What was your last purchase? 2.0

Getting ready to host our first Christmas. So we are doing some cheap border shopping in Germany.

12 Likes

Well, there goes a month of my salary, but I am ready for NFS: Unbound! :racing_car:

Also, unlike PS4, H3 no longer lags whenever 47 roams Mendoza’s garden foliage, which is nice.

16 Likes

Nice to see so many join the PS5 club lately. @YellowZR1 what do you think of the console cover? I must admit I am tempted to get one, in the same colour as yours actually, but not sure I can really justify it, especially when I’d probably have to put the default white one in a cupboard or something.

4 Likes

I am glad you asked and happy to join the club, yo! :sunglasses:

Well, I mentioned that I spent a month of my pay, so the blue cover was actually part of the bundle offered by the local game store I visited. There was only blue :blue_book: or pink :closed_book: ones left (with the blue one being literally the last one left in the store, so it wasn’t a tough choice for me). Besides that, what was also included was a copy of any PS4 game that I could get from the shelf, hence I did pay a bit more than MSRP.

What’s funny though is it’s actually been a month since I bought it, but I haven’t bothered to use the cover yet. I think I prefer the original white body of PS5. So the cover and its box remain on my shelf with other of my collection displays. :wink:

7 Likes

So these are a Chanukah gift for my bosses husband. He’s got about a thousand shirts and some shorts and a necktie and even a pair of socks. Now he’s got the drawers too.

3 Likes

Finally got them for my XB1.

15 Likes

Spent the exact amount of cash I wanted to taking advantage of some early Black Friday deals, plus some math to calculate what I want to get and what I can pull together in my budget.

Traded in Mario 3D/Bowser’s Fury for an impressive 50$ amount thanks to a random weekend Gamestop deal. (Literally the only thing I use their trade-in deals for). That, plus a few smaller bonuses to GT Sport and Splatoon 2 traded in, I managed to completely cover the cost of buying Splatoon 3!

I also picked up a small Playstation gift card that mostly covered the purchase of the Blood Money/Absolution bundle, plus NFS Hot Pursuit remastered! Very happy about that, finally.

9 Likes

Bought a tv, preused one, just for connecting my tv boxes to it and watch ukrainian television, football mostly, over Internet.
Toshiba 32LL3C63DB

9 Likes

Parts for my new build
LG OLED C2 42"
ASUS ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming WIFI D4
Intel Core i9 13900K 3.0 GHz 68MB
Kingston Fury 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL
Kingston KC3000 M.2 NVMe SSD Gen 4 2048GB
EK-AIO Basic 360

12 Likes

I was thinking of buying it, but I couldn’t find a single shop around where it was connected to a gaming console. I asked the staff if it was possible but they no, like I spend so much without seeing it in action. Stupid employees, stupid managers.

Sorry for the rant, I hope your build goes smooth.

1 Like

It went very well thank you.
As seen in this thread I used an LG C1 55" before, but it was too big sadly, and before that I had a Philips BDM4065UC (40" 4K Monitor) so I knew full well my sweetspot is ~40-42" and already it feels so good to be back =)

4 Likes

9 Likes

Very jealous of the TWEWY: Final Remix. I’ve been looking to find a physical copy, or some sort of digital sale, but it’s just won’t happen!! The sequel goes on sale very often for all platforms, for great prices, but that first one just refuses to drop!

Though I am hyped that there’s a Death Stranding Director’s Cut upgrade path. 15$ gets you converted into DC version plus the Digital Deluxe goodies too. (just some silver+gold styled equipment, but it’s still nice). Haven’t gotten in the mood yet to jump into it, but hopefully soon I’ll pull the trigger and revisit it.

3 Likes

Alpine A110GT

A jewel with 300 horsepower.

It arrives on my doorstep in June! <3

Sporty two-seater, took a lot of convincing from my side to get my girlfriend on board with the idea (and the car itself :-D)

14 Likes

Well, TWEWY wasn’t a Black Friday deal, or the sequel. Only Death Stranding was. I saw a few games on sale I want to get at some point but nothing too urgent. I remembered I wanted TWEWY since I hear nothing but great things about it. But no retailer sells the Final Remix physical version anymore. So I went on eBay, saw it being sold for a “reasonable” price, aka £35, and decided, screw it, and just bought it. Doubt I’d be able to get a copy much cheaper. With Neo, only one British retailer, Argos, seem to have it left in stock, so decided to pick that up too. I’d rather have physical copies of my console games.

A bit of an impulse buy I guess but I am very excited to play TWEWY when it arrives next week.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic!! They don’t sell those stateside so I’ll be looking forward to some photos. Congrats on winning the game of convincing (I know how tough that can be sometimes :joy:). I hope you love it.

5 Likes

Nice. I uh also kinda just did a gaming impulse buy :sweat_smile:

Metroid: Samus Returns for the 3DS.

Been wanting to get it for a good while – especially after hearing how good Metroid Dread is – which Returns is the gameplay precursor to.
There’s this local games retailer that sells a lot of import/out-of-print games on their site, and they also have a small collection of physical 3DS titles. They also happen to be doing a Black Friday sale for a few of those titles too. One of which was Metroid… but just for 45$ – 5$ off.

So, that plus shipping and taxes brings it to about 5$ over the base price of the game, but at least it should be a physical copy that I get for a very reasonable price instead of other physical versions that go much higher. :person_shrugging:

8 Likes

I love Metroid Dread, Samus Returns is another on my 3DS list. Really after Christmas I need to set aside some money and go on the 3DS eshop and decide to buy a few games before it shuts, games I decide I’d rather get digitally if their physical versions are just too expensive. But yeah, hope you enjoy Samus Returns, definetly a game I will get around too. I’ll post my thoughts on The World Ends With You 1 and 2. Always had my curiosity peaked since the first cast’s appearance in Kingdom Hearts.

3 Likes

On Friday Chris LaMartina reached out to me about a shirt I’ve been trying to acquire for the past two months since they are extremely limited. He re-released the shirt in two colors. One very limited by only 2 and the other in Black which isn’t limited. I took the only medium of the limited shirt and here I am today.

13 Likes

I remember you posting about making your own fan-made-but-slightly-similar version of this a while ago.

I dunno who or what this is about, but it’s awesome that he got back to you about this re-release of the resl thing!

9 Likes