TV Show Discussion Thread

Even worse with the DVD releases. Often if you were collecting New Who through DVD releases, a few of the Christmas episodes would wind up getting orphaned since the BBC tended to do Doctor Who DVD releases quite quickly after broadcast. I really wish they’d just do something like a “David Tennant collection”, “Matt Smith collection” etc for ease. I do feel confident though in Disney+ getting the full New Who collection though at least.

1 Like

Those do exist, they were just released years after the fact. They have Eccleston and Tennant together (they, like me, subconsciously consider 9 and 10 to be one continuous run), Smith, and Capaldi. I assume they’ll have Whittaker at some point as well.

1 Like

Shows how out of touch I am. That’s good, definetly the best way to own those series. The Collection for Classic Who is really good too, although I’m guessing they won’t do Seasons 3, 4, 5 due to the missing episodes. Hopefully in a couple more years the range will be a bit more complete and comprehensible.

1 Like

They’re doing Season 2 despite the missing episodes of The Crusades.

1 Like

Finally!

This could possibly be an adaptation of The Sum of All Fears (though obviously not one that stays close to the source).

This might be a weird one. In production since before the Ukraine war, this seems to involve “the Russians”. We’ll see how it plays.

Big fan of the first two seasons.

5 Likes
3 Likes

All these new Star Trek series that have been coming out over the last few years, can’t one of them finally give us an answer about where the hell that damn whale probe came from in the fourth movie? It’s been long enough.

Awww :frowning:
He did a really good job as Geralt. I did not thought an actor could fit the character after playing Witcher 3 for quite some time, but Cavill managed to do that. I did not pay attention to the “Superman guy” before but I sure do now after that.
Impossible to imagine how Hemsworth will perform it. I’m gonna try to be optimistic.

3 Likes

Especially since he said he was a fan of the Witcher games and books

4 Likes

Apparently they were going to announce it next week, but the HBO Max app put the release date for The Last of Us up early…and it’s not all that far off. :smiley:

5 Likes

It’s true, they just announced it now with a really cool poster

5 Likes

About damn time. :smiley:

Apparently, this one slipped out early, too, with a premature tweet from the DC Comics official account. :grin:

5 Likes

I dunno if anyone is still watching Andor but it’s about to explode. I am really enjoying seeing a lot more of the inner workings of the empire pre Death Star 1 destruction. I can’t wait for next week. Denise Gough has really convinced me with her performance too. She’s the perfect shrewd, heartless, imperial intelligence officer.

1 Like

An official teaser trailer has just dropped for the upcoming Witcher prequel: Blood Origin, due to release on 25 December this year. I’m liking the look of it.

1 Like

Bill Burr live at Redrocks. It’s on netflicks. Funniest, most irreverent thing I have seen in years. Absolutely hilarious and incredible.

1 Like

Outer Range is a mess of a show that doesn’t really know what it wants to be. It tries so hard to be “mysterious” and “quirky” that it seems to mistake being obtuse for being profound. It wastes the talents of its cast, Josh Brolin and Lili Taylor especially, and it wastes what could be an intriguing premise (rancher Brolin finds a “mysterious” hole with “mysterious” properties on his land) because it doesn’t know what to do with it.

And to top it all off, half the show takes place at night and some idiot decided to just not bother lighting those scenes. At all. So for half the show, I literally couldn’t see what the hell was happening. Which is actually a pretty good metaphor for how I felt about the overall show.

4 Likes

I’ve watched the first half-dozen or so episodes of the Quantum Leap reboot. It’s not quite as good as the original, but it’s pretty entertaining. Dr. Ben Song (Raymond Lee) is likable, if a touch on the bland side, though some of that might be the amnesia. (I’m really disappointed that no one has compared his brain to swiss cheese. :frowning:) I could take or leave his hologram fiancée, but the two of them have some nice moments together.

They spend on a lot more time in the present than the old show, especially in the first couple of episodes, but I suppose that kind of ongoing storyline–they’re all, including Ben, trying to figure out why Ben used the machine prematurely–is pretty standard these days. I kind of wish it didn’t take away from the story of the person he’s trying to help each week, but it does tie things into the old show. And it helps that the team includes old favorite Ernie Hudson and new favorite Mason Alexander Park (their pitch-perfect Desire was one of the best parts of The Sandman).

It definitely has the earnestness of its predecessor, enough to make me roll my eyes on occasion, but its heart is in the right place and it’s a nice change of pace from the cynicism I tend to gravitate toward.

4 Likes

The Walking Dead

Ok guys. After two years of watching I finally watched the final episode with my mom. This thing was close to our hearts since we started binging season 1 - 9 in the 2020 pandemic and stayed hooked to watch the rest till the end. I can confidently say, after 11 seasons, that the final episode was the most perfect thing they couldve pulled off with what was left.

Spoiler:

Rick is finally back!!! Oh my god bro I had it hard when I saw his face. That was fucking perfect. And for once in season 11 AMC writers had the balls to kill off main characters: Luke and Rosita. Im really fond of the way they treated Rosita’s dead. Eugene by the bedside to say the last goodby. My guy used to be the biggest loon of the series and he outlived both his guardian angles. Speaking of which, my guy Abe :sob: Im so thankfull for that montage towards the end of all the characters we lost. Abe was my favorite so that bit touched my heart. This episode was great. The battle against the walkers and the gasoline trap. Maggie confronting Negan about Glenn. Carol with short hair. And Eugene has a child oh my god :sob: :exploding_head:

Litteral perfection. 10/10.

4 Likes

So this show had come to a close finally?

2 Likes

I didn’t read the spoiler as my wife is way into this show and sometimes I watch it with her. I’m glad you liked the last episode though. She is 2 or 3 away from being done. I’ll make sure to catch the ending.

@Count.Rushmore thats how I feel too. The first couple seasons rocked and then it got to a point where it was occasionally amazing and often blah. I also never could get over how they had bullets when the story wanted them to and didn’t when the story didn’t want them to, and except for once the why was never really explained.

3 Likes