Upcoming Video Games

All the recently released info on upcoming Assassins’ Creed games has me excited for the series, yet again. Hitman is literally the only thing holding me back from having finished the series by now, but hey, if something’s gotta hold you back…!

I’m hoping the info revealed on Infinity means they’ll be able to make past games that had online service shut off, and lost access to some DLC as a result, available once again through this hub.

And, finally going to Japan for some actual Ninja Assassins, taking on (likely) Samurai Templars, with Japanese folklore involving youkai and kaiju being the latest conduit for Those Who Came Before.

I personally ain’t as excited for this AC game as its all cool that you have ninjas and stuff, but its said to be more like the newer RPG games (Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla) but imo the combat in those games wont feel ninja like for this game, unless they change it completely, im gonna be sceptical plus its a Ubisoft game so you’ve got to always be sceptical about everything

I think they’re going to change it up a bit so that the games going forward in this new phase have they RPG quality, but the gameplay will feel more like the traditional games. I think.

Hopefully they do because we’ve been asking since the Ezio days for Japan so thry better cough up a good one. Every now and then they do something right like the bloodline dlc in Watch dogs Legion or arguably AC Orgins which i know not many people liked but i loved as it was the first RPG AND it wasn’t going too far from simple AC style combat as stealth was still the easiest option

I hope so because I’ve played all of them until Syndicate then I got off of the AC train so I’d love getting back to its roots.

1 Like

Konami’s announced a remaster of another obscure JRPG that probably only I’m excited about. :grin:

Suikoden I & II HD Remaster releases next year on all platforms.

https://youtu.be/ibpBLv47IaY

I bought the first game back in the day when all I had to go on was what was on the box and loved it, but I never managed to find the second game. (At least not for under $100.)

Also, I’ll never forget how much it blew my tiny little mind when I was playing Metal Gear Solid for the first time and Psycho Mantis said, “So you like Suikoden?” :astonished:

5 Likes

After two years of early access, Mount & Blade 2 will release later in October for PC and consoles. Moderately excited for the game, I hope the controls for consoles aren’t too bad.

2 Likes

I’m thinking maybe one day about getting some new games on PC. Sadly, one of them seems to be a while away, this being Road to Vostok. It’s in early access on Steam in a Alpha or Beta form. It’s currently under development primarily by one person, and is a post-apocalypse FPS set on the Finnish/Russian border. So far it’s generated quite a bit of interest, but the finished game might be 2-3 years away from being ready for full sale.

I’ve also been thinking of Isonzo, which is a World War I FPS that focuses on the Italian/Austro-Hungarian front during that time. I’m more of a World War II guy, but any game that focuses on that area of the world during either World War is interesting to me.

Any thoughts or opinions on these two titles, or have other recommendations?

2 Likes

I was checking the prices of the upcoming game Marvel Midnight Suns and I noted that the Standard Edition is available only for old gen. For new gen, the minimum is the Enhanced Edition, which has additional skins and costs 10$ more. This is ridiculous: I wouldn’t have minded the higher price tag for next gen so much if they just called it as such without including additional crap. Not to mention there isn’t any info if it will be playable offline. End of rant.

1 Like

Anybody here excited for Rimworld’s Biotech DLC (releasing October 21st)? I know it will certainly help tie me over for the rest of the year until the release of Freelancer

3 Likes

Fuck.
You.

3 Likes

Looks shit. Bloober Team aren’t capable of reimagining that.

2 Likes

I was never a huge fan of Silent Hill, all i want is a new Castlevania, Konami :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Nobody is capable of reimagining this. Remaking Silent Hill 2 would be like the video game equivalent of remaking Casablanca, The Godfather, or Jaws. It’s something that was done absolutely right the first time, in spite of any flaws that might exist with it, and does not need to be done again, motherfuckers!

Just make a new game with a reformed Team Silent - I mean, Yamaoka and Ito are onboard so just let them put a team together. Reinvigorate the series that way rather than going for the Nostalgia Bucks. Better yet, make a proper remaster of SH2 rather than the dogshit HD port with new voice acting that they made a few years ago (You know, the one with Comic Sans on road signs…)

Silent Hill 2 is a bit too esoteric to be remade in my view, but remaking classic survival horror games has a good track record so far (RE2 remake is on par with the original). But that’s more of a standard horror affair, not something which invokes actual existential dread and makes you contemplate life.

I’d be up for a Silent Hill 2 remake, just not sure Bloober Team are capable and this trailer doesn’t look good. Also, Konami just seem to be using this as a launch pad for a new range of silent hill merchandise.

1 Like

maybe next time. In the meantime buy your fully articulated nurse figure that you can and will put in a jar for nefarious purposes.

2 Likes

I guess I’m getting into Silent Hill now

No Code Games aw yeah woohoo yes. Annapurna Interactive Yeaaaah yes yes very cool woo
This is gonna be an interesting partnership. Love tons of both those companies’ games.

4 Likes

I’m just hoping this game takes place in the same continuity as past games, not a new one. The thing is, with the town in question constantly altering itself to torment whoever enters it, with or without the cult and its deity there to add to the problem, there’s no need to ever reboot the series or make entries outside its continuity. That’s why I’m not such a big fan of Shattered Memories (but at least that’s a standalone), and why I’m actually glad Silent Hills didn’t go through, so it wouldn’t reboot anything. Hope this doesn’t.

Lol, Konami - when you suck at making games yourself so much that you just start throwing your IPs around to various developers to see if any of it sticks :joy:

No Code and Annapurna´s involvement certainly makes this one look interesting though (still haven´t gotten around to buying and playing Observation, lol). But I´m even more curious about the third announced game, Silent Hill f, though admittedly mainly because of the ´60s Japan setting.

As for the SH2 remake, yeah, not sure if Bloober is the ideal choice… I still have the SH games on my “classics I´ve never played” list, so a remaster would probably be preferable. What I´m hoping is for Konami to eventually put SH2 and 3 on GOG (SH4 being there all alone is just weird…).

3 Likes

You should bump it up the list. It’s fantastic, really creepy and engrossing.

Of course, I’m a sucker for weirdness on space stations. :grin:

5 Likes