TV Show Discussion Thread

Honestly, the usage of contaminated Flour/Grain as the reason which caused the outbreak to spread is a creative decision that I’m okay with for the TV Series. It basically shows how easily transmitted the fungus was on a larger scale.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the reason the Flour/Grain got contaminated in the first place was cause someone skipped on proper cleaning/sanitation procedures just to save a few bucks which is a very scary and very realistic thing that a lot of businesses do.

3 Likes

edit: accidentally posted a picture of Black Jesus :rofl:

2 Likes

I had this old paper with all the series I’d ever watched. Tried transforming a more complete version in Excel.

0.5 = watched season 1 partly
empty = about to start

Title watched total Finished next season
Prison Break 5 5 Yes X
Breaking Bad 5 5 Yes X
1899 1 1 ? ?
Silicon Valley 6 6 Yes X
11.22.63 0.5 1 Yes X
Band of Brothers 0.5 1 Yes X
Stranger Things 4 4 No TBA
Sherlock 4 4 ? ?
The Office US 9 9 Yes X
The Big Bang Theory 12 12 Yes X
Chernobyl 1 1 Yes X
Narcos 2 3 Yes X
Space Force 1 2 Yes X
Dark 2 3 Yes X
The Mandalorian 2 2 No 1-Mar
Mr Robot 1 4 Yes X
How I Met Your Mother 1 9 Yes X
When They See Us 1 1 Yes X
Friends 10 10 Yes X
Brooklyn 99 2 9 Yes X
The Sopranos 6 6 Yes X
Community 0.5 Yes X
The Simpsons 1 30+ No Lmao
Squid Game 1 1 ? ?
Cosmos Sagan 0.5 1 Yes X
Cosmos Tyson 0.5 1 Yes X
1883 0.5 1 Yes X
The Last of Us
The World at War
The Outsider

Do let me know if a part is incorrect about total seasons and the finished-ness.

2 Likes

Laughing so much at the

Simpsons: watched 1; total 30; still unfinished; lmao next season
cool table

3 Likes

Half way through season 1 (or a bit more, mind’s a bit fuzzy after a few years) I figured how long it was. Is it ever going to end?

2 Likes

Probably not for a long time, still…

At least there’s so much you can at least jump around the catalog and check out what’s interesting you. I’ve mostly been going through the seasons one-by-one to see its evolution, but sometimes I pick a much later season episode or a later Treehouse of Horror.

2 Likes

Good one. Enjoyed watching.
Maybe watch again sometime

2 Likes

I don’t care what people say but Book of Boba Fett is Mando Season 3 and is a necessary stepping stone for this upcoming season.

1 Like

I highly recommand Mr Robot.
Just be ready : some of it is properly harrowing.

Season 2 at first viewing looks less focused, or confusing. But it all makes sense when all is watched.

Also some of the season 4 episodes are just masterpieces. Almost stand alone. The five acts play one…

1 Like

Yeah season 2 didn’t catch my interest in the first two episodes. I have plans to start again though.

3 Likes

It’s the thing about season 2. Not a lot happens. And what does only makes sense latter.

3 Likes

Ep. 3-05, with the sequence shot at E-Corp.
I mean, come on. Surreal.
Must watch.

4 Likes

Unsurprising but welcome news.

5 Likes

I have leaked details about this season if anyone is interested.

1 Like

Having just watched all of Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra feels very different. It feels more like the Ba Sing Se episodes, which were among my favourites.

5 Likes

Ah man I’ve got to get back into that!

Only saw the first two seasons, haven’t watched any more for quite a few months now!

3 Likes

Last of Us Episode 3! This one’s got the biggest deviation and addition from the game yet, and it’s fucking beautiful!
I was not ready to cry, and boy did I CRY!!

Holy crap, this episode is like 80% Bill & Frank and 20% Joel and Ellie.
Spending a major part of the episode as a flashback, looking at how Bill and Frank meet, get together, see their relationship develop in this isolated town in small snippets, and ultimately unravel in a beautifully tragic way.

My gosh… the scene with the raiders coming in was tense! They nearly had me thinking they’d kill Bill instead of Frank! Thankfully he survives along with Frank, but man, not for too long after…
Frank develops some sort of nervous system disease, and ultimately, like the game, chooses to kill himself – though with his lover’s consent, after being treated to a great final day.

That entire last montage of the two of them together on that day had me uncontrollably bawling by the end of it. And in a major surprise, Bill chooses to die alongside Frank, leaving Joel and Ellie to come across an empty town, and a written note…

:sob: Jesus. After that I calmed down and enjoyed a little levity between the pair (and got majorly hyped when seeing Joel in his green plaid and Ellie in her sunset shirt!)

Fantastic stuff 10/10, a great slow episode that replaces the game’s action for awesome character building…

And next week, we ditch the feels for some tension again! The Pittsburgh chapter ooh! (actually Kansas City in the series)

6 Likes

What a beautiful hour plus of television The Last of Us just graced us with. Shoutout to Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey because their father-daughter energy/chemistry is off the charts but this episode is all about Bill and Frank. Holy shit, what a deviation from the source material. Future adaptations should take note; THAT’S how you alter things for the better.

5 Likes

Wowzah that was one interesting but good last of us episode

4 Likes

Okay, I just know I’m gonna be thinking about that very intimate bed scene between Bill and Frank a lot this week…
It was so good :rainbow_flag:

Nick Offerman did a fantastic job there, and it was a fantastic addition to show Bill of all people – Bill, the paranoid, rugged, very masculine-looking guy – be portrayed so vulnerable with Frank in bed.

He looked so nervous and confused, maybe even ashamed that he’d only done this “with a girl before”, and needed to be consoled and comforted by Frank – a very open, kind man, but relatively still a stranger to him.
I thought it was super wholesome and comforting in ways I can’t [and don’t want to] explain here right now…just some real feel-good stuff IMHO :smiling_face:

4 Likes