Visit Ambrose - Featured Contracts (Sep. 30, 2022)

Wow, that was quite original, never knew you could do it this way! Amazing how creative players can get… Can I please make a vid using this cool method?

2 Likes

Congratulations to the winners!
Thank you for this excellent contract @linux_penguin

5 Likes

Anyone “stop over in Bangkok”? My stay was quick, electrifying and explosive AND the stalker never even left the top floor! A member of hotel staff DID walk out on the job shortly after however and stole someone’s boat. :man_shrugging:

Anyway, another fun little puzzle. Still a little salty I failed to get picked once again but congrats to everyone who did! A third of the way through and it’s a pretty nice batch so far.

1 Like

Of course you can :smiley: Thanks for creating this and congratulations for getting featured!!!

1 Like

After I realized I didn’t rated this one and I replayed each contract to death, eh, why not:

Not a fan of this batch

BEST: Tourist Tendencies: Even tho this is first place in this batch, it’s no where close to be my fav FC, anyway, it is a fun contract, not too many options now because IOI nerfed the molo, but even without the molo it’s a nice puzzle to solve and a fun contract to grind, it’s fun I guess :man_shrugging:, 7/10.

2ND PLACE: The Pirate Taketh Away: This one was a pleasent surprise, tho enforced melee items in loadout isn’t cool, and even tho Ambrose is free and every player that played it prolly unlocked it, it just limits the loadout and you may never know why players might need an extra spot, bad stuff away, this was quite fun, I’d change the hook target to Any Method just so he could be killed with a Sniper like the other 3, but other than that it was pretty enjoyable, 7/10.

Disclaimer:
These reviews represent my general opinion, and don’t strictly say how good or bad was the contract, but how much did I enjoyed playing it on a scale of 0-10, and saying what did I liked / disliked more or less about the contracts, you may not like what I’m saying here and none of the things I’m saying here are supposed to offend anyone and I’m trying to write these thing in the least offensive way possible to keep the good vibes in here,
PS: The words Best and Worst mean Most and Least Favorite, it’s just much more simple to write it down this way.

Yes linux, I wrote this for you, I feel like my review of your contract is “I suck so this contract sucks”

3RD PLACE: You SONKO My Battleship: Yes, most of my disliking for this contract came up as I failed more and more after I got the SA, but I still like most of the premises, SONKO is always fun in trespassing areas, standing explosive devices are awesome, but, the target choices weren’t perfect because of the chef target, ooooooh that chef target, I really didn’t liked his route changes, him starting at one spot and 1.5mins later going to a whole other spot, with way more NPCs, I liked Orson and the 2 guards, they were all great choices, but I found that Chef to be a route destroyer of the worst kind, this was fun but the chef made it such a nightmare, 6/10.

4TH PLACE: Please, No The Rum: I didn’t liked it because it was too simple and for the target layout, 2 targets at stilt and 1 farther just created a 30 secs run from one part of the map to the other and considering that killing the first 2 can take like 20 secs tops and Kusumo can be killed extremely fast too, this contract was way too simple and felt quite empty, 4/10.

5TH PLACE: Stop Over At Bangkok: remote kills contracts can be fun if done correctly but having the 2 targets right next to each other so all you need to do is place a propane and a micro taser and this contract is extremely simple, 3/10.

WORST: Waterworld: This contract was awfully linear and quite limiting, there is a single way to pull off the Yeager kill and it’s the bridge fall, and after you run the 1 minute long run to Crest and his buddies, you can obviously find a way to kill them from up close and hide all three in time, but considering how much of Crest’s route takes place in stilt, going for sieker and bomb into the water is the easiest way, and prolly what most players done, 2/10.

5 Likes

I agree with this list, though Tourist Tendencies would get a disqualification from me give its similarity to a previous FC.

2 Likes

If it’s fun - it’s fun
If it’s not fun - it’s not fun

This list is pretty much what I enjoyed more and less

I think this batch is complete for all player, from newbie, casual, SONKO enjoyer, to pro speedrunners. Some contract maybe very easy and some maybe very challenging. It’s depends on the player.

