What is your go-to karaoke song?

Inspired by my misreading of the title of another thread

So you’re at karaoke, you have to pick a song. What are you gonna pick?

2 Likes

Mine has to be Wild Wild West by Will Smith. A great song from an equally great film :wink:

I can’t sing to save my life tho, so I just bet on talking fast instead

5 Likes

I pick any old song of Die Toten Hosen.

This one in particular if I have to pick one:

Sober, 1 beer, 10 beers, always goes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Last time I was smashed enough to do karaoke I performed the fuck outta this:

4 Likes

Sang this at my brother’s wedding reception, other than that night I never touched karaoke.

6 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t sing, but if I were forced to inflict my “voice” on other people, a little Cheap Trick might be fun.

2 Likes

When things go back to normal, I’d love to try my hand at this. Having a woman sing it completely changes the tone:

4 Likes
2 Likes

I am usually the only one who will sing English songs among the groups of friends or family. You can’t find many English songs in Asian karaoke bars, so most of them are pretty old. But it won’t stop me from giving myself and my friends some Wei Shen moments! :joy:

Besides that, there is a Chinese song that usually helps me to cheer up the group. It’s Jackie Chan’s “男子漢” (Nánzǐhàn), which is the localized version of “I’ll Make A Man Out Of You” from Mulan, which also at some point became a meme song that Taiwanese youths adore.

6 Likes

Love Me Like There’s No Tomorrow | Freddie Mercury | Mr. Bad Guy Album
Pretty gentle rhythm, great lyrics, easy to sing for people with foreign accent.

3 Likes

The Champs - Tequila

4 Likes

:joy: there’s no lyrics for you to sing!! Or well they say “tequila” once or maybe twice.

1 Like
5 Likes

That guys got about as much expression in his look as 47.

1 Like

He acutally went to «America’s Got Talent» with this: Tequila! Karaoke #HelberthGong69 - YouTube

You´ll disappoint me if you say you don´t throw in a Take On Me every now and then :joy:

@MrOchoa is a practical man. He combines singing karaoke with ordering drinks. Two birds with one stone! :joy:

Anyways, to answer the question, I don´t have a go-to song, but the last time I was drunk enough to do karaoke I felt like spicing up the endless combination of Japanese and English songs by going with t.A.T.u.´s Я сошла с ума. Had to check and read the lyrics (which I don´t know) beforehand online to have any chance of reading the cyrillic fast enough to “sing” :joy: (My sudden language shift also encouraged a nearby group of Spaniards/Latin Americans to sing a song in Spanish :laughing: )

5 Likes

Oh I am gonna have some intensive training sessions of that song just for you and Tiffany, too. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I´ll have a pork bun reward waiting for you afterwards :grin:

1 Like

Sang by Mikee Goodman

3 Likes