What Videogame(s) Are You Playing?

i’ve got sts on mobile. if i even open the app, that’s me gone for the evening. the synergies are so damn tasty.

5 Likes

Still never made it to Act 4 yet because I haven’t beaten Act 3 with Defect (not sure I’ve ever beaten Act 2 with Defect, actually - I just do not get how to play it) and I have so much fun just picking Watcher every time and destroying everything in Wrath/Divinity. YOLO all the way!

4 Likes

After waiting some time for a functioning Joy-Con, I recently finally made it to the postgame of Pokémon Violet. All I can really say is that this has to be one of the best in the franchise. The story was one of the most engaging in a long time, the cast was fantastic; I mean, if not for the performance issues*… who knows? Maybe it should be number one but it’s definitely at least top three.

*I wasn’t actually that bothered by them but I could definitely notice them. Let me tell you, there might be some people who can notice a single pixel in the background running at 59fps but I am not one of them; it takes A LOT for me to notice things like that. I don’t want to dock the game too much for them though and, for some reason, I found some things, like the sub 15fps windmills, oddly therapeutic and satisfying. :man_shrugging:

All in all, a truly fantastic experience, maybe helped by my growing collection of shinies. I know it’s never been easier to get a shiny Pokémon but I want to note that the only one I got in the entire history of the mainline games was the red Gyarados (some twenty plus years ago) and now I have seven (including a full odds Voltorb that was just rolling by and miraculously didn’t explode).

Anyway, if I’ve ever had this much fun or been this satisfied playing a mainline Pokémon game, it’s been so long I genuinely can’t remember. Truly remarkable stuff!

2 Likes

i assume that you didn’t spend much time in the ultra sun, ultra moon wormholes if you only ever had 1 shiny up until now

1 Like

No, I can’t say that I did; like I said it’s been a while since a mainline Pokémon game has grabbed me like Violet has (and the Ultra versions weren’t very “ultra” imo). However, I doubt it would have made much difference; the shiny gods and I have never gotten along very well (I had to save scum more than once to even get the Gyarados).

1 Like

Dead Cells Castlevania DLC

6 Likes

Jedi Fallen Order again. God i hate Wookies and Kashyyyk with every cell in my body.

Hopefully we wont see either one in Jedi Survivor.

6 Likes

I finished the funny meme game, the main game atleast. I’ll be playing the blade wolf and jetstream dlc very soon. And yea this game still fucking slaps. The level design can be a bit weak sauce and i fucking hate the gorilla ug’s but overall this game fucking knocks it out of the park in terms of action and story.

The best part of this game is still the winds of destruction and their bossfights though. Each one of these fuckers has less than an hour of screentime yet they completely engrain themselves into you via their wonderful bossfights, music and vibrant personalities that all tie into Raiden as a character. Masterful writing and game design

8 Likes

Is this some sort of neo-futuristic american fantasy fever dream game… like… way more so than normal Metal Gear stuff??

3 Likes

its chronologically the last game in the metal gear timeline, the story follows raiden in 2018 as he cuts down world marshall and desperado llc. to save some child brains and to discover somethings about himself. and the word meme is said alot, i heard people like the word.

also im kinda glad its not an american fantasy fever dream, because the story focuses mainly on raiden just tryin to get his revenge(ance), but ends up getting a bit deeper than that on a character and narrative level.

4 Likes

Been playing Grounded Mode Plus on TLOU

Financial District was as hard as it was the first time around. This took me over 30 mins of deaths

…Also wtf was up with that last enemy? What trickery is this game pulling in the background?
I encounter a black shirt dude with a gun, I startle him to run away, then a hoodie guy with melee gets the jump on me, I kill him, and that’s the last enemy?? Whaaa??

Edit: I realise, I think black shirt guy died after one bullet – he didn’t run away behind me, that was him collapsing on the ground.

7 Likes

Done. Very short but very sweet Dlcs. Each one taking about an hour, hour and a half. I preferred the Jetstream DLC by long mile. Mostly because I find controlling Sam a lot more fun than wolf. they both had pretty good bossfights and mini stories though.

As for all the bosses in general, I think only one boss really flubs in the gameplay department and thats metal gear excelsus, but even that boss has the best fucking track in the game and an awesome finish backing it up.

my boss ranking would be something like this (might change it later due to me replaying the bosses on higher difficulties and trying to go for their respective no damage achievements)

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Boss Ranking

1. Senator Armstrong
  2. Monsoon
  3. Jetstream Sam
  4. Senator Armstrong’s Job Interview (Jetstream Sam DLC)
  5. Sundowner
  6. Khamsin (Blade Wolf DLC)
  7. Mistral
  8. Metal Gear Ray Upgrade (Jetstream Sam DLC)
  9. Metal Gear Ray
  10. Blade Wolf
  11. Blade Wolf (Jetstream Sam DLC)
  12. Metal Gear Excelsus
8 Likes
2 Likes

I finally, finally finished PsychoNauts 2 this weekend, and my overall impression after completing the game is the same impression I had at every step of the journey: This game is a masterpiece.

No further notes.

3 Likes

Beyond masterpiece :grin:

2 Likes

Fear me!! Master of the Apocalypse!!

Energized by the past few Last of Us TV episodes coming to an end, I pushed through what I had left of my final trophy/difficulty, Grounded+!

Man, this was hell. The David fight this time took me about 7 tries instead of just one… Dude literally has eyes on the back of his head if you sneak up to him too close.

I now have full mastery of the original TLOU! Turning the difficulty down now will probably feel like cheating! My god this was tough. But now it’s done!

My sister has mentioned interest in trying out the game in the future after enjoying the series so far, so I’m sure I’ll be revisiting this on a lower difficulty soon enough…

Maybe in the remake, when it goes on sale again…

10 Likes

no, bad. You already own the last of us, you don’t need to buy it again

4 Likes

Yeah, @MrOchoa, I agree with Khaki just like you do. :+1:

5 Likes

but khaki please you don’t understand, I want the super pretty version
nooooo

(eh we’ll see. If I can get it below 40$ tho I’m definitely buying it. though there are other things I’m interested in moving on to)

2 Likes
4 Likes