What was your last purchase? 2.0

I went to the mall today and bought this deadpool tshirt, Spiderman graphic novel, and won this pop doll in a claw machine so if anyone could tell me the fuck is this thing I’d be more than happy

6 Likes

Pop Eternals KRO

I asked Google Lens -

5 Likes

Thanks, ngl, it is ugly as shit, but I won it in a claw machine so it’s a w

6 Likes

As promised I’m back with a few benchmarks. It’s important to note that IOI appears to have a problem in their game engine with regards to ray traced reflections at the high setting. My game has constant stuttering as if it’s hitting some kind of bandwidth limitation. I checked and no CPU cores were maxed out, system RAM and video RAM were not being pushed past there limits and frame rates appear playable other than the strange stutter problem. My guess is that the Glacier engine has some sort of data throughput limitation that makes it unplayable even if you do have hardware that can push it.

So with that out of the way these screen grabs were run at 4k with quality DLSS mode and all effects maxed. RTX shadows are enabled on high and RTX reflections are enabled on medium. HDR is also enabled so the screenshots look kind of blown out.

This last image is in Paris where I was taking a look at CPU utilization on 16 cores / 32 threads.

100+ FPS is very solid. If IOI fixes whatever problem they are having on the high reflection setting the game would run a bit slower. If IOI were to add DLSS 3.0 support with frame generation it would probably push the game to 150FPS or more maxed out at 4k which is insane.

3 Likes

It’s been out a couple of months, but I finally found a 12-pack of the limited edition (and Michigan exclusive) Vernors Black Cherry at the store.

Personally, I tend to prefer Canada Dry, but Vernors is an institution around here and it’s the first time they’ve put out a new flavor in 150 years, so it’s a weirdly big deal. (Seriously, people are selling 12-packs for $40 and 2-liters for $25 on Amazon. :laughing:)

9 Likes

10 Likes

At the start of this year I bought a new pair of headphones. I went from a wireless pair of steelseries back to Sennheiser gaming (now just called EPOS). I bought the bulky and less discreet GSP 500. I mainly choose Sennheiser due to my great history with the G4ME Zero (horrible name) headset that was based on the HD380.

While the GSP 500 had a great sound profile. The bulky design sadly made them uncomfortable to wear. Then yesterday I began to notice a lose connection. It would come and go. It made playing R6 almost impossible.

I decided to return them and go back to where my love for Sennheiser began.

The Sennheiser Game series. (now just Game and not G4ME, my biggest grip with series) I choose the Game One this time around, due to them being open back. This is the most comfortable pair of headphones I had the pleasure of wearing.

6 Likes

Had a promotion at work earlier this year, so treated myself to a bit of gamer-flexing:

LTT Backpack
512GB Steam Deck and official Valve dock

11 Likes

Bought a alternative version of the Ghost Face Mask for the school Halloween party.

I planned to buy a Michael Myers mask, but the quality looks rubbish on the majority. I’ll look for a more expensive one next year.

8 Likes

I have a big problem while gaming on my laptop. I get nausea often.
Why this? Because my chair can’t get any lower and I am constantly looking down while keeping my head straight.
But If I sit like a shrimp of course this problem goes away in exchange for some back pain. I mention I bought a gaming chair with lumbar support, well it really does miracles but in just 5 minutes gaming while having my eyes looking down it get’s me sick.

NOW NO MORE!
I was thinking for a lot of time of a solution and I was thinking about a laptop stand and now I have a laptop stand. Nausea no more and finally I sit in a correct manner.
To complete my setup I went for, of course, Razer. It’s not the RGB model.
It costed too much and sincerely I am better off. I just want something to keep my laptop higher at eye level.

I tested first on Warzone. I feel a lot better and more concentrate.
There was a fear that I would feel discomfort on my left wrist because the hand is inclined but instead it feels normal. So far no problems.

Bonus picture @MrOchoa would approve

16 Likes

I made a few tasteful purchases in the spirit of The Season of the Witch

Halloween Kills “Art Edition” (Fire Ant) LP

Halloween Ends “Art Edition” (Blood Twister) LP

Burn It Down - Sacred Bones Exclusive Half Black Half Orange

Halloween lll Hats from Fright Rags.

9 Likes

Hitman Blood Money, Xbox 360 version in my Xbox One. Wanted to get the HD pack of H2.SA and Contracts too but I have a pending commission drawing I also want so this works for now. Also because gotta practice what Freelance might resemble the most. :d

10 Likes

9fb

11 Likes

Adooorable new calendar finally arrived!

It’s pretty freaking cool. Really great art in it, accompanied by a description of what scientific microcosm each art piece depicts.

Never owned a Kurz calendar before, figured I’d pull the trigger this year before I forget for another time. Also might motivate me to fill it out with more things for next year.

9 Likes

Bought the Northman in 4K

Been wanting to see this film since release. But sadly missed the window it was in cinema.

12 Likes

I got some new cute pieces for my flat :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Not in the picture are some artificial plants for my bathroom (I don’t have a window there, so I can’t place real plants) and a new lamp for my bedroom from Ikea.

14 Likes

Bought a book called Christmas Bestiary about the creatures you can meet in the dark december night.

For each picture a page of background lore will complement the artwork.

It will be one of the four mini present for my girl as part of her Advent calendar. She loves Christmas and I hope she will enjoy this dark Christmas gift.

12 Likes

Almost ready to play God of War Ragnarok.
Waiting for that Amazon delivery staff to ring my door bell on 10th November.

My wife bought and ordered a surprise pre-order game for me :heart:

I am a fan of all independent game organisation like IOI, Santa Monica studios, Sucker Punch etc etc…

7 Likes

Ah yes, my favorite independent game studio, heavily supported and affiliated with playstation

1 Like

This should be interesting, especially considering how divisive the reviews for the game are.

8 Likes