Unpopular opinions about Hitman

Marrakesh is better than Sapienza, and I’m tired of pretending it isn’t :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Playing Contracts here and there right now and my unpopular opinion is that enforcers are better gameplay wise than Contracts’ system. Especially the reaction time.

2 Likes

I consider The Golden Dragon the worst unlock for the deluxe escalations.

I say this because of what could of been.

The Deluxe Escalations has had a clear theme which was 20 Years of HITMAN. With that being said it would of been more appropriate for the unlock-able to be Lee Hongs Sword which is objectively more iconic than the Golden Dragon which was based off of Dragun from HITMAN Sniper a mobile spin-off from Square Enix Montreal.

It’s an odd addition.

8 Likes

I don’t think that’s an unpopular opinion, dude. :grin: The disguise system in the WoA is the best solution they’ve ever found to social stealth across all 20+ years of the entire franchise.

4 Likes

eh, i dunno, man. the problem i had with it was it was unfathomable and inconsistent. i love that game, but the threat meter was straight up poor ui design; it didn’t tell you precisely what was happening. for example, going straight to red when you’re nearly detected was a bad choice imo.

the truth is, you’re not doing yourself any favours by waltzing in and declaring yourself an authority on who is and isn’t a ‘true’ hitman fan… on a hitman forum.

should probably take the L and move on, chief :+1:t4:

12 Likes

@Kebab_Nation the forum admin have already made his stance on this subject perfectly clear. Your
arbitrary and narrow-minded views regarding who’s a fan and who isn’t, is simply not welcome within this community. We expect you to follow the forum guidelines, that you agreed to when signing up. If you are unable to, we ask you to find another forum.

18 Likes

Fair enough lol. I’ve just been reading a lot of Contracts stuff recently for my replay and seeing a lot of “still the best costume system in the series!!!” and whatnot, so it came to mind.

Honestly it’s the mood and music of Contracts that are great, everything else is a pale shadow compared to Blood Money IMO.

1 Like

I enjoyed Contracts missions a whole lot more compared to Blood Money’s ones. Most of BM feel too stale or boring for my taste, while in Contracts even the most convoluted like The Bjarkhov Bomb are enjoyable for me.

Still, BM mechanics make it worthy to play overall.

3 Likes

i have feelings about blood money.

1 Like

@MrOchoa is this secretly you. We all know you would love to be the 1% outstanding. :joy:

1 Like

Makes me sad that you got this impression of me.

17 Likes

To be fair, @MrOchoa is almost an anti-gatekeeper, just specifically for C47.

7 Likes

I think the Ark Member in Isle of Sgail, who welcomes you on the stairs, is a very stand-up guy.

For some reason or other he receives a lot of criticism on this forum, but I think he’s being exceedingly friendly to 47, waiting for him to start his explanation, even though it can’t be easy given the situation. It’s cold, windy, and I imagine the people already there put a lot of pressure on him. Be he insists. He doesn’t want his guests to get in trouble for not having heared where they may or may not go.

Even when 47, despite this friendly man’s best intentions, simply ignores him, he takes it very well, with a little touch of humor and showing a good sense of self-reflection.

He’s also very dutiful. Instead of joining the festivities right away, festivities he probably paid a good sum for, he waits outside for a long time in the case of further late arrivals.

Top bloke, really.

10 Likes

People actually criticised him?! Why?

2 Likes

He’s annoying. “Ah!”, “Ah!”, “Ah!” Every time you run past him.

4 Likes

Hitman’s first enforcer joined the chat

No white dot, but he saw through that Red Dragon’s outfit sure enough. Plenty of guards in Lee Hong’s mansion actually did too, they just needed a bit of time, reflection and concertation to figure it out.

14 Likes

In Silent Assassin, every guard was an enforcer.

13 Likes

hitman 2 silent assassins guards were a test for absolutions guards.

8 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty much sure the intention behind the disguise mechanics in Absolution was similar to H2SA/Contracts, but people react as if it’s the only game where disguises are not foolproof

4 Likes

In H2SA even on expert difficulty, you can still pass by an enemy NPC and as long there is a bit of a distance between you and him and walk slowly, you are scot-free. On Absolution on the other hand, NPCs will detect you and you’re forced to use instinct. :slight_smile:

7 Likes