What was your last purchase? 2.0

I bought soap.

It’s handcrafted, and ethical. Mainly got it because I want a product that’s actually good for you and not full of chemicals. The major brands aren’t bad for you, but they cause build up which inhibits hair growth and causes you to shed hair.

Cleaner Scalp and smoother skin here we come.

edit:

Also bought Merch to represent.

11 Likes

I bought soap.
I bought soap.
I bought soap.
I bought soap.

7 Likes

Have fancy soap?
Be Rich Evans?
You can only be one at a time.

4 Likes

Yesss! Finally got the chance to purchase these babies, wanted them since I was a teenager!

16 Likes

You should totes try making soap!

I make surfactant based washes instead (more like the shampoo in the first photo than the soap) because soap is made with lye and lye is highly caustic which scares me, while shampoo tends to be made with things at a more neutral pH. They’re both bad to breathe in and you need a filtered mask, like a p100, but if you spill SCI on your hand, you will be fine.

In fact, I just recently made a cherry blossom yuzu shower wash. It smells DIVINE, omg I love it so much.

But yeah soap making is a great hobby, I hear. I think you need lye, oils, and a large amount of fat like lard. Perhaps some colours. :smiley: Could be so fancay~

4 Likes

& @Swangtheugly

I knew a girl who made her own soap. There are lots of videos online to get you started and you can even sell it on Etsy. I don’t know if she was actually profitable or if it just covered some of the cost of her hobby, but the soap she made was awesome.

4 Likes

Great setup! Do you use Rekordbox with it?

I used to use Rekordbox with a controller (DDJ1000) but just upgraded to the standalone professional players. Using it with Rekordbox kind of (I prep with rekordbox and either export to USB, or: I intend to link to my rekordbox laptop library via ethernet - but I haven’t tried that yet)

1 Like

It’s probably profitable. At least from what I know making hair and skin products, they cost quite a lot less per bottle/bar than they are typically sold for.
I don’t sell any of mine, I’ve mostly been trading with other makers for fun stuff since I just do it for the love of science/chemistry.

Last year I made a powdered face wash! Was experimenting with making stuff in ‘the wrong form’ if that makes sense.

So yeah, probably profitable :D. I ever figured if I stopped doing my awesome job, I could use it as retirement or something. People often ask to buy my hair products.

2 Likes

Love Rekordbox. Got a DDJ1000 myself and two Technics turntables. It’s so much fun to play with samples, loops and records at the same time.

1 Like

Some beer =)

12 Likes

Alrighty I bought a few things.

• Haircut

Essentially got my hair short. Highly recommend it when your hair gets too long and you want it short. 100% would get again in a few month’s. Won’t show a picture but that’s cause I don’t wanna be called Macaulay Culkin.

• Pokémon Adventure’s Collector’s Edition’s 1-6 (Manga)

I rarely read Manga, but I heard good things about these so I decided to get the compilation books. Gonna be some good easy reads for me which I don’t mind the change up from what I usually read.

5 Likes

A group of 8 of us just got tickets for August !!!

9 Likes

I don’t know. I hear she’s got good speed on the bases, but she strikes out a lot. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Always swinging for the fences :joy:

2 Likes

I look like Seth Rogen in Skinhead Attire, dont take stuff like that to heart :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I’ll die on this hill without taking it to heart trust me. :wink:

3 Likes

Just got rid of a lot of sneakers. So I bought three new pairs of shoes. As you probably can tell, I really like Adidas:

8 Likes

Adidas makes some great shoes, i keep buying Sambas over fifteen years or so :joy:

1 Like

They also fit my feet perfectly. Nike are always too narrow on the side, Puma aren’t that comfortable, …

1 Like