Unpopular opinions about Hitman

Oh sure, the snow alone being put on the level makes it bad :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

People who want an airport map have never been to an airport, that shit would be boring

10 Likes

You don’t want to solve the “how to get 47’s misplaced bag with his ICA drop in it” minigame? It could probably be speedrunned and done in under five hours…

9 Likes

Ochoa:

IOI: inhale

Dude, you gotta specifically say EAST ASIA levels!!! :grimacing:

3 Likes

You could say the same thing about a bank…

4 Likes

Lmao yeah you are correct, i often forget how big “Asia” is. I was thinking China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Japan :smile:

2 Likes

One interesting possibility is having a hit that’s pretty simple, and the challenge of the map is just getting to 47’s gear. If I’m not mistaken, he ran into that issue in Contracts, where he’s been on-site where the target is for days and was still waiting for his weapons to be delivered, so he actually may have been a victim of misplaced luggage during that one and had to go through the whole rigamarole of having to track it down. The one time the agency couldn’t put up the cash to ship express!

2 Likes

The only reason I’ve ever seen for having a snow level is that IOI have given us so many cold-weather unlockables that don’t fit anywhere else. That’s it. We have too many clothing and gear options that don’t work in hot weather so we must therefore need a snowy map.

5 Likes

Make it an isolated research station in Antarctica. It’ll justify all the winter gear, it’ll justify the target, it’ll be challenging to move around in when everybody should know everybody. Think the Colorado mission in -50 Below.

I wouldn’t even go to that much trouble. Just dump a bunch of snow on Hawkes Bay or Whittleton Creek and call it a day.

2 Likes

I only say Antarctica because it’s the one place on the entire globe that would logically be overlooked as a place where 47 would need to do a hit. So, go ahead and make it happen and make it official that there is literally fucking nowhere on Earth where 47 hasn’t been, won’t go, or didn’t need to kill someone.

Cue the complaints about how overlooked Easter Island has been throughout the series…

1 Like

Hey, I’d believe a need for a hit on Easter Island before I’d believe Antarctica.

You really have to watch those Rapa Nui…

Well, that’s not a bad reason on it’s own. Not to mention that a snowy location would be a good change of pace when almost half of the destinations are rather sunny and warm places, and it could allow for some unique kills, opportunities, gimmicks, just to name a few ideas: snow piles that can be used to hide bodies, stash items or create snowballs; icicles and piles of snow on the roofs for falling object accidents; ice that can function as a slippery surface (banana/wet floor from Bank) or as a trap for targets (crack the ice so they would drown)

4 Likes

i await the inevitable dont eat the yellow snow challenge

5 Likes

The people who say it’s boring lack imagination. With the right design any location can be a great experience.

1 Like

You’re comparing legacy levels with WoA levels :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Thats a flawed argument though. Every irl location could be a good hitman location with the right design.

What i mean with it would be boring, is that the inherent design for an airport makes for a segmented uninteresting map with little verticality and lots of running on flat surface.

1 Like

But I’m not talking about the inherent design, I’m talking about the complete design. Maybe you’ve been to boring airports.