TV Show Discussion Thread

4 Likes

Oh, for the love of God! :man_facepalming:

If we’re talking about aliens and the undead…

4 Likes

Show us on the Cordyceps where the bad franchise hurt you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

when they ruined videogaming for everyone in 2013

4 Likes

That was it…

That was when the cinematic video game gritty narrative outbreak started… :scream:

Last of Us truly lives up to its premise

4 Likes

though i gotta give credit where credit’s due. after a very mediocre episode 1 and 2. i really enjoyed episode 3 of the last of us show and thought it improved on the foundation the game laid down with bill town.

3 Likes

not sure why u would want that from an adaptation of a game where the zombies are mostly there to give you more things to shoot? like i understand the criticism but idk how much the writers of the show can do about it

3 Likes

It doesn’t necessarily need to be from this adaptation, I’d just like whoever does the next original zombie story would try that.

2 Likes

My mom and I watched the latest Last of Us episode last night.

It was a much quieter episode, focused more on building up Joel and Ellie’s parental relationship, and they did a great job!

You also get to see a much more CGI-d Alberta apocalypse, which they also did a great job too!

That last scene where they’re laughing over the stupidest pun is such a fun moment

this episode had great recreations of the magazine scene, the joke book!! (My mom was so confused why I was hyped for that book), and the hunter ambush…

Jeffery Pierce (Tommy) appears! That was surprising! woohoo!

I think its cool that they’re tying in Henry and Sam’s introduction to this more fleshed out hunter group. They somehow wronged leader Kathleen’s brother, and she is out for blood! Yikes.

Next episode comes earlier because of a superb owl thankfully, so that’s exciting!
And there’s definitely something big and infected in that apartment basement… :hushed: oooh yeahhh

7 Likes

Super Sports Ball Show.

The White Run guards would say that’s it’s just the wind.

5 Likes

Hey! My green birds are in that Oddly Shaped Ball Spectacular, thank you very much! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

nothing to add just love that you described this episode, which has an ambush, gunfight and knife execution scene 10 minutes in as “much quieter” than the last episode which was just a feature length gay romance

4 Likes

That was 10 minutes in?! I was sure half of the episode was seeing Joel and Ellie travel around the place wow

1 Like

Well that latest episode of the Last of Us was as sad as I expected… yikes… :disappointed_relieved: (Episode 5)

We get to see a bit more of the Hunters/Rebels group, and how they’re just yet another brand of chaos and violence to ravage Kansas City.

The inclusion of many adapted scenes from the game was nice, such as Ellie and Sam having fun while the adults formulate a plan, the Sewer community they come across, the Sniper battle (very surprised that made it in!), and the final hunkering down together before the final sadness comes in.

Kathleen proves to be a very interesting antagonist. Someone who is very valid in her views of retribution and justice for someone she loved, but goes way too far and whose survival pursuits clash intensely in this very morally grey world.
My mom was confused about who the real good guys & baddies were, and we had a great discussion about it being basically no one. Not so clear cut.

The addition of Ellie’s line “my blood is medicine” to Sam at the end makes it so much more heartbreaking and touching of a scene… she’s just a kid, she doesn’t know enough of how her immunity works, but she still tries and believes she can help him in that moment… aaagh my heart…

Also that was a wild Infected action scene near the end. Kinda sucks that they painted over every real person there with CGI though. Lots of scares involved however! Seeing a Child Clicker was INTENSE.
And we now know how that Bloater takedown ends: grabs you by the face and rips your head off HOLY SHIT!

Anyway this episode and the last were a great little two-parter covering the Pittsburgh chapter. Had a couple laughs, had a lot of intensity, and some sadness. Woo great stuff!

5 Likes

With the 5th episode of The Last of Us I’m kinda torn in between “Omg, it was unreal, I love it!” and “hmm, that was an ok episode”, one of the most interesting aspects of this episode was Kathleen hatred and revenge seeking, that was kinda like Ellie’s hatred and revenge seeking in the 2nd game.
The best part of it was obviously The Infected Attack, tens of Runners, Clickers and a Single Bloater starting to kill them all was incredibly satisfying to watch, that battle was goddamn incredible to watch.
I was also a bit annoyed that Sam and Ellie didn’t told Joel and Henry about Sam’s scratch, it even tells us a bit more about Sam’s character, being able to trust Ellie even tho he knows her for like 2 days better than he can trust Henry, his own brother, I was not surprised Ellie didn’t told Joel, she hadn’t trusted him for the most part up until this point and it will take even more for her to trust, she is used to be relying on herself and it’s hard for her to trust as a whole, so she knew it was the greater choice.

6 Likes

With the 5th episode of The Last of Us, I’m actually getting interested in the lore. Specially the dad & daughter relation that is slowly growing between Joel and Elli. The episode was perfect.

6 Likes

I gave you guys a week off last week but I just wanted to say that I loved the trip to Jackson in The Last of Us. Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey continue to kill it as Joel and Ellie and the exploration of family ties were wonderful. I also liked teases and allusions and references and cameos regarding the second game/season (in particular but the first game wasn’t left out, especially with nearly verbatim dialogue). I will say that the episode spent so much time developing relationships in Jackson that the ending felt just a little rushed. It was just a little feeling but, overall, another fantastic installment; I can’t believe there’s only three weeks left.* (I also can’t wait for conservatives to lose their shit again and review bomb next week’s episode like they did to episode three.)

*before anyone suggests just playing the first game, I got Part I for my birthday so I definitely will be :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Episode 6 left me bloody speechless.

4 Likes

Episode 6 was so fucking good I’m fucking speechless, best episode yet, maybe not as good as ep.1 but this was an incredible episode, and if I didn’t enjoyed this episode enough I just know how great will the next episode be, holy fuck, Motherfucking David, if this episode won’t make me cry I’m placing an onion underneath my nose to get my tears out

4 Likes