Unpopular opinions about Hitman

Why are we arguing what the real way of playing Hitman is, when the game allows you to play it almost any way you want?

14 Likes

We should ask this question to Oscar Lafayette.

2 Likes

Because it was a burn I knew would work in the context of the conversation at the time.

1 Like

Alright are you ready for this controversial opinion? Here goes… I think Hitman 2016’s suit pose for 47 is a lot better than him standing up straight like he does in 2 and 3.

14 Likes

What is your reason why? Not arguing here just really curious :smile:

1 Like

Agree completely. I miss that pose. It looks boss, and let’s you have a clear look at the gloves you’ll be unlocking on the appropriate suits.

2 Likes

47 seems like he’s ready for action, either to punch you or pull out a weapon. In 2 and 3 he seems more passive. I would say it’s a good showcase for gloved outfits like @Heisenberg but I can’t unlock 9 of the gloved suits in 2016

2 Likes

Fair enough i never got hitman 2016 i started playing in Hitman 2 so ive never really seen anything from Hitmam 2016 but Elusive Targets and such. My favorite personally is Hitman 3 menu for two reasons 1) the colours are good and dont burn your eyeballs like hitman 2 does and 2) i like the face model better in Hitman 3 compared to hitman 2 (ofc hitman 2 was released in 2018 but its model is still amazing)
Edit: forgot to mention i dont mind seeing the gloves less because i can still see them and have never had the chance to see 47 in that pose before so i haven’t got a full opinion of it yet

2 Likes

At least in Hitman 3 they have separate categories so some of us aren’t forced to look at the Classic and Formal ones.

8 Likes

I actually don’t mind presence of Emmanuel Bourgeois (that enforcer guard in Palace Garden in Paris), mostly because I barely see him, and it’s the easiest way to get CICADA bodyguard disguise when on ground floor. If his point is to encourage players to blend within crowds to avoid enforcers, I’m fine with it.

3 Likes

For you, @schatenjager.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

7 Likes

I like the ducks.

Specifically, this one:

With shoutouts to these two:

Maybe it’s because I’ve only been with the series since 2016/17? :man_shrugging: I’m just not nearly as bothered by their existence as some people seem to be…

I can agree that there could probably be a good deal less of them (we could that about a fair amount of an increasingly cluttered inventories). I would only really notice because it would be quicker to get to The Pale Duck.

8 Likes

The best ducks look wise IMO are the collectors concussion duck (white with the red tie) and the classic yellow proximity explosive duck

1 Like

Anything “proximity” scares me because I usually accidentally set them off on myself… :joy: :sob:

5 Likes

I dislike the fact that ofc the arguably ugly red duck is the actual useful one (do people really use ducks over breaching charges???), i wish the yellow duck was not a proximity explosive. :laughing: :duck:

My problem with the Rubber Ducks is due to their overuse. They started out as something very simple an item that you could find and trade in for information with a patient at the Ort-Myer asylum. Along with other items like a book. It’s been featured in some Artwork all from H2SA and Blood Money to a fun nod in the 2007 film. But it was never something tied to 47 as a character, like the WA2000 sniper or the Silverballer.

I found the inclusion fun at the beginning of the trilogy. Now they almost seem like an extension of 47. Giving him some kind of ironic twist of humour that I find out of character. The humour of the series always came from outside 47’s character. His weapons loadout and tool kit is an extension of 47 and so are the rubber ducks now. I’m not saying that they are ruined his character, but it added an misunderstood element to who 47 is.

9 Likes

Fair enough, perfectly understandable, and there certainly is quite a few of them nowadays.

Like I said, it may simply be a case of me not having the experiences pre-WOA (which I do hope to change soon).

For me, while I’m not bothered by it’s existence, if IO removed like 80% of the duck related gear I wouldn’t necessarily miss most of it either.

3 Likes

Not me. I only really use the ducks when I choose chaos.

2 Likes

I use ducks to cause turmoil. It is simple to use them as they are not suspicious. If I need a smaller sound radius I use the concussive duck, for a larger I use C4 variants.

3 Likes