Hey I agree/sympathise with what you wrote so absolutely no worries, out of curiosity which start did you go with?
Oh and honestly if you can put my contract above 5/10 I’m happy enough with how my contract appeals to you
And another edit, this contract was definitely a big gamble on how liked it’d be and apart from one reddit post complaining about YSMB and Waterworld having explosives folks have really seemed to like it/ go “oh that was challenging but I got there in the end” which is a great boost for poor confidence, thanks everyone :heart:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Default, killed the chef and ran all the way to the shrine for the easy guard kill, the only 2 easy parts of this contract, anything else was pure nightmare

The last place you should listen to is Reddit, since you don’t have to be a member of this sub to actually post and comment there, in comparison to Discord and Forums, they don’t know shit and they keep proving it with every single trending post there, and yea, of course people here recieved YSMB better than Reddit, it’s a challenging fun contract, just that even challenging has it’s limits and until I got my SA I had to keep going, not matter what.

1 Like

These contracts were kind of a mixed bag.

Some were pretty easy (“Tourist Tendencies”, “Please, not the rum” and “Stop over at Bangkok”) but I still enjoyed them a lot.

The SONKO was insanely hard, probably the hardest FC I ever played, and it took me like 5 hours to finish it. Despite all the rage, I still liked it, mostly because it was a full explosives contract (but that guard with the binoculars was really, really annoying).

In “Waterworld” I liked the Crest-bombing but yeah, Yaeger isn’t an interesting target since it’s either you know a fall from the bridge counts as drowning (???) and it’s easy or either you don’t and spend ages trying to get him near a loo. I keep seeing Ambrose contracts with this guy and the hippie and I swear if I have to eliminate those treehuggers again I’ll just drop C4 everywhere.

I absolutely hated “The Pirate taketh away”. I still don’t understand how you’re supposed to get rid of the tourist near the lifeguard. Everything I tried ended up with either the lifeguard leaving or that guy standing around like an idiot. One time I managed to drop the coconut on the lifeguard without killing the tourist, but got spotted by some psychic villa guard while killing the hook target. In the end I got fed up with sneaking into those cantseeshit bushes in the villa for the 72th time and just settled with 4 stars.

3 Likes

Take a Sieger 300, Legshot the tourist from the pool in the empty shack, shoot the coconuts down

Same shtick I did here, skip to 0:35 https://youtu.be/ID67Z53u0WY

I think I already tried to shoot him with a body-poking sniper but it only ended up with him either losing all his blood from a toe wound or eating a coconut to the face while the lifeguard ran away :confused: I was probably too close, I’ll try again around that pool if I ever want to deal with the villa bushes again -_-

What i did is kalmer the lifeguard, which makes the other guy flee so i wait for him to leave and then shoot the coconut. tho if he flops backward the coconuts miss him

2 Likes

@Melusca, I was also pissed off by this tourist. I put the gun next to the tourist, he got away to inform the guard, I threw a coin where the tourist was lying, the target reacted.

2 Likes

Such a simple solution yet I didn’t think of it :confused: All those no-paci contracts have addled my mind :x I even brought the Kalmer for the two people near the hook target lol

Turns out Waterworld was not so linear after all. Here is another way to do it, takes a bit longer, but its much cooler than the pier bombing:

6 Likes

Awesome run, bro! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Yeager kill is still the same, I have seen a couple of runs too and none of them went with any other strat, which, yeah, you could sieker the bridge guard, do the weapon shtick, sieker Yeager, drown him in the toilet, and drag him all the way to the container near Smith and that dude’s cell, which is like 2 mins by itself, but, most players will do the bridge kill for Yeager, because that’s the intented.

And yes, while some people did different stuff with Crest, you can’t say that there are lots of methods for it, and these methods are either siekering him near the sea or using story stuff that isolate both him and his guards (and yes, that siekering in DJLMAN27’s vid), even if it’s not a contract that limits that much, it gives the method that it is.

Lets look at the chef target in Linux’s contract, yeah, while I didn’t liked him as a target in that contract, he starts by standing still in one point of the map, a non restricted place, and moves to a restricted spot 1.5mins later, players get a choice here, and it’s a very obvious choice, where to kill him, and then it’s the how you kill him and keep SA, it’s multiple layers of choices that give the players the feel like they have the option to choose, that’s why it’s not a linear contract, think about it.

Btw, you know that your contract in the pirates batch was better just for that aspect alone, any player that didn’t know your playstyle was traps and remote kills didn’t even tried to do anything close to traps, and considering that half the whole area of the contract is basically sea, where you can hide the bodies, players had lots of options and ways to solve the contract.

Linear isn’t only about how many ways there actually are to solve the contract, but even more about how well do you show the player that there are multiple ways to solve the contract.

Yeah I replayed this contract to use C4 on Yaeger like everyone else, and it’s way more fun than using the bridge. Gotta love how 47 hides his little gift for him behind his back :smiley: