Unrealistic things in Hitman

If there is one thing that is clear about Carl from his dictating the history of the Partners, its that he is not as focused as he used to be and not really thinking things through - he is used to deferring to minions to do everything other than high level strategy (ie a real world CEO).

Additionally: The first target is an investigative reporter - not exactly a top end combatant, and not someone that a top end assassin should require conventional weapons to deal with - and y’know, stashing weapons is a standard assassin skill.

The surrendering weapons mechanic didn’t survive because it didn’t really serve a purpose and either led to weird scenarios where the guards have to assess each weapon v disguise or scenarios where the guards don’t think it’s weird the waiter is carrying around silenced pistol specially calibrated for his hands, ten minutes after someone shot a VIP with a silenced pistol.

2 Likes

Not really? Inviting an Assassin with a gun sounds like a bad idea lmao

3 Likes

But you’re talking about unrealistic things… if you’re frisked in a civilian-centric area somewhere like Dubai or Paris and they find a gun, that’s going to be an arrestable offense, which is pretty legit.
The nuclear testing ground in Siberia or the Meat King’s party are doing pretty illegal stuff anyway so it’s not like they’re going to turn you in. They just take your weapons to make sure you won’t stir up any trouble. Or they could shoot you in those situations if they wanted, and it’d still make sense

3 Likes

Sillier than weapons is the calamity that ensues if you pick up a letter opener or fire poker.

I wish you could get Madam Carlisle to open her morning post and let the guards take it from there.

2 Likes

It’s like the brief period where bananas were illegal lol

1 Like

Riddle me this, Batman!

Two world-renowned chef brothers, who filmed seasons upon seasons of their TV cooking show together, show up at a party. Upon stealing the disguise of one of the bros, none of the party guests notice the different appearance and not even the chef’s own brother!!

…HOW

3 Likes

They catered a Moreno cartel wedding.

Cocaine’s a helluva drug?

3 Likes

I can steal a chef disguise in one mission and not get recognised by the only other chef but yet can steal a security guard outfit and be spotted by someone across the map.

47’s muscles never paralyze. He can hang on to a roof or a cornice as long as he wants.

3 Likes

Well it’s not like he’s trying to do it on a moving train in below-zero temperatures, without wearing a shirt. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

People turn 180 degrees to the right to investigate a noise they heard coming from the left. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

There are lots of very fit Chicago Police Officers in Absolution, but there are also plenty who are more portly. IIRC 47 can not take the costume of the larger ones.

1 Like

We did get a few chubby people in H2 at least

Well, if you’re settling for chubby there’s Ken “the Brick” Morgan as well. But I’m sure he’d tell you it’s just the cut of his suit.

2 Likes

It feels very unrealistic that people all over the world would sponteously and openly compliment you on the way you dress, carry yourself, or your general good looks.

But maybe that’s just unrealistic “for me” :cry:

6 Likes

In that level they’re all actors though, so we can always brush that one up to an actor breaking out of character just because of how damn good 47 is looking.

7 Likes

And a “grieving” wife will proclaim, “Fantastic!”, when she finds the coin her recently deceased husband was carrying. LMAO!
Edit: …or a husband proclaims, “Does anyone know who this dead person is? Can anyone tell me?”, while staring at his dead wife’s body.
(I’m playing the Dartmoor Escalation, obviously. :laughing:)

5 Likes

Being able to use ammo from 9mm pistols for a 45 ACP handgun

1 Like

That is weird. Neck shots are usually fatal unless the receiver is super lucky and also treated immediately. There’s just too much blood going to/from the brain and it’s also a person airway.

1 Like