sorry, but…

“It is not such a thing as ‘American English’. It’s just an English and the incorrect pronunciation of it”
© Jimi King

2 Likes

There are some other differences besides how words such as centre, colour, or gaol are spelled. We are two countries divided by a common language :joy:

Bin is the most obvious example. In the UK rubbish goes into a bin. You can even use the word bin as a verb to mean discard of something. “Shall I bin that for you?” <<this sentence would not be widely understood and might even be confusing in the US as we throw away our trash into a trash can. There’s lots of funny videos on YouTube about things we don’t understand from each other’s version of English. The Wikipedia has lots of it too.

2 Likes

Agent 47 narrates mission story intel in Mendoza. This is probably common knowledge but a lot of us play with the hints off so I just found out.

It was really cool hearing 47 work through an opportunity himself, wish we got more of that. We spend so much time in the mind of a killer but it was cool to put the voice to it.

14 Likes

Yea that was cool! My fav part of absolution was all the 47 dialogue in his journal or whatever it was. Well that plus it was set in my home town.

7 Likes

Is Blackwater Park a real Building, or at least based on a real building in Chicago?

I’d have to go back and look at the outside of it to see if it was heavily inspired by a specific building or not. The elevated tracks level was so well done that I’m sure the IO team came to visit Chicago and looked at some of our “L” stops. Also Terminus and library were clearly copied of the buildings one Dearborn St. I posted photos of the actual buildings on the old forum. I’m at work but I’ll look at the black water thing tonight and get back to you.

4 Likes

It’s inspired by the Tribune Tower which is a very old building next to the Wrigley Building (which is also old).

13 Likes

Awesome, i love this architecture :blush:

2 Likes

In the Deceivers, The Guru’s client/victim is called Keith Keeble, and this is how he looks

So if you look in base Sapienza (aka World of Tomorrow) there are actually two NPCs with this model

One is by the town hall: Pedro Busquets
The other is by the beach: Rinaldo Cattaneo
But no Keith Keebles

So if you look back in The Deceivers then Pedro Busquets is completely gone (presumably repurposed into Keebles). However, Rinaldo is still there but he’s had a makeover

He has exactly the same route. But IO has taken the time to change his clothes, hair colour, and eyesight

Well there you go, that’s my pointless information for the day

27 Likes

I found out that the key of the lavatory that opens the Foreman’s house (in Mumbai) is loacted in a jar located by this door.
(Like the mansion’s key in Hawke’s Bay).

1 Like

So the Midnight Black Suit is literally the opposite of the White Shadow.

Is there anywhere else where the Midnight Black Suit is allowed but every other suit is Trespassing?

2 Likes

Random thing but just noticed the lead pipe is no longer an illegal item. Not even in Master difficulty.

7 Likes

I quite enjoy this kind of thing, although I haven’t tried Mendoza with the Midnight Black suit yet.

I personally think that certain very strange suits (like the White Shadow and the Buccaneer) should quite rightly have a few restrictions added to them! It would make more sense though for that black suit with the black tie to be the one that allows you into restricted areas, since it is basically bodyguard attire.

2 Likes

Well, a lot of the disguises involving suits don’t make sense when you stop to think about them. Like in Chongqing: 47 can freely roam around the data center as a data analyst if he wears a yellow tie, but gets shot on sight if he wears a red tie.

One thing I wish the World of Assassination trilogy had was the ability to blend in to places or “disguise” yourself while still wearing your normal suit. For example, in “A House of Cards” in Blood Money, 47 could pretend to be Hendrik Schmutz when meeting Al-Khalifa while still wearing his suit; he didn’t actually have to take Hendrik Schmutz’s outfit. That makes logical sense: Schmutz and Al-Khalifa never met, so how would Al-Khalifa know if Schmutz was a suit guy or a leather jacket & jeans guy?

Too bad this feature has never been expanded upon. It doesn’t seem like it’d be too hard to implement, either. Like in Chongqing - have 47 steal an access card or name badge that would then allow him to “disguise” himself as a data analyst while still wearing his normal suit.

9 Likes

It kind of works like that in the embassy in Marrakesh IIRC, though there are many enforcers.

7 Likes

I like to think the entire ICA know 47 but have limited knowledge. They only know 47’s appearance by his default suits (everything from classic suit, to Florida Fit, to clown outfit, ect).

When they see a man in a yellow tie they think it can’t be 47 because it doesn’t match their description.

3 Likes

ICA Guards: “Hmm, we vaguely know that 47 is a bald man with a barcode on his head that wears a black suit with a red tie. This man is bald with a barcode on his head, but he’s wearing a dark gray suit with a yellow tie. That certainly can’t be 47. Impossible!”

18 Likes

The way people describe 47 is:

BALD MAN WITH THING ON BACK NECK

2 Likes

The guards in the security room in Delgado’s mansion are following the Miami Race. Strange to see Sierra Knox on the screen, given that SF takes place after Miami (or maybe they’re watching a re-run?):

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s just a weird bit of AI programming. Since I was wearing the Suave Summer Suit once, got spotted and then overheard a civilian telling a guard that I was a bald guy in a black suit with a red tie. It was a very WTF moment for me.

1 Like