Upcoming Video Games

The Sam & Max and Tales of Monkey Island games are decent though not as good as the older, OG games in their series. Heard that the Back to the Future games are also okay, definitely a must play for fans. :smiley:

Wait, what do you mean by their ā€œOGā€ series? They started out with Sam and Max.

If you havenā€™t you both should check out Telltaleā€™s Batman series.
They give iconic Batman villains some neat twists and origin stories and the plot is a really nice bit of intrigue, drama and detective work. Plus, it dives into Bruceā€™s character under the mask a lot more than usual.

Season 1 is pretty good, but thatā€™s only because Season 2 blows it out of the water. The plot for S2 is tense AF, lots of unique takes on well-known characters, and best of all, choices actually freaking matter in it. Iā€™d say itā€™s the best thing Telltale made just before they went under.

sure. they should have the balls to say something rather than wear the simulacra skin of a very real, very recent battle for fun and profit.

what bothers me most is we wonā€™t hear from any arabic voices in the discussion. not even devs who might have something to say about it. there were multiple hundreds of civilian casualties and we wonā€™t see anything from the perspective, itā€™ll just be from the us side, whether didactic or not.

1 Like

The old ones by Lucasarts Games :stuck_out_tongue:
Sam & Max: Hit the Road and the 4 Monkey Island games made by them.

There were actually a few other games made by Telltale before S&M, such as Bone and Texas Holdā€™em.
Before Telltale got their hands on the S&M ip there was going to be another game made by Lucas named Freelance Police but got canceled.

grrrr, the 3 words of the apocalypse

3 Likes

Ohhā€¦ ā€œIn their seriesā€. Now I got it.

1 Like

there were only two monkey island games, just like there was only one matrix movie and three indiana jones films donā€™t @ me.

1 Like

Well I donā€™t think they will make it fun even if they are aiming for those sorts of people who think game should be about ā€œescapismā€ and ā€œfunā€ (despite this game being about fucking Fallujah). It is based on Fallujah using testimonies from soldiers who were there so I doubt fun or profit is the name of the game.

Really? I mean they did interviews with US military staff who were there so I thought thy would have gotten the tale from actual civilians there.

1 Like

granted, iā€™m making assumptions here. if it ends up more as an educational experience, iā€™ll be very happy to be proven wrong.

however, if theyā€™re making a game, i will be very surprised if theyā€™re not going to make it fun (it ainā€™t gonna be no pathologic) or with the intention of profiting from it in some way. no fun and no profit will just end up tanking the studio, wouldnā€™t itā€¦?

at least stuff like this war of mine supported war child and was used as an education tool in some polish schools, you know? it had a point and it helped in some small way.

from what iā€™ve read so far, itā€™s entirely from the us soldiersā€™ perspective.

"As weā€™ve watched the dialog thatā€™s taken place about the game, there is definitely one point that we want people to understand about the game. And that is, itā€™s not about the politics of whether the U.S. should have been there or not. It is really about the stories of the Marines who were in Fallujah and the question, the debate about the politics, that is something for the politicians to worry about. Weā€™re focused now on what actually happened on the ground.ā€

@EvilGeniusRo :joy: you can @ me if you wantā€¦ but no one else!

2 Likes

Iā€™m with you with only 1 Matrix and only 3 Indiana Jones movies but why only 2 Monkey Island games? I can understand the 3D one is not to your liking since that is considered the black sheep in the series but why The Curse of Monkey Island also?

1 Like

if such a game were to exist (and it does not), purely on a personal level, it might not have sat quite right with me. i may have felt that it couldā€™ve been alright, but i may have not have liked the ending, the tone shift from monkey island 2ā€™s darker more cynical direction, and its less free form structure.

if it existed.

itā€™s alright, honestly. just doesnā€™t live up to the first two for me. no gilbert is a no sell for me. :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Where is the love for Telltaleā€™s Back to the Future game?

1 Like

Yep, worth a playthrough if youā€™re a fan of the movies. They managed to bring some of the original cast, even Michael J. Fox and while he didnā€™t reprise his role as Marty, the role he played is bitter sweet.
Wish Telltale would have continued with a second seasonā€¦

1 Like

Yeah it is kinda sad but then again he was like four times as old as Marty by that point and suffering from Parkinsonā€™s reportedly he had issues playing him in the later films but yeah it was nice hearing him in the game. I donā€™t think it needs a sequel though, I think it is best left as it is.

1 Like

Well, nothing too much came out of the Direct really. A character from Xenoblade Chronoicles 2 is the next DLC fighter for Smash, I havenā€™t played that series but Iā€™m sure fans of XC2 are stoked. Lots of various third party announcements, lots of ports of existing games. New Mario Golf game I might get so I can play it with my Dad. No More Heroes 3 which looks OK, never played the first two. To be honest I think the art style is so washed out it makes it look last gen in my opinion.

Considering the rumours of Nintendo doing a Zelda 35th anniversary year like they did for Mario last year, the only Zelda announcements were an expansion pass announcement for Hyrule Warriors, and Skyward Sword is getting an HD remaster. Good thing about Skyward Swordā€™s remaster is that it makes the motion controls optional, unlike the original Wii version.

And finally, Splatoon 3 announced for 2022, which I think Iā€™ll buy at launch. Wanted to get into Splatoon but since I only got my Switch last year and Splatoon 2 had already been out so long, not really sure if many people even play Splatoon 2 anymore. Splatoon 3 will definetly be a good jumping on point.

1 Like

Where the fuck is Scorpion? I want to finally play Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter :frowning:

I think the Main Character is voiced by Jane Perry? Sounds like THATS her.

3 Likes

Possibly Carole Ruggier but itā€™s hard to say for certain.

za/um? yeeeeah iā€™m going to need a release date for disco elysium final cut soon or i may gnash my own face off, okay?

1 Like
  • ā€œDisco Elysium: The Final Cutā€ is set to release on March 2

Fingers crossed for this to be true :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

are they reliable? it says in the bulletpoints but not the bodyā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